What's new

*sigh* Being pressured

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Personally, at this juncture, I think it's time for critical mass. Five years ago, I might have been a little more guarded. Now, I would tell her where you are really at, and why, and ask her if there's some reason she can't communicate with you about that, and listen to "your reality".

Of course, she'd want to report you to ethics, write up a KR, and perhaps cut comm for a whle. This might hurt. In the long run, though, you'll be creating an opportunity for her to wake up and get out.

Div6

Crusader
It sounds to me as if she istrying to get you to do a Dianetics Seminar, which would entail some off-the-meter type stuff in a room full of other people.

There are a number of items that must be "in" for auditing to occur:

1. Well rested
2. Well fed
3. No drugs within 6 weeks
4. No alcohol within 24 hours

etc.

freethinker

Sponsor
Tell her you changed your mind and you don't want any auditing.

If you let her audit you she will keep a folder and will turn it in.

I think you can see where this goes.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Half in half out?

I think it's not a good idea to try to getting auditing within the "official" church while associating with us SPs here on this forum.

Either go get the auditing and agree to abide by all the rules and regulations of being a good Scientologist (including getting off your withhold of associating with us evil ones, and doing the lower conditions that will likely follow, then kow-towing for the rest of your life, basically).

Or else state your position that you are not comfortable with organized Scientology anymore, and then go seek auditing in the Freezone, if that's what you really want.

The first option could be very uncomfortable for you in the long run. The second option takes some guts initially, but I'll bet you feel better if you don't try to pretend anymore.

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Moe! Larry! The cheese! Moe! Larry! The cheese! Moe! Larry! The cheese!

My 2¢ worth is that you should stay away from this mind bending called "auditing". I have never seen "miracles" come from any of it, at least any long lasting or permanent ones. I still believe we fall into a hypnotic suggestible state after any auditing and is need be, our minds will conjour up fantastic fantasies to fit the suggestions and trance, or to get the hell out of the session. :confused2:

I would tell her in a firm tone that "I am not now, nor will I ever be interested in being audited, either by anything to do with scientology or the I.R.S. I am especially not interested in nor will I step foot in any org, mission or associated group of scientology." :yes:

Good luck.:thumbsup:

remember, the mouse cannot resist the cheese but an EX can resist the wash, rinse and dry because the machines were, are and probably always will be broken. :yes:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
It's funny to see people swing so strong in the direction that auditing is hypnotism, after having supported the idea that it produced clears.

Neither one has a shred of evidence.

:)

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here are a few excuses to use......

(1) you've met one hot chick (or dude) that you are really into, but you noticed that she/he laughs hysterically whenever the word Scientology is mentioned....in fact a lot of your friends react in the same way. So.....because you value sex above just about anything else.....Scientology is definitely OUT.

(2) You don't have any "ruins".....Your Prozac medication which is almost empty makes you very happy. In fact, could she "loan" you a few bucks for a "refill" until payday?

(3) Tell her politely, that you are NOT INTERESTED in Scientology, and don't want to discuss it anymore. If she brings it up again after that, lift an eyebrow, act very concerned, and say in a very patronizing way...."Auntie...we already discussed that....don't you remember.......What else have you been forgetting lately....???"

:giggle::giggle:

Out-Ethics

Patron Meritorious
I can think of many reasons to not get auditing but you should simply tell her that this isn't what you want. It's honest and straight-forward. If she doesn't like that then your aunt needs to deal with that. I can understand you not wanting to cause a fight or an upset but to get audited by her even if allowed to do it in her house isn't helping you nor does it help your aunt. In the end you need to decide what to do but if it were me I just tell her that this is not something I want to do and let it rest at that.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I'm not sure why I am posting this, I guess I just need to tell someone and to get some opinions.

A family member, who is a Scientologist, let's say she's my aunt, recently brought up the idea of her auditing me because she needed to audit someone for the course she's on. Last she knows of my involvement with the COS was that I was interested in the technology and would probably study it on my own time rather than take any courses, which at the time was true. Since then, (it's been probably 3 years) I've shifted from "interested in" to "opposed to". I managed to get off the subject of her auditing me by saying that since we had a personal relationship, it would be difficult to be comfortable and honest with her about things in the type of relationship an auditor and PC have. She seemed to understand this and get off the idea.

