What's new

Solo Audit at home in much, but not all, of Church of Scientology West US

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Solo Audit at home in much, but not all, of Church of Scientology West US.

As Mike Rinder asks, why does this apply only in these states? Why does the Church of Scientology of Portland not qualify?

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-104/

Screenshot-43.png

Solo Audit at home in much, but not all, of Church of Scientology West US.

As Mike Rinder asks, why does this apply only in these states? Why does the Church of Scientology of Portland not qualify?

Screenshot-43.png

This is not new - they just did it because they need to get out of towners on the levels - they were trying to keep them in LA to do the OT levels, but with so few reaching to do the levels - they had to laxen it up ( like that word?)

In the 60's you went to Saint Hill got your R6 EW mats - flew home did that, mailed in your work sheets, then went back to do it again on CC, OT1 ( which was longer then - essentially a redo of CC to bleed off any missing charge - then again for OT 2 I did mine at AOLA in the 70's - but it was easier to stay in LA then go back to NY.

Mimsey

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron
- snip -

In the 60's you went to Saint Hill got your R6 EW mats - flew home did that, mailed in your work sheets, then went back to do it again on CC, OT1 ( which was longer then - essentially a redo of CC to bleed off any missing charge - then again for OT 2

- snip -
Mimsey

Really? You could do that? I'd never heard of that before. I thought you had to stay there. (My conception of this comes from talking to old timers who stayed at St. Hill and from Robert Kaufman's book, not personal experience.)

Really? You could do that? I'd never heard of that before. I thought you had to stay there. (My conception of this comes from talking to old timers who stayed at St. Hill and from Robert Kaufman's book, not personal experience.)
I heard that you could home audit the cc, but more than that, if recall serves, it's in the cc materials that is is a long level and can be done at home. I had moved to LA to do the OT levels so it never came up to me personally.

Mimsey

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I guess it's adjudicated on whatever generates the most cash for the cult.

Have the person live locally while on the level and report in every day or so to see the Examiner etc, and they're a captive public for regging. But it's very expensive to be away from home and work for a long period, so less people will pay for the service if it has to be done like this.

Paul

phenomanon

Canyon
I guess it's adjudicated on whatever generates the most cash for the cult.

Have the person live locally while on the level and report in every day or so to see the Examiner etc, and they're a captive public for regging. But it's very expensive to be away from home and work for a long period, so less people will pay for the service if it has to be done like this.

Paul

You live in Tucson, Az, and you Solo audit at home, but you have to fly to Flag every 5 days? WTF can afford it? And if one can afford it, why not just stay in Florida!

CommunicatorIC

You live in Tucson, Az, and you Solo audit at home, but you have to fly to Flag every 5 days? WTF can afford it? And if one can afford it, why not just stay in Florida!
This is not about flying back to Flag in Florida. Per the promo in the OP, this is about flying back "to AOLA [in Los Angeles] to receive direction on their next action."

pineapple

Silver Meritorious Patron

I heard that you could home audit the cc, but more than that, if recall serves, it's in the cc materials that is is a long level and can be done at home. I had moved to LA to do the OT levels so it never came up to me personally.

Mimsey

Did anyone actually do it that way (leave SH, fly home to audit and mail in w/s) at SH in the 60's? Or was it just something that was theoretically possible?

Did anyone actually do it that way (leave SH, fly home to audit and mail in w/s) at SH in the 60's? Or was it just something that was theoretically possible?
Well, that was my understanding. See this link:https://file.wikileaks.org/file/scientology-ot-levels.pdf and look at the clearing course information booklet - section duration of auditing. It says it takes 3-4 months to do the level, auditing every day. It is likened to digging a ditch. Perhaps on another site, in the clearing course materials you can find another reference. The climate has changed over the years, and as the materials have leaked out and been published, they have upped the security. Back in the 60's there was no internet. There wasn't the threat of global exposure of the materials.

The first xerox machines came out in 63 but they were few and far between. So there was no need for the heightened security they have now.

I could be wrong, but that is what I recall. Maybe some one from Saint Hill, like Paul, or the other old timers who post here off and on can clarify it for you.

Mimsey

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Does this mean that in order to keep the bodies in the shop in an uptrend they are requiring a ~ 96% shorter time for those on OT solo level to be repaired(de_truthed of the entheta encountered while ' on the loose' in the dangerous non-scientology day to day living)? Rough calculation says shrinkage approx 96% or the compliment of 5days over 180days which if my speculation is correct is a truly " universe" shaking "win"
Scene: 10 years ago 1000 Solo auditor checks every 6 months or 5.5 on an average day
Scene now: only 30 solo auditors each showing up around 36 times over 6 months and voila 1080 solo auditor checks in 6 months! Oh wait, convert that to weekly otherwise it is squirrel...lol

CommunicatorIC

Does this mean that in order to keep the bodies in the shop in an uptrend they are requiring a ~ 96% shorter time for those on OT solo level to be repaired(de_truthed of the entheta encountered while ' on the loose' in the dangerous non-scientology day to day living)? Rough calculation says shrinkage approx 96% or