What's new

SO: (Do) they come back?

anon2487

Patron with Honors
I was just reading an account of life in the SO, and it got me wondering: have there been any people turn up, claiming to be returning from their 21 year 'leave of absence'? Is there a special routing process, etc? If there's not, how seriously do people take the whole "we come back" deal? (I know if it was me, I'd make (practical) arrangements with friends to meet up.)

[Inb4 Bananaballerina...]

Also, do the Church of Spiritual Technology symbols out in the desert have anything to do with this, or are they simply an "X marks the spot" for Hubbard's writing?

Thanks.

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
A lot of scientologists have claimed they were past life clears or past life scientologists, but I have never heard of one proving it. I have read that a significant number of younger Sea Org members seem to recall being Nazis in a past life. The cult itself will cancel the so called clear status of "natural clears", "past life clears" or even this life clears whenever some new "tech" comes down the pike to explain why the upper levels aren't working. (Or when the cult needs more money...then they re-cycle the people they have already ripped off and tell them they have to re-do everything all over at their own expense because they should have known it didn't work so they false attested.) This is the same con they play by issuing ever newer versions of books, e-meters and courses too. In fact they have often cancelled all of many peoples certs and awards and made them do the whole bridge over again just for the hell of it if they piss somebody off, especially David Miscavige.

I don't know if there is a standard procedure for determining a persons past life claims, so I can't answer your question directly, but they do keep old PCs folders of dead scientologists supposedly so they can start back on the bridge where they left off. I rather suspect they keep them so if the family flaps or threatens to sue they can use the data for blackmail or to discredit the deceased person so the family will drop the complaint.

I would assume that if a person really was a past life Sea Org member they most certainly wouldn't want to route back in!

I always thought that whole "We Come Back" phase was retarded just like so many of the other things about Scientology. If you stop and think about it for a second.

Is it supposed to mean that everyone else does not come back including Hubbard himself?

Hubbard formally claimed to have left the Sea Org when he said he was no longer involved in the running of Scientology.

If that's the case why are they still waiting for Hubbard's spaceship to land?

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
A lot of scientologists have claimed they were past life clears or past life scientologists, but I have never heard of one proving it. I have read that a significant number of younger Sea Org members seem to recall being Nazis in a past life. The cult itself will cancel the so called clear status of "natural clears", "past life clears" or even this life clears whenever some new "tech" comes down the pike to explain why the upper levels aren't working. (Or when the cult needs more money...then they re-cycle the people they have already ripped off and tell them they have to re-do everything all over at their own expense because they should have known it didn't work so they false attested.) This is the same con they play by issuing ever newer versions of books, e-meters and courses too. In fact they have often cancelled all of many peoples certs and awards and made them do the whole bridge over again just for the hell of it if they piss somebody off, especially David Miscavige.

I don't know if there is a standard procedure for determining a persons past life claims, so I can't answer your question directly, but they do keep old PCs folders of dead scientologists supposedly so they can start back on the bridge where they left off. I rather suspect they keep them so if the family flaps or threatens to sue they can use the data for blackmail or to discredit the deceased person so the family will drop the complaint.

I would assume that if a person really was a past life Sea Org member they most certainly wouldn't want to route back in!

It's been 60 years now. You'd think there would be quite a few people returning by now.
But what I noticed is they don't focus on the past life. Nor do they seem to care much about the fact you might be a past life/natural clear.
I've seeen tech staff actually laugh at the notion that someone know who they were last life. Which brings up another question. If Hubbard got rid of all the implant stations, why can't people easily remember their past life?

Ladybird

I actually believe in re-incarnation in a spiritual sense as I think a lot of people and religions do, I just don't believe in L. Ron Hubbards batshit crazy money grubbing snake-oil salesman version of it.

Hubbard himself tells you at each step of the way that it is all in your mind and you are "mocking it all up."

The EP of Clear: I mocked up my own reactive mind. (Of course you wouldn't have known you had one if the old joker hadn't made up all those funnies about engrams, past lives, AAs and basic basic, etc.)

The EP of OT7: I mocked up my own BTs. ( You wouldn't have imagined those either without his hilarious rendition of the Sci Fi Xenu story, which he told with a straight face, only laughing behind your back all the way to the bank.)

On the ever popular "Highest Holy Level" OT8, you find out you mocked it all up including your past lives.

The EP of OT8: "Now I know who I am not and am ready to find out who I am."

What do you want to bet that the whole thing starts over with a new set of "super powered" alien BTs from another "Gah-laxy" once OT 9 and 10 are released? (If they ever are.)

Keep your wallet in your pants, please, for this newest voyage of discovery into the outer limits of mans gullibility.

This truly is an epic journey L. Reel-em-in Huckster has devised for his enjoyment at your expense.

So for those of you who still don't get the joke, here are a couple of Ladybirds favorite rundowns: (at a cost considerably less than $360,000.00)

The EP of scientology is: I mocked up my own enemies.

The EP of SP is: I am now clear of scientology.

altruistichedonist

Patron with Honors
So for those of you who still don't get the joke, here are a couple of Ladybirds favorite rundowns: (at a cost considerably less than $360,000.00)

The EP of scientology is: I mocked up my own enemies.

