SO member Hannah Mets seeking "additional employment" for Scientology Harlem Staff

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Sea Org member Hannah Mets seeking "additional employment" for Scientology Harlem Staff.

From Mike Rinder. Please see Mike's post for his very thorough analysis concerning 1982 LRH ED 339R, Ideal Orgs, and Scientology Founder L. Ron Hubbard's disdain for moonlighting.

The Truth About Scientology Staff

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-truth-about-scientology-staff/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Screenshot-741.png

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

HANNAH.jpg

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: SO member Hannah Mets seeking "additional employment" for Scientology Harlem Staf

When they say 'out of state", I wonder if they also mean "out of country". Is moonlighting legal for Religious Worker Visas?

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Re: SO member Hannah Mets seeking "additional employment" for Scientology Harlem Staf

LOL @

"Education: Church of Scientology"

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

When they say 'out of state", I wonder if they also mean "out of country". Is moonlighting legal for Religious Worker Visas?

NO.

R-1 Visa Holders rules

The U.S. employer must file an attestation by an authorized official of the religious organization to confirm: (1) the employer is a bona fide non-profit religious organization of affiliate of one and is tax exempt; (2) the beneficiary has been a member of the denomination for at least 2 years and is otherwise qualified for the position; (3) the number of members of the religious organization; (4) the number of employees who work at the same location and a summary of their responsibilities; (5) the number of R-1 or Special Immigrant visa holders employed within the last 5 years; (6) the number of non-immigrant visa and immigrant visa applications filed in the last 5 years; (7) the title and detailed description of the R-1 position offered; (8) the salaried or non-salaried compensation associated with the position; (9) employment in R-1 status will be at least 20 hours per week; (10) the location of the employment; and (11) the foreign worker will not be engaged in secular employment.

It's not just "no they can't moonlight with a secular employer", but "no they can't do secular work even for the religious organization". From the above link:

Religious Worker positions require that the foreign national be coming to the United States to perform a religious vocation or religious occupation in either a professional or non-professional capacity.
Work as a Religious Worker in a Religious Occupation: the duties must (1) primarily relate to a traditional religious function and be recognized as a religious occupation with the denomination; (2) clearly involve inculcating or carrying out the religious creed and beliefs of the denomination; (3) not include positions that are primarily of an administrative or support nature, including janitors, maintenance workers, clerical employees, fundraisers, solicitors for donations, but may include incidental administrative duties to religious functions; and (4) not be solely for religious study or training for religious work, although a religious worker is not barred from such training or study. Examples of individuals in religious occupations include, but are not limited to, liturgical workers, religious instructors, religious counselors, cantors, catechists, workers in religious hospitals or religious health care facilities, missionaries, religious translators, or religious broadcasters.

If anybody finds out their foreign workers, here on an R-1 visa, are doing ANY secular work in violation of the visa rules, and is able to document proof of such to Immigration, then the org is in trouble.

Leland

Crusader

Interesting Law.

Seems any cult application for this type of visa....would have some interesting cult information....

Could copies be obtained by a FOIA?

I heard some are maids at the Ft. Harrison Hotel.....

JustSheila

Crusader

COS did not bother with the religious worker visas when they were recruiting from Taiwan to the Sea Org in Australia. The recruitment line to these very green college students was that they were going to get all this wonderful education free and the usual hype about how exclusive and wonderful it is.

They had electronic visas as tourists and would either renew them by being shifted around to other countries or by a visit home.

I saw 'Alice' Wu's passport with my own eyes. She also described step-by-step how she was recruited. She and I spent many hours together over 3-4 weeks when she first ran away from an Isolation facility at Dundas, NSW. For those who aren't familiar or don't remember: http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2013/s3698162.htm

The Taiwan immigration officer I met in Sydney at the time confirmed the electronic visas. It is more difficult to see when a large number are coming to a country to work at a 'church' that way. The religious worker visa regulations are strict and the people are tracked. Not so with electronic visas for tourists. It was, of course, a huge misuse of this visa.

The religious worker visa requirements and electronic visa requirements are very similar between Australia and the US, too, though the US may have tightened up on electronic visas with new legislature this past year.

Hypatia

Pagan

Sea Org member Hannah Mets seeking "additional employment" for Scientology Harlem Staff.

From Mike Rinder. Please see Mike's post for his very thorough analysis concerning 1982 LRH ED 339R, Ideal Orgs, and Scientology Founder L. Ron Hubbard's disdain for moonlighting.

The Truth About Scientology Staff

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-truth-about-scientology-staff/

Screenshot-741.png

HANNAH.jpg

Hmmm... Looks healthier than most Sea Borg.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Hmmm... Looks healthier than most Sea Borg.

