What's new

*sigh* Being pressured

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
"OK, I'll repeat the 'auditing' question: do you have a 'misunderstood'?"

"Fine, I'll repeat the 'auditing' question: do you have a 'misunderstood'?"

"Thank you, I'll repeat the 'auditing' question: do you have a 'misunderstood'?"

"Great. I'll repeat the 'auditing' question: do you have a 'misunderstood'?"

"Good. OK, I'll repeat the 'auditing' question: do you have a 'misunderstood'?"

"Alright, I'll repeat the 'auditing' question: do you have a 'misunderstood'?"

Nothing hypnotic about auditing alright! :no:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
" . . . yes, master . . . yes master, I have a misunderstood . . . yes, master, for except by you shall I achieve spiritual enlightenment . . . yes, master, I will send my father to prison . . . yes, master, I shall commit perjury . . . "

Truth&Honesty

Patron with Honors
Uniquemand,

There has been a lot of research/information regarding dangerous cults and how their indoctrination practices (eg meditation, repetition, etc...) create a light trance-like state, which is fundamentally different from normal consciousness.....in a trance ones attention is focused inwards....peoples critical faculties are diminished and they are much more susceptible to cult doctrines.

If you would like more info, read Steven Hassan's Book titled "Combatting Cult Mind Control" also check around on the web for more resources.

For years I was unable to explain to my parents how I was duped into the cult, but I finally understood why after reading Steven Hassan's book, as well as other books on the same subject.

T&H

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Certainly I can understand how auditing can be hypnotic, and that it sometimes is intended to be that way. Personally, it wasn't, for me, but there were times when I was certainly in an altered state of mind. That was the point.

I was duped into scientology, also, but not through auditing. It was the hype-machine that got me, and the apparent "short-circuit" into a "career" as an auditor that didn't require years in schools. Of course the career was a joke, and it was actually a short-circuit into working for a cult, but the auditing part I actually really liked.

People enter trance states all the time. Certainly it's dangerous to allow cultists control over your trances, but there's no harm in trances, intrinsically. They are how we "tune" into experiences. People often understand hypnosis only in a limited sense, as in "post-hypnotic suggestion", and I don't think that's what happens in scientology. I would happily admit that it's hypnosis of a more general sort, where the mind is tuned in to either past memories or "mockups", or otherwise (objectives).

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Certainly I can understand how auditing can be hypnotic, and that it sometimes is intended to be that way. Personally, it wasn't, for me, but there were times when I was certainly in an altered state of mind. That was the point.

I am not hypnotized
I am not hypnotized
My arm is getting very heavy
I am not hypnotized
99; 98;97;96...

Zinj

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Terl's potential co-audit

Damn it Terl!

Don't you realize that you're holding up the show? Your "aunt" is on the completion list for THIS week!! If you don't get your ass down there, you're going to hold up a Comp, the completion VSD, success story, RESIGN GI (!!!), Gross Book Sales and so many other important functions of the org that actually, it's just down-right Suppressive of you not to report!

"Leverage, leverage, I just don't have enough leverage!!" Quote of Terl from BE.

Stay suppressive Terl - and NEVER, EVER give them any leverage!!

God bless you and welcome to the SP community!

Last edited:

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Tell her that you've been taking a lot of LSD lately, and that she looks like a huge pink triangle. Works every time.