The EP of SP is: I am now clear of scientology.

Ladybird. Where do you want my success story ? Or am I declaring a quickie grade without doing the Jokers and Degraders Rundown first?

And why is Hubbard AWOL for 2 years, 9 months, and 24 days ? Shouldn't he have been declared by now ?

Dark Phoenix

Patron Meritorious
I always thought that whole "We Come Back" phase was retarded just like so many of the other things about Scientology. If you stop and think about it for a second.

Is it supposed to mean that everyone else does not come back including Hubbard himself?

Hubbard formally claimed to have left the Sea Org when he said he was no longer involved in the running of Scientology.

If that's the case why are they still waiting for Hubbard's spaceship to land?

I just can't buy into the whole reincarnation deal.

There's no proof of a soul and no proven memories of past lives that can be distinguished from pure imagination

The law of Conservation of energy argument - "energy cannot be created or destroyed, but it can change from one form to another" - asumes we do indeed have a soul and it's considered to be an energy. Assuming the soul is a type of energy, who's to say that after death this energy is exclusively transformed into another human life. For all we know this soul energy could be transformed into a helium-3 element to be used in nuclear fusion reactions.

I just can't buy into the whole reincarnation deal.

There's no proof of a soul and no proven memories of past lives that can be distinguished from pure imagination

The law of Conservation of energy argument - "energy cannot be created or destroyed, but it can change from one form to another" - asumes we do indeed have a soul and it's considered to be an energy. Assuming the soul is a type of energy, who's to say that after death this energy is exclusively transformed into another human life. For all we know this soul energy could be transformed into a helium-3 element to be used in nuclear fusion reactions.

I really don't have an opinion either way about reincarnation, since I honestly have no idea if reincarnation exists or not, but I do know none of Hubbard's delusional Tech con game or hypnotic implants have got anyone closer to finding out about the existence of reincarnation. I'm comfortable knowing I don't know and enjoying my life for what it is, and not what some con man wants me to believe it is.

anon2487

Patron with Honors
...Hubbard himself tells you at each step of the way that it is all in your mind and you are "mocking it all up."

The EP of Clear: I mocked up my own reactive mind. (Of course you wouldn't have known you had one if the old joker hadn't made up all those funnies about engrams, past lives, AAs and basic basic, etc.)

The EP of OT7: I mocked up my own BTs. ( You wouldn't have imagined those either without his hilarious rendition of the Sci Fi Xenu story, which he told with a straight face, only laughing behind your back all the way to the bank.)

On the ever popular "Highest Holy Level" OT8, you find out you mocked it all up including your past lives...
So if OT8 states that you "mocked up" your past lives, ultimately, who or what does Scientology hold that we are? How does an OT8 perceive themselves?

So if OT8 states that you "mocked up" your past lives, ultimately, who or what does Scientology hold that we are? How does an OT8 perceive themselves?

I'm not sure how OT8s perceive themselves but everyone else perceives them as suckers

Blow-Pop-Sucker-Adult-Costume_C15CE9F0.jpg

Ladybird

Like everything in scientology this becomes very complicated. Hubbard says all kinds of often contradictory mumbo jumbo about Thetans being "awareness of awareness units", "statics", not existing in time and space, 'viewpoints", etc. ad nauseum.

Over the years the "OT" levels have morphed into "New OT"s and now all the "old" and "new" OT levels are being called "Pre-OT" levels and the "Real" OT levels won't be released until certain conditions have been met, all of them requiring lots of time and lots and lots of money from the current "Pre-Ots".

This is why my guess is that if the promised "Real OT" levels of 9 and 10 are ever released they will probably consist of a re-run of the current OT levels only with super-powered BTs from a "gah-laxy" outside this universe or something.

At each step of the bridge more and more people catch on to the scam, most drop out after their 1st book, Div 6 course, session, etc. Then a lot drop out after Clear, more after OT3 and so on until when you get all the way to OT 8 there are very few left. Now the OT 8's are leaving in droves and disgust.

The bottom line is that it was all a scam to start with and there never were and never will be any OTs.

anon2487

Patron with Honors
U
...SNIPPETY SNIP...The bottom line is that it was all a scam to start with and there never were and never will be any OTs.
Oh totally.

I'm aware that I may be putting more thought into it than Hubbard ever did - he wasn't exactly lucid by the time he cobbled together the 'upper levels' - but I'd still be interested to know.

Last edited:

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
It is all well and good to discuss in a philisophical way if reincarnation is true or not. However, I don't think it matters. I believe what really matters is what you do with the life that you have at present. Is there such a thing as Karma? I don't believe that you have to worry about that either. Just try to live the best life that you can now without (intentionally) hurting anyone.

Submitted with Love and Respect

Bob

Dark Phoenix

Patron Meritorious
It is all well and good to discuss in a philisophical way if reincarnation is true or not. However, I don't think it matters. I believe what really matters is what you do with the life that you have at present. Is there such a thing as Karma? I don't believe that you have to worry about that either. Just try to live the best life that you can now without (intentionally) hurting anyone.

Submitted with Love and Respect

Bob

Well said Bob.

He-man

Hero extraordinary
I knew a girl that claimed her past life she had been working with LRH himself as an aide.