Hannah: leave while you still can. Leave while you still have your youth. Leave while you still have your health.

Leave while you still can return to the real world, get your GED, get an associate's degree at a community college which qualifies you for a decent-paying job, get a husband and have some kids, and create a future for yourself.

Leave, while you can.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

COS did not bother with the religious worker visas when they were recruiting from Taiwan to the Sea Org in Australia. The recruitment line to these very green college students was that they were going to get all this wonderful education free and the usual hype about how exclusive and wonderful it is.

They had electronic visas as tourists and would either renew them by being shifted around to other countries or by a visit home.

I saw 'Alice' Wu's passport with my own eyes. She also described step-by-step how she was recruited. She and I spent many hours together over 3-4 weeks when she first ran away from an Isolation facility at Dundas, NSW. For those who aren't familiar or don't remember: http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2013/s3698162.htm

The Taiwan immigration officer I met in Sydney at the time confirmed the electronic visas. It is more difficult to see when a large number are coming to a country to work at a 'church' that way. The religious worker visa regulations are strict and the people are tracked. Not so with electronic visas for tourists. It was, of course, a huge misuse of this visa.

The religious worker visa requirements and electronic visa requirements are very similar between Australia and the US, too, though the US may have tightened up on electronic visas with new legislature this past year.

I read somewhere that non-Sea Org qualified aliens are placed in non-SO orgs and used as replacements for SO qualified recruits to trade up.

If I were trying to influence politicians and the State Department to provide cover under the guise of Religious Freedom then I would want to create a high profile example of community service in a distressed area that church, lobbyists and pols could point to in their defense. Might help with jury decisions also.

http://www.state.gov/j/drl/irf/

prosecco

Patron Meritorious

I read somewhere that non-Sea Org qualified aliens are placed in non-SO orgs and used as replacements for SO qualified recruits to trade up.

If I were trying to influence politicians and the State Department to provide cover under the guise of Religious Freedom then I would want to create a high profile example of community service in a distressed area that church, lobbyists and pols could point to in their defense. Might help with jury decisions also.

http://www.state.gov/j/drl/irf/

Yeah, the terminology used by recruiters is, 'coin.' So, you have person X who hasn't taken LSD, is trained to Grand Pooh Bah level, and then you have person Y, who isn't deemed as desirable, so one uses Person Y as a, 'coin.'

People as commodities. Human Trafficking much?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Yeah, the terminology used by recruiters is, 'coin.' So, you have person X who hasn't taken LSD, is trained to Grand Pooh Bah level, and then you have person Y, who isn't deemed as desirable, so one uses Person Y as a, 'coin.'

People as commodities. Human Trafficking much?

I've seen it too. Get recruited by high-status group A, then find out you were only recruited so you could be traded to grunt-work group B, as a "coin" for somebody else that B has who A wants.

"Hey! I'll trade you four high-school dropout raw meats for your Class V auditor!"

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

I used to know Hanna's father, Jim Mets, when I was public and FSM for NY org. This is before and then while he was married, when Hanna was a little thing. I was so surprised at how involved the whole family became in the 1990's after I left, especially after the big renovations project there. The protests in 2009-2010 provided an opportunity for me to see who was still there and who wasn't. It was sad to see kids of some of the long time die hard staff members working there like their parents. Sarah Indursky and Hanna among them.

Jim Mets was one of the nicest and most grounded in the real world staff member I'd ever met in Scientology. Stat push was not something he would have even considered. He was an exec but he was also tech trained and always made a point to keep things real. Even while I was still around the org, I used to shake my head wondering why he was still there, knowing he was so smart and nice and capable compared to the vultures he had to work with. But he stayed, even while others left. After all the years of Jim and wife Gloria being involved it was no surprise anymore to see Hanna on staff and then joining the Sea Org.

If Hanna is anything like Jim, she's a caring person and most likely wrote this request not just because she didn't want to lose the staff but because she cares enough about them and probably wants to make up for the lies they were most likely told when they were convinced to join staff in the first place.

For me, all I can do is pray and have faith that someday these people will leave, and in the meantime that they do less harm compared to others in Scientology.

The_Fixer

Class Clown

It is so sad to see such a pretty young lady like that losing her mind and her soul to a cult. She seems to have a lovely air to her face which won't be there for much longer if she hangs around those vultures.

I feel so blessed that it isn't my daughter or one of my friend's family members, but gee whiz, it is someone's child too.

Sometimes with all our banter and picking, I sometimes forget about the human beings in there.

I really hope she gets out soon but I somehow doubt it, especially after reading what Mary just said.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

I've seen it too. Get recruited by high-status group A, then find out you were only recruited so you could be traded to grunt-work group B, as a "coin" for somebody else that B has who A wants.

