ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

So, who runs things nowadays?

Discussion in 'Scientology Front Groups and Alliances' started by Karakorum, May 20, 2019.

1. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

I'm not talking about people who would want to take charge and fix it, I'm talking about people wanting the Hubbard position just the way it is.

"Fixing it" is, first of all, not attractive to any sane person. The flaws (let's be generous) are solidly built into Scientology. Anyone attempting to "fix" things would not be in for an easy time and the rewards would not be worth it. Scientologists are trained to believe Hubbard's "tech" was the perfect way to do anything and "squirreling" is horrible. Anyone attempting to fix Hubbard's godawful "tech" would face active rebellion.

Now, I'm not claiming any sanity, but even I have no desire to control hundreds of slaves who hang on my every word and need my instructions to do anything and everything.

In addition, the products and results of Scientology are damaged and damaging. Would you want to be responsible for that? A sociopath wouldn't have a problem with it. and would, in fact, happily work to make it worse.

The Hubbard position is highly protected and free from any consequences -- a sociopath's dream.

Operating DB and Xenu Xenu Xenu like this.
  2. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

More like you have to be psychopathicly ruthless in order to claw your way to power.

3. Karakorum

Karakorum supressively reasonable

Well, I was born into scn, I never knew anything else. Thus fixing it was something I naturally attempted to do once I was capable enough to see the problems with it. That's how my personality type works: I see problems, I then try to solve them.

At the same time, I was always skeptical of the great wonders of the tech. By the time I was a teenager, I had already ceased to believe that we can save the universe or even just clear the planet. It took me over a decade more to lose faith in the organisation and the structure.
    I know right? Guess how many times as a kid I was in trouble for J&D before I learned to keep my big mouth shut?

I wanted to fix the administration, the day-to-day procedures and the church apparatus. I wasn't really concerned with fixing the tech.

It probably wouldn't be about what I would want.

If back in the day through some absurd fluke of fate I got DM's job, I'd just start doing it, while trying to adapt the church to the changing times. If I managed to run it in a more efficient way that would increase the number of members and get the church to grow rather than contract, I'd be perfectly satisfied.

Most people didn't really like the upstat/downstat mechanics, but I was a special snowflake ;) I'd be perfectly fine as long as the church as a whole would be kept upstat.

Its only after years of being outside did I fully notice the underlying core insanity. Back in the day, I made my decision to leave simply because I decided that the structure is too absurd, too stupid and too change-resistant for me to stay.

Operating DB, Type4_PTS and Enthetan like this.
  4. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Here's the problem with "fixing" anything within the cult or their "technology".

It's already been fixed to death.

Hubbard FIXED the tech daily from 1950-1986 (36 years).

Miscavige FIXED the tech daily from 1986-2019 (33 years).

Therefore after 69 years of Scientology debugs, what we now have is a gargantuan standard monstrosity.

Scientology 2019 IS the fixed version of Scientology!

if anyone ever had the idea that they would use non-Scientology tech to fix Scientology tech, that WOULD NOT BE Scientology---for one very simple reason:

THE FIRST THING NON-SCIENTOLOGY TECH WOULD DO TO FIX SCIENTOLOGY IS TO:
    a) STOP CHARGING PEOPLE FORTUNES FOR TECH THAT DOESN'T WORK
    b) GET RID OF ALL THE TECH THAT DOESN'T WORK

All that would be accomplished by noon of the first day!

By dinner time on the first day, there would be no Grade Chart, No Auditing, No Training, No Clear and no OT levels.

But there would be a huge international awards event where Scientology could award itself jumbo medallions for having logged the first day in the history of Scientology where fraud, overts and crimes were not committed with reckless abandon.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  5. Xenu Xenu Xenu

Xenu Xenu Xenu Patron Meritorious

[​IMG]

tesseract, Karakorum and Voodoo like this.
  6. HelluvaHoax!

LOL

who did that hilarious cartoon?

7. Xenu Xenu Xenu

Xenu Xenu Xenu Patron Meritorious

Me.

Teanntás likes this.
  8. HelluvaHoax!

no wayyyyyyy, that is great stuffffffff!

it was so tuned in, i could not imagine who could have done it other than an ex-scientologist with bad-ass creative chops and a brilliant sense of dialogue and irony.

u iz def'natly a pro wif sum majur mojo, datz fo' sho'!

love your cartoons. keep 'em comin'.

Type4_PTS, JustSheila and Enthetan like this.
  9. Karakorum

Karakorum supressively reasonable

That's a great one. :D

10. tesseract

tesseract Patron with Horrors

Or a whole swarm of our favorite shark lawyers. :cool:

shark swarm.jpg