What's new

SO: (Do) they come back?

He-man

Hero extraordinary
Some of them are here :) So, you could ask them. But, they would also probably consider the question 'invalidative'.

Zinj

I would love to have that question answered, not to make fun of the person, but to understand.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I wonder if anyone ever regrets that being said out loud.

Around 1977 or so I distinctly "recalled" in session being audited by Ron around 1936 (ahem). I even thought it important enough to write an SO1 letter about it. I got back some form kind of response that thoroughly put me off ever writing to Hubbard again, but still cherished the idea that I had been important enough to have been with Hubbard at such an early time.

Later I caught a whiff of reality and snapped back into "What was I thinking?!!" mode. But it had seemed real at the time. I suppose it's a case of being so short of self-esteem at the time that I needed to invent something like that (along with maybe being overrun on some flat chain), and past lives are real easy to do that sort of thing in because the evidence required is usually none at all beyond the absence of impossibility for one reason or another.

I don't think I ever told anyone else in real life about it, though. Probably the auditor at the time, not sure. Now, it doesn't count, and who cares?

Paul

Around 1977 or so I distinctly "recalled" in session being audited by Ron around 1936 (ahem). I even thought it important enough to write an SO1 letter about it. I got back some form kind of response that thoroughly put me off ever writing to Hubbard again, but still cherished the idea that I had been important enough to have been with Hubbard at such an early time.

Later I caught a whiff of reality and snapped back into "What was I thinking?!!" mode. But it had seemed real at the time. I suppose it's a case of being so short of self-esteem at the time that I needed to invent something like that (along with maybe being overrun on some flat chain), and past lives are real easy to do that sort of thing in because the evidence required is usually none at all beyond the absence of impossibility for one reason or another.

I don't think I ever told anyone else in real life about it, though. Probably the auditor at the time, not sure. Now, it doesn't count, and who cares?

Paul

I wonder what Hubbard thought when he received correspondence of this nature? I wonder if he had an remorse after reading reports of his con game messing people's heads up with false memories like this, or if he just patted himself on the back and considered it proof that his mind control con game worked.

celtg

Patron
I wonder what Hubbard thought when he received correspondence of this nature? I wonder if he had an remorse after reading reports of his con game messing people's heads up with false memories like this, or if he just patted himself on the back and considered it proof that his mind control con game worked.

I'm sure it was the latter.:whistling:

I'd love to see all the SO 1 line letters with these topics:
Memories of meeting Ron/assisting Ron in a past life.
Memories of being audited by Ron in a past life.
Meeting Ron while "exterior with full perception".
Two way telepathic communication with Ron.
Being with Ron "as a Thetan" since Ron "dropped his body."

Can you imagine all those letters? Yes, Ron would have gotten piles of evidence that his brainwashing was working, all over the planet. And how silly all those letters would look if we could read them for ourselves.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
A first-hand account of how the SO #1 line actually ran would make VERY interesting reading.
Maybe Mick knows someone over at XSO that actually worked on that line?

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron

Paul

I had similar experiences; thought I was there with Ron at the beginning, and that it made me very important. It steeled my resolve to be a good Scientologist and took me to a whole new level of commitment. "I must be really something great if Ron picked me from the start", blah blah blah. I didn't want to let him down.

I wonder if those type of "memories" were encouraged for that reason. At the mission where I started pretty much everyone was a "past lifer who worked personally with Ron." It seemed very suspect to me at the time, but the explanation was that someone there was "pulling them in". Which of course made my ego on it worse, because I was important enough to be "pulled in" for the cause.

So, I experienced a lot of people who claimed to have "come back" (7 at least) though never SO specifically.

-TL

He-man

Hero extraordinary
@Dull old fart and Tiger Lily: I find it so fascinating! How did people around you react? What where the responses?

When I was back in I heard many stories of people coming back, second hand stories. I was made to believe that those so very important people were mostly working somewhere at the top mostly. You know, over the rainbow...

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
It is all well and good to discuss in a philisophical way if reincarnation is true or not. However, I don't think it matters. I believe what really matters is what you do with the life that you have at present. Is there such a thing as Karma? I don't believe that you have to worry about that either. Just try to live the best life that you can now without (intentionally) hurting anyone.

Submitted with Love and Respect

Bob

Now that's the most sensible statement I've read on this forum!

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
@Dull old fart and Tiger Lily: I find it so fascinating! How did people around you react? What where the responses?

When I was back in I heard many stories of people coming back, second hand stories. I was made to believe that those so very important people were mostly working somewhere at the top mostly. You know, over the rainbow...

Hi He-man -- in my case everyone there was already in the "plc" (past-life-club) and I was kind of cynical about it. So when it came up in session for me -- with a floating TA and everything -- I fought it. I didn't tell anyone for a while because I thought it was silly even then (though I believed it (after all it was a floating TA, it had to be real :eyeroll: ), I just thought other people wouldn't). When I did mention it to someone they were totally cool with it (usually said something like "I already knew that but didn't want to invalidate/evaluate you, it had to be your win") because they were "there" too, and fully believed that our little mission was pulling in the team from the early '50's. It was quite a bonding thing really; it really made us all feel like we belonged there with each other -- gave us a sense of divine purpose. That was very intoxicating.

But no these were not "high up" people -- just public checking out a mission (many did join staff though, and some progressed from there a ways). I don't think many, if any, of those people are still in. One of them posts here now and is definitely not in.

fwiw the "memories" that I uncovered in session didn't make sense at the time but totally do now, in light of what I've learned about the real LRH. . .I think that's interesting, but I don't care any more if they were real or not. I'm totally with GreyWolf: It simply doesn't matter. I'm in this life now.

-TL

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
I once asked about this. I was speaking with an S.O. member who had been at Flag and was posted at LA Day at the time (she had kids and was sent there). I was told about a location at Flag where the Clear and OT bracelets were kept to be claimed when they ‘came back’. She told me that these people who come back for their bracelets have to know the number they were as well be able to answer some personal questions – which were of course set up prior to their deaths.

I was never in the S.O. and only visited Flag once – to visit my Mom who was there receiving services. So this is ALL second hand and stories of which I could never confirm.

She also told me a story about a little boy in an elevator who was 2 or 4 who spoke fluent German. The claim was that he was American, born here, English speaking American parents this kid was born to, but he spoke fluent German as a child. This child was supposedly a “past-lifer”.

My own sister spoke with a heavy French accent when she was very little. I remember having to ‘translate’ for her. Of course most of the time is said “Oh! She wants cookies!” – which would be followed up with a swift slap upside the head from my sister, because that was what *I* wanted.

I believed it. I remember my sister being hard to understand. My own son’s spoke like they were from Brooklyn until mid third grade. Everyone who met them asked all the time about them being from New York – they had never visited and none of my family are from there. So there really is no excuse for them to drop off their “R’s” but they did – consistently. Knowing better and raising my son’s both through this stage I just realized it was what it was and didn’t need some fantastic story about how they were from Brooklyn in their last life.

Any of you remember being a kid, scared in your bed after some horror film. Remember how you could make out that witch or that monster but when you turn on the lights it’s a coat or a bag on a chair?

Scientology is just like that. You either see the truth, or you alter what you see to fit your beliefs.

It really is that simple. Of course the e-meter, lingo, and all the other bait and switch efforts have been carefully gleaned to assist you in seeing the monster in the corner. Or you could just turn on the light and see it is all a lie anyways.

I always like to work myself up into a great big anxiety filled fear, trembling hand reaching for the light switch. Always shocked when I turned on the light to find out it was an entirely different universe with the lights on.

Kinda like scientology.

altruistichedonist

Patron with Honors
Only two of the 80 or so Scientologists I've met claimed that they were past life Scio's. One attested to past life OT3 and the other told me he was a past life OT5.

Personally I thought they were full of shit. Their behaviors didn't fit the "mold".

And the "mold" around them was beginning to stink.:roflmao:

I was just reading an account of life in the SO, and it got me wondering: have there been any people turn up, claiming to be returning from their 21 year 'leave of absence'?

Can't speak to the SO. I know a few freezone auditors who have had occasion to work with individuals for whom they concluded this was so.

Mark A. Baker

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Only two of the 80 or so Scientologists I've met claimed that they were past life Scio's. One attested to past life OT3 and the other told me he was a past life OT5.

Personally I thought they were full of shit. Their behaviors didn't fit the "mold".

And the "mold" around them was beginning to stink.:roflmao:

My assertion has always been that I have NEVER been audited by Ron in a past life, and I NEVER knew him before.

I love being an outsider. :thumbsup: