What's new

So how do I get OT powers?

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
How to get OT powers?

This is an honest attempt to answer it.

1) Regain cause over mental mest (Clear). This is an obvious prerequisite to gaining cause over "physical" MEST.
2) Get rid of the composite case that was put there to stop a thetan operating effectively.
3) Do OT drills.

As I see it, to skip 1 and 2 and go straight to 3 may be a waste of time. But many people try and succeed to some degree...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWeK8tcB6AI

Seems to me that, once one has achieved 1), he can already be 'OT', since being 'cause' over 'mental mest' inplies the ability to believe literally anything, including that one has 'OT Powerz'.

#2) just sounds like the core of Scientology's paranoid system, with 'implanters' who are deliberately 'implanting' restrictions on our native abilities. I sure wish Scientology would expose these 'enemies' more publicly, honestly and without weaseling around 'acceptable truth' and 'gradient' revelations.

That would solve the 'problem of Scientology' in no time.

Zinj

Case

Patron with Honors
Seems to me that, once one has achieved 1), he can already be 'OT', since being 'cause' over 'mental mest' inplies the ability to believe literally anything, including that one has 'OT Powerz'.

Well, one must believe one can do something before one can do it. It's called being at cause. For example, one must believe one can become rich before one can become rich. That's the first step. Obviously, there are many other steps after that! Or are there?

Or look at it like this, if one can't control the thoughts in one's mind, or if one doesn't realize one is the cause of one's thoughts, then one is unlikely to be able to cause MEST to move using the power of one's mind. See? It's a matter of gradient. Physical mest is just a type of solid (heavy) mental mest. So once one learns to "lift/pick up/control/" mental mest (which is reasonably light) then one can start to work on the heavier type of mental MEST, physical mest.

#2) just sounds like the core of Scientology's paranoid system, with 'implanters' who are deliberately 'implanting' restrictions on our native abilities. I sure wish Scientology would expose these 'enemies' more publicly, honestly and without weaseling around 'acceptable truth' and 'gradient' revelations.

That would solve the 'problem of Scientology' in no time.

Zinj

I think Scientology is about overcoming the obstacles that stop one from being cause over MEST (physical and mental). Because, it's all an illusion, this reality, it's just a bit mixed up, which is why it's hard to undo or escape. More on this here:

http://spiritual-freezone.blogspot.com/2007/12/hubbard-in-nutshell.html

Ralph Hilton

Patron Meritorious
How to get OT powers?

1) Regain cause over mental mest (Clear). This is an obvious prerequisite to gaining cause over "physical" MEST.
2) Get rid of the composite case that was put there to stop a thetan operating effectively.
3) Do OT drills.

As I see it, to skip 1 and 2 and go straight to 3 may be a waste of time. But many people try and succeed to some degree...

I tried it and it didn't work for me so I'm back on step 2. I alternate 2 and 3 and seem to make some progress.

Veda

Sponsor
I tried it and it didn't work for me so I'm back on step 2. I alternate 2 and 3 and seem to make some progress.

A collection of processes from a post on the information-packed 'Sole Source Myth' thread:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=4696&postcount=6

It may be advisable to review and undo any prior cult conditioning before attempting the above processes. Thus a review of the Scientology enlightenment-coated-mind-trap may be a good idea:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=44387&postcount=1

beyond_horizons

Patron Meritorious

Case

Patron with Honors
From "The Pied Pipers of Heaven" by L. Kin

"Nevertheless, even without any particular spiritual cleansing one can learn to master certain tricks making one appear spiritually advanced. Some examples in Yogananda's "Autobiography" show how a secret mantra, given to an unworthy individual, can not only evoke considerable magic powers in that individual but as well make him wreak equally serious damage to his environment!"

I would suggest that one tries to at least to some degree improve oneself spiritually before trying to do spiritual tricks. One may also have a postulate in place that prevents one from exercising any spiritual tricks (due to past O/W's), so this makes spiritual cleansing mandatory if that is the case for the individual.

If one really wants to give gaining of OT abilities a shot without doing the spiritual cleansing done on the bridge, then one can use The Pilots OT drills and advanced processes and see what happens. They can be found in Super Scio.

But don't be too disappointed if one finds no result occurs, as having no spiritual "horsepower" makes these things tricky.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
How to get OT powers?

3) Do OT drills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWeK8tcB6AI

Better yet, get someone to run you on CCH 1-4 until FLAT.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Better yet, get someone to run you on CCH 1-4 until FLAT.

Better still, get someone to co-process with on CCH 1-4 and all other objectives until every moment in session and in life if you so choose becomes a passionate joyous occasion! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Then take what you learn, your regained abilities and effectiveness and apply it to your immediate life - this will tend to demonstrate your purity of purpose and levels of competance in making yours and others lives better. :thumbsup:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I guess I don't believe in OT Powers. I got to OT V in the SO. Whatever is all I can say. I don't think I got powers. If the materials are true, I suppose the only OT power it would result in is an ability to talk to thetans and pick up peoples pictures and thoughts.

I think training is a better route anyways.

Sorry, I suck for an opinion about OT powers. :confused2: Peace.

Veda

Sponsor
I guess I don't believe in OT Powers. I got to OT V in the SO. Whatever is all I can say. I don't think I got powers. If the materials are true, I suppose the only OT power it would result in is an ability to talk to thetans and pick up peoples pictures and thoughts.

In an earlier post on this thread, the Scientology Bridge is described as "spiritual cleansing." In your opinion, do OT 2, OT 3, and the NOTs levels result in spiritual cleansing?

And why do some people think that a type of "washing" is taking place, but little actual "cleansing"?

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
In an earlier post on this thread, the Scientology Bridge is described as "spiritual cleansing." In your opinion, do OT 2, OT 3, and the NOTs levels result in spiritual cleansing?

And why do some people think that a type of "washing" is taking place, but little actual "cleansing"?

I did OT V on the RPF and I did not feel much cleansing, or washing, or relief, for that matter. I don't know how to answer that.

OT III helped my migraines. I guess. But I also changed my diet at the same time. So I dont know which to attribute it to. I used to have very very bad migraines that would last for days and days. Horrible. They did end on OT III. can't say why or how for sure.

Cleansing? No.

Washing? Hmm....

But I AM declared SP and I am supposed to rant and rave about the OT Levels. Anyone doing them or getting better is supposed to send me into a psychotic fit.

I would be happy for people who do better from any form of self improvement. As long as they dont assign wrong cause. :yes:

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
I did OT V on the RPF and I did not feel much cleansing, or washing, or relief, for that matter. I don't know how to answer that.

OT III helped my migraines. I guess. But I also changed my diet at the same time. So I dont know which to attribute it to. I used to have very very bad migraines that would last for days and days. Horrible. They did end on OT III. can't say why or how for sure.

Cleansing? No.

Washing? Hmm....

But I AM declared SP and I am supposed to rant and rave about the OT Levels. Anyone doing them or getting better is supposed to send me into a psychotic fit.

I would be happy for people who do better from any form of self improvement. As long as they dont assign wrong cause. :yes:

When you get Declared, your certs get cancelled and thereby any OT abilities you have gained get cancelled as well. Hard luck!

Case

Patron with Honors

Training makes one very effective in life. Has for me. I think the OT levels as they exist in the church aren't supposed to make OT's. Not with the many degrades of the tech, and not with the suppressive state that the church exists in. For example, I've heard that OT 2 is only being run for 20 minutes sometimes, when it's a level that should be run for 10's of hours. Sounds like quickies, and then the resultant lack of stability and real gains.

Better off getting an honest auditor outside the church, of which there are many.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Training makes one very effective in life. Has for me. I think the OT levels as they exist in the church aren't supposed to make OT's. Not with the many degrades of the tech, and not with the suppressive state that the church exists in. For example, I've heard that OT 2 is only being run for 20 minutes sometimes, when it's a level that should be run for 10's of hours. Sounds like quickies, and then the resultant lack of stability and real gains.

Better off getting an honest auditor outside the church, of which there are many.

Thank you! (But auditing is not my thing).

Peace. :)

nw2394

Silver Meritorious Patron
But I AM declared SP and I am supposed to rant and rave about the OT Levels....

Well, if you grant the Co$ that much power... I doubt that you really do. If you do, let go of that shit.

For what it is worth, I no longer get that sort of headache either, post III (and I didn't change my diet)

Nick

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Well, if you grant the Co$ that much power... I doubt that you really do. If you do, let go of that shit.

For what it is worth, I no longer get that sort of headache either, post III (and I didn't change my diet)

Nick

I dont rant and rave either way. But somewhere LRH states that SPs rail about the OT Levels. Like we hate them or something. Or cant stand the idea of people getting better. Or moving up the Bridge.

I cant stand the idea of people being fooled (in this way). Thats all. :wink2:

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
I dont rant and rave either way. But somewhere LRH states that SPs rail about the OT Levels. Like we hate them or something. Or cant stand the idea of people getting better. Or moving up the Bridge.

I cant stand the idea of people being fooled (in this way). Thats all. :wink2:

I want OT powers but I don't want to be an "ethical" scieno sissy to go with it. I want to KILL using my OT powers. I want to be super-powerful and super-mean at the same time. I want to be a bad-arse thetan and stamp my mark on the whole-track in such a way that it makes other thetans quiver enough for their gold-disk eyes to drop off and roll down the thetan gutter.

All I need is for an auditor out there to help me achieve my goals. Give me those powers and I will help you rule the planet with me.