Lately she has been hounding me to watch the new Dianetics intro video. Finally this afternoon I let her show it to me. It was fine enough, but afterwards her passion in auditing me was reignited. Perhaps because of the video and perhaps because I wanted to do her the favour, I agreed to it. I mean, it's not like I have to pay for it and it might be fun to do together.

Then once I agreed to it the floodgates opened and she was talking to me about MY doing the course and auditing HER as well. So not going to happen. I just sat there making "Mmm.." sounds until she realised I was not interested. Then she wanted to schedule something this week and revealed 2 huge deal-breakers.
1) The auditing would take place at the local mission.

2) Someone will be in the room with us observing the sessions.

In my vision, the vision I agreed to, her and I would meet on our own time, probably at her house, and she would audit me alone. I said I wasn't sure what I was doing this week and wasn't wanting to schedule anything, she said why can't I schedule auditing and work other stuff around that, to which I laughed. I told her I didn't like the idea of having someone in the room with us and I hinted at not wanting to go to the mission. It didn't seem to do the trick and we finally parted ways with her saying she would call me tomorrow to set something up.

I can't help but feel like she is trying to get me back into Scientology again and this is her way of doing it. I wouldn't mind being her PC for a short time and seeing what happens just out of curiosity, but I have 0 intention of setting foot in the mission and being a part of the Scientology world even briefly. I would probably vomit if I did, actually.

How should I tell her?! I don't want to make things awkward between us but I feel very uncomfortable flat out telling her no, especially after agreeing to it which I should not have done and would not have done had I all the facts.... :no:

Tell her you respect her path but that you have your own path in life.

And here's a good buzzphrase to use:

Remind her that Scn does not want people to be there who AREN'T there on their own determinism. Tell her that you will not be other determined and that such would make you ineligible anyway.

Wisened One

Crusader
Yeah, she's on a course and is being pressured to find someone to audit so she can complete, so she can then be re-signed and/or recruited for Staff/SO. On top of that, she's daily being pressured to bring in 'new people' to scientology. (as well as get any of her family/friends into it).

It's all a business hamster wheel (and CON) in the works. (money given for scn courses and auditing essentially goes up to pad the leader and his entourage's pockets, while any/every other staff member below them (those that *work/volunteer* for scn) litererally slave their lives away *clearing the planet*

If I were you, I would NOT agree to allowing her to audit her nor be filmed, etc. Work on getting her OUT of the church (as a start).

If you really want auditing, you CAN find it outside the church.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sigh

Sigh, gees do I get that.

Tell her all of the aboves . . .
Do not under any circumstances set foot in any scn bldg. EVER.

End of it. Unless she presses/pressures you, then, get her online to ESMB, other sites, to read some of the stories, watch the videos, interviews (such as Hana's) - and say not another word - to her - until she sees - or 'blows' - lol.

Sigh - or anything as close to that as you can get and feel comfortable with doing.

I feel for you . . . Sigh :unsure: :ohmy: :nervous:
Do your best, but no go there . . .

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
I'm not sure why I am posting this, I guess I just need to tell someone and to get some opinions. <snip>
Awright.. Tough spot it is.. But it is important to be aware that your aunt is not pressuring you.. Not by herself anyway.. In fact it's a well organized group of determined scientology salesmen pressuring you.. Using your aunt to do it..

And to me it looks like they want to force the issue..

Meaning that if you are adamant and say no.. You will have someone from the org accompany your aunt next time..

If you still say no.. There will be 3 scientologists having a go at you.

If you persist and say no.. Or God forbid.. You throw a fit in desperation.. It'll end with your aunt being 'made aware' that you are PTS or an SP, and you are making her PTS.

Hmm.. What to do? - I'm at a loss.. I really don't think there's anything you can do. Those zealots are like being pursued by the terminator.

Both you aunt and you are being screwed over.. You know it.. Your aunt doesn't..

I see no option but to say: "FUCK NO!" - And then try to make her realize that 'the Gestapo' will be called in because of her failing to bring you.. Noncompliance.. Demand to know why you can't simply decide not to have auditing.. If your aunt had taken up an interest in golf, you coul simply say that you are bored with golf!

Hell of a problem.. I know!

Mockingbird6

Patron with Honors
Yes!

Tell her you changed your mind and you don't want any auditing.

If you let her audit you she will keep a folder and will turn it in.

I think you can see where this goes.

You are absolutely right. If this person gets any service at all, twenty years from now he/she will still be getting phone calls at all hours asking, "How was your auditing? Have you done your basics yet? What's your next step on the bridge? Have you heard about the event coming up that's the absolutely most fantastic news ever heard in the whole f'cking universe?"

:duh:

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
Take this a stage further.

Terl says he is now opposed to Scientology, so he is ahead of the "aunt" in having an objective view of Scientology and its manipulations.

So his duty towards his aunt is quite clear: he should work towards getting her out of the cult, not make her way further into Scientology easier. Saying Yes to her now is not good for either of them.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Take this a stage further.

Terl says he is now opposed to Scientology, so he is ahead of the "aunt" in having an objective view of Scientology and its manipulations.

So his duty towards his aunt is quite clear: he should work towards getting her out of the cult, not make her way further into Scientology easier. Saying Yes to her now is not good for either of them.

One option would be to have a heart-to-heart with the aunt, telling her about Lisa McPhearson, Paulette Cooper, Operation Snow White, The Truth Rundown, etc, etc. Give the aunt SO MUCH data from SO MANY different sources that it becomes very hard to rationalize away or say "these are just SPs".

When you think about how many people are out who used to be very senior Sea Org terminals, it's really hard to just dismiss. You have to think "Well, so many people who were very senior 10 years ago are out. If they were SPs, how can I be confident that the current crop are not SPs?"

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
It's funny to see people swing so strong in the direction that auditing is hypnotism, after having supported the idea that it produced clears.

Neither one has a shred of evidence.

:)

I'm not sure what you mean - that there is no evidence that auditing is a form of hypnotism, that there is no evidence auditing creates clear, or that you find it funny people have come to realise that auditing is a form of hypnotism having earlier not known, or that there is no evidence that auditing is hypnotism and that there is no evidence of it creating clear . . .

True, there's no evidence that auditing creates a "clear", but there's plenty of evidence that auditing is a form of hypnotism. That people were once deluded and now see it for what it is doesn't strike me as being particularly amusing. But, perhaps, as is sometimes the case, I have the wrong end of the stick.

http://www.religio.de/therapie/sc/hypnosc.html

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I love the Anderson Report, but it's not evidence that auditing (all auditing) is hypnosis. However, I will acknowledge that it certainly is an effort to change a person's mind through communication, so is in the same realm.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
From the Report:

Though in hypnosis there is no E-meter as there is in scientology, at almost every stage there is a parallel between scientology auditing and hypnosis, and it is even to be observed in the initial stages when the auditing session is about to commence. It is well recognised amongst psychiatrists that persons who desire to be hypnotized, or are expecting to be hypnotized, more readily succumb to hypnotic processes. It is not necessary that the subject should be expecting to be hypnotized ; he may not be aware of the meaning of hypnosis or of what is involved in it. It is sufficient that he expects to receive treatment and he makes himself ready and available to the practitioner for the treatment which is to be applied and is ready to accept direction from the practitioner and the consequences or the results of such treatment.

. . . what sort of evidence would you consider definitive? Any?

There's certainly plenty to choose from. I wouldn't consider only one source as being an arbiter, but surely there must be a tipping point when the sheer volume of evidence must create at least a doubt. Of course, volume isn't the only determinant when reaching a conclusion. There is also the quality of the evidence. There's direct, first hand testimony from the victims, there's the considered opinion of hypnosis experts, there's the determination by psychologists and psychiatrists, and there's the decisions of law courts. The only people I can see who say auditing is not hypnotism are the auditors.