ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

slightly illegitimate perhaps

Discussion in 'Reconnecting with Old Friends' started by CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Annie Bunny

Annie Bunny "Take me to church" by Hozier. Perfect.

These types of stories are what keep me out for good. My heart goes out to you. I hope you find your siblings. The disconnection is the best weapon the church has to keep control of its members .Imagine that a church that "indirectly" prohibits its members to Stay in communication with Anyone who has anything "bad" to say about the church. No whistleblowers allowed or you loose your Family. Very convenient.

lotus likes this.
  2. Annie Bunny

Annie Bunny "Take me to church" by Hozier. Perfect.

Wow. I am definitely getting the books.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    JustSheila and ThetanExterior like this.
  3. CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON Patron with Honors

Bless you Annie, I love you for ever. Another sad fact has been my mother's silent determination to discourage me from looking for the Greene's, or even asking about Peter. I feel that all the time still. I did find and facebook messaged a brother in the USA and a sister three miles from here but after several letters I gave up, their stony silences speak loud; the good news is my Niece Nina, in Hawaii, who found me here. We speak by telephone and e mail. Janis and I exchanged a few e mails and her books are reasonably priced, Amazon, Abe Books etc. If you want to contact me , any of you, my details are in my profile

Enthetan likes this.
  4. This is NOT OK !!!!

This is NOT OK !!!! Gold Meritorious Patron

Is the silence of these discovered relatives because they are (still?) Scientologist? But you were never in, so I wondering......

Enthetan likes this.
  5. CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

I do not know, they may have been suspicious, it's the web, who am I really? etc. eventually I messaged them both with an angry 'we probably did have the same father; but your attitude tells me I don't want you in my life------something like that. Silence continued
    my niece Nina put me in touch with a step brother, Paul, half brother to my eldest half brother Martin, who was Nina's father. He became a Rabbi in the southern USA, and died radically embittered. The step brother told me Peter had crippled his wife with a blow-----both my step brother and I must have spent the rest of that night recovering from his anger and I have not spoken to him again. Nina told me later the step brother's father was violent to my brother too. Our family carries masses of heavy 'karma' Nina met Peter shortly before he died of lung cancer in 89, and she told me wanted to contact me. My mother would have done all she could to prevent it. Nina's mother met my mother once but I was never told. And so it goes on. On the other hand, we have a deeply spiritual streak and tendencies towards genius i.q.s My mother and her parents is/were Quakers. Quite a spiritual Cocktail. Knowing I am a quarter jewish puts another major piece of my life's jigsaw in place. I never knew until i learned about Martin having been a Rabbi, why I have felt jewish all my life.
    The brother i messaged is Peter Christopher Greene, in the States, and the sister is Frances, very near Kilburn underground station about three miles from my place, i.e. north central London.
    And thanks for remaining interested, you are helping me to keep trying

6. CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

um, this may ned its own thread; but is Scientology 'plugged in' to any other religion or spiritual grouping? (kosher to satanists and anything in between?

7. This is NOT OK !!!!

This is NOT OK !!!! Gold Meritorious Patron

I'm paraphrasing, but someone here once wrote that Scientology is a criminal conspiracy, operating as a cult and masquerading as a religion. The only thing Scientology is "plugged into" are mafia-like attorneys.

8. CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

Yes; I wasn't thinking of 'kosher'. but Hubbard was said to have got many of his ideas from Aleister Crowley, moderately good minor poet and associate of W B Yeats in the Golden Dawn, infamous black magician, heroin addict, long lived, humourist (his hymn to Mary has an obscenity running down the initial letters of the verses)--incidentally another disciple of Crowley's, a well known film maker, raped me in '69, --and my Father was very into things now associated with 'new age'--and ways of making money on line nowadays seem to be along lines that some magicians have long used. Cults usually masquerade as religions. Hitler believed himself to be a Catholic and the Mafia probably do too. I was only musing, but the Greene's have loads of physical and emotional afflictions, meaning baaad characters and all the hallmarks of a 'family curse'. It is amazing that Nina and I have been able to be good people.

9. CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

Your nic is perfect for this thread.;)

10. Little David

Little David Gold Meritorious Patron

Richard Behar the author of the 1991 TIME magazine cover story on Scientology wrote in that article:

"The Church of Scientology, started by science-fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard to "clear" people of unhappiness, portrays itself as a religion. In reality the church is a hugely profitable global racket that survives by intimidating members and critics in a Mafia-like manner."

[​IMG]

The Thriving Cult of Greed and Power

Ruined lives. Lost fortunes. Federal crimes. Scientology poses as a religion but really is a ruthless global scam -- and aiming for the mainstream
    by Richard Behar

https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Fishman/time-behar.html

tesseract likes this.