What's new

slightly illegitimate perhaps

CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

Patron with Honors
some of you have seen my thread Peter Greene's children; but for those who haven't I am one of his sons; and I hope to find and connect with whatever brothers and sisters by him I have. I am told he ran the Phoenix and Atlanta missions between 1977 and 1982. He was also in overall charge of the 'work' in South Africa around 1960. His debriefing from 1982 spoke at length about power struggles, which seem to have caused him and his wife Doran to be 'declared' (what exactly is that?) and all references to him after that until the death of both Peter and Doran in 1989 used the term 'squirrel' which does not take much intelligence to decipher. He began his relationship with LRH around the time of my birth, 1951 in London, England. I still live there. May I also give public thanks to all of you who have written to me, for such a warm welcome. I am deeply moved, especially as I expected everyone to be paranoid and suspicious. Instead you have been simply lovely.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
The word 'declared' refers to the cofs practice of disconnection. It happens frequently in cults. If you look sideways at the wrong time you can end up being declared an 'SP' (a suppressive person) in the cofs.

Scientologists (while they still care) are very, very careful what they say, do, think or even feel ... out of fear of being declared.

Supposedly 2.5% of the planet is suppressive ... most of them seem to be here (lol). We are all SP's, some of us even received a lovely typed cofs announcement concerning our hideous, degraded and disgusting new status ... it looks quite nice framed and placed in a prime position. I didn't get mine, sadly but assume I am declared.

It often/usually means that the person being shunned loses their 'friends' and family instantly (if their family is in the cult).

It's about the nastiest and most vicious thing the cult can do to a person but we seem to survive and adjust to life minus our children, parents and friends eventually ... the stress that dissipated as soon as I flicked the cult out of my life certainly made things easier for me to cope.

I'm not sure that the term 'squirrel' is easy to decipher in this instance ... I never really understood it, but assumed it meant someone who gathered and hid precious nuts tek deviously ... for future use thereof. Anyway, it means someone who has left (or been booted out of) the cofs and is practising elsewhere using the cofs 'nuts/tek' (technology) without permission.

Your Father was apparently both a squirrel and an SP (yippeeeeeeee) and was possibly (like many of us) a bit of a rebel too.

:yay:

CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

Patron with Honors
Hey again Trubs, thanks of course, Declared as you defined it is what I expected; but 'squirrel' is thought by many to be someone who is to be hunted down, totally unimportant but to be eliminated. That chimes in with the lost web page my nephew (?) Martin McArthur put up strongly hinting he believed both Peter and Doran were murdered by the cult. Doth he protest too much? Or is it likely? Peter's long debriefing shows him as having worked hard to heal quarrels and using his high rank, seniority and personal charm in a very good way in 1980, but he was declared soon after and expelled. Someone here told me he and Doran set up their own spiritual/therapeutic centre using materials just like scientology's early stuff, maybe that's the squirrel bit. I am rapidly getting a very mixed impression of the man, lots of people here liked him, but with reservations, eg domineering but friendly was one observation. He and his children were obviously highly intelligent, something numerous i.q. tests say is one of my characteristics too. My long experience of mainstream churches has included occasional bouts of serious power madness and damage to those who did not toe the line, as well as to those who did. Thank God that is still an aberration in most Christian circles. I have written elsewhere about how I handle wooden headed doctrinaire bullies, the sort who want to be the inquisition, you have to prove you are first, totally kosher, then treat them to a tiny dose of real thinking. Demolishes them every time. 17th century quakers were very good at that, first outclass their opponents on their turf, then hit them with your own reality. Meant they got persecuted worse than everyone else, but won both enormous respect and gave rise to many great visionaries, like the New England Quaker John Woolman who was the first ever to decide slavery is wrong; no biblical quotes, just a more tender conscience than anyone before, He then worked hard for decades to get all Quakers to agree on that, and instigated the first big movement for social justice, one man, a movement, the slave trade and slavery abolished----my family on my Mother's side, quakers, sorry, but yes, I am for ever glad of that heritage. I think, despite my mum saying there was nothing good in my dad, I'll be pleasantly surprised as it all unfolds.

CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

Patron with Honors
I have said it several times already, but I am amazed not to have encountered the slightest paranoia or even suspicion here, you are all so friendly; it is delightful.

CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

Patron with Honors
Trubs, I have come to love that nic, but ok, caution is always necessary, especially in a place like this; but there is such a thing here as pm, just a bit of chat, no pressure, no nosiness, but eg you could tell me what part of the planet you are in these days? If not ok, understood and accepted, but I am still asking.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I have said it several times already, but I am amazed not to have encountered the slightest paranoia or even suspicion here, you are all so friendly; it is delightful.

Lol! I didn't want to mention this but may have caught us at a good time ... the truth is we are usually gearing up for the annual punch up about now, but we had it early this year (around August from memory).

It's an ESMB tradition.

:giggle:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Trubs, I have come to love that nic, but ok, caution is always necessary, especially in a place like this; but there is such a thing here as pm, just a bit of chat, no pressure, no nosiness, but eg you could tell me what part of the planet you are in these days? If not ok, understood and accepted, but I am still asking.

I've made it a rule since I joined ESMB not to do PM's unless I know the person well ... it's just the way I am and it's worked well for me so far so I would prefer to leave things that way.

It's lovely to chat to you on the open board though.

:fromme:

CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

Patron with Honors
OK. like Norman Mailer I do all my growing up in public, through writing, so your terms I accept. Now, please tell me in which part of the planet you are living?

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
OK. like Norman Mailer I do all my growing up in public, through writing, so your terms I accept. Now, please tell me in which part of the planet you are living?

Please refer to my previous reply to you from your other thread (re-posted below).

:cool:

Unfortunately you may find some of us are a bit hesitant to disclose much at all about our 'real' lives here (for various reasons), so please don't be offended if you get some rather vague responses to any questions. Many of us have known each other pretty well for a decade or more (from ESMB) but still choose to remain anonymous on the board.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't know if you have heard of Janis Gillham Grady but she worked closely with Hubbard for many years in the 1970s and she has written two books about it. She probably knew your father because she knew anyone who was of any importance in scientology at that time.

She has a website with a contact address: https://www.commodoresmessenger.com/

Last edited:

JustSheila

Crusader
I hope you're joking and I hope I did no such thing ... if I did or it felt as if I did, I am truly sorry.

:oops:
I think he meant Janis. She wasn't very open to PMs when her book first came out and I experienced similar. I believe that may have changed since. She seems to be a bit more open to new conversations with people she doesn't know personally now than she was back then. How much more open, though, I can't say. She likes someone she knows to at least vouch for the person.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I think he meant Janis. She wasn't very open to PMs when her book first came out and I experienced similar. I believe that may have changed since. She seems to be a bit more open to new conversations with people she doesn't know personally now than she was back then. How much more open, though, I can't say. She likes someone she knows to at least vouch for the person.
Thanks Sheila but it could have been me (though I don't think I would've actually been rude, unless provoked) ... I have always preferred to keep things simple and open (ie on the open board) but I also choose to remain anon for reasons you will understand.

Anyway ... what's done is done.

;)

CHRISTOPHER FAIRNINGTON

Patron with Honors
Lollollollol what a delightful exchange. Whatever you were in earlier life, and i'd expect people who went through the scientology processing to be weird as a result, you're all really lovely now. As for janis, a nice e mail from her last night, seems a good woman too, more clues, no major breakthroughs but steady progress, and pretty fast, surprisingly so.

guanoloco

As-Wased
Squirrels are people who alter the tech. This would be either going out of sequence or abbreviating steps or applying the wrong processes to a case manifestation or adding in things from other practices like yoga, etc.

They also do this as PCs and mess up sessions because they can't duplicate process commands, etc.

It means, in Scientology, that these people were crazy and if you were to let them audit you they would snarl up your case and make you worse off then if you steered clear of them.

In reality, that's what Scientology is all together.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Squirrels are people who alter the tech. This would be either going out of sequence or abbreviating steps or applying the wrong processes to a case manifestation or adding in things from other practices like yoga, etc.
Yeah. I do a lot of "etc". :)

Paul