"Hey! I'll trade you four high-school dropout raw meats for your Class V auditor!"

And consequently the lower service orgs that have the most contact with new public become dumping grounds and a concentration of less experienced or marginal, quirky types. This used to upset me but now I pretty much accept it as part of the inevitable built in formula for decline.

No One

a girl is no one

And consequently the lower service orgs that have the most contact with new public become dumping grounds and a concentration of less experienced or marginal, quirky types. This used to upset me but now I pretty much accept it as part of the inevitable built in formula for decline.

YES, I believe I remember the term that was used was 'coin', like Enth stated. I was used as one after tons of promises that of course, I would get to do the type of work I loved... but when it came down to it, being advised, too bad, so sad... it was 'duty' it's supposed to be your true motivation, (which is the highest motivation there is) (ZOMgggg yes way too much Chinese school)

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

I used to know Hanna's father, Jim Mets, when I was public and FSM for NY org. This is before and then while he was married, when Hanna was a little thing. I was so surprised at how involved the whole family became in the 1990's after I left, especially after the big renovations project there. The protests in 2009-2010 provided an opportunity for me to see who was still there and who wasn't. It was sad to see kids of some of the long time die hard staff members working there like their parents. Sarah Indursky and Hanna among them.

Jim Mets was one of the nicest and most grounded in the real world staff member I'd ever met in Scientology. Stat push was not something he would have even considered. He was an exec but he was also tech trained and always made a point to keep things real. Even while I was still around the org, I used to shake my head wondering why he was still there, knowing he was so smart and nice and capable compared to the vultures he had to work with. But he stayed, even while others left. After all the years of Jim and wife Gloria being involved it was no surprise anymore to see Hanna on staff and then joining the Sea Org.

If Hanna is anything like Jim, she's a caring person and most likely wrote this request not just because she didn't want to lose the staff but because she cares enough about them and probably wants to make up for the lies they were most likely told when they were convinced to join staff in the first place.

For me, all I can do is pray and have faith that someday these people will leave, and in the meantime that they do less harm compared to others in Scientology.

I had a difficult time accepting that a pretty young woman who looked like she just got out of college would still fall for this so knowing that she is 2nd generation helps explain it. Being a Recruiter is an extremely stressful post. Short of being on a Flag Mission they don't have a lot of authority org board wise but as staffing problems become more grave the pressure and micromanaging to close gets intense. Trying to talk someone into sacrificing life as they know it for Scientology was hard enough when people didn't know what it was really like. Now it must be a nightmare. I found Recruiting to be the most soul crushing post ever. At least when you are having to be the heavy with other SO members it is assumed they have bought into the spiel and have reconciled their expectations to the new reality but to walk someone into this without a full disclosure is either cruel or you must displace your own moral values with Scientology's to the extent that no internal conflict can exist.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

YES, I believe I remember the term that was used was 'coin', like Enth stated. I was used as one after tons of promises that of course, I would get to do the type of work I loved... but when it came down to it, being advised, too bad, so sad... it was 'duty' it's supposed to be your true motivation, (which is the highest motivation there is) (ZOMgggg yes way too much Chinese school)

I would laugh if the truth weren't so sickening. A Recruiter will promise you the post of your dreams, your life purpose fulfilled, but once you are in you can be traded before you're even off the EPF. Even if you make it to your ideal life purpose posting, if they consider that you are not properly utilized in it because you are over-qualified or there are too many people in that section then you will be transferred, (read: Peter Principled), but if you are pegged at a rung you may spend your natural life there. We had a saying in the trenches, "The only Stable Datum is that there is no Stable Datum".

Maybe that should be in the Red Flags Thread.

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

I had a difficult time accepting that a pretty young woman who looked like she just got out of college would still fall for this so knowing that she is 2nd generation helps explain it. Being a Recruiter is an extremely stressful post. Short of being on a Flag Mission they don't have a lot of authority org board wise but as staffing problems become more grave the pressure and micromanaging to close gets intense. Trying to talk someone into sacrificing life as they know it for Scientology was hard enough when people didn't know what it was really like. Now it must be a nightmare. I found Recruiting to be the most soul crushing post ever. At least when you are having to be the heavy with other SO members it is assumed they have bought into the spiel and have reconciled their expectations to the new reality but to walk someone into this without a full disclosure is either cruel or you must displace your own moral values with Scientology's to the extent that no internal conflict can exist.

There are some posts in Scn that need a good person to hold, somebody who really wants to help.

And then there are posts that seem to require a sociopath, the ones where you have to control and manipulate people. A good person either gets out of that post, or burns out and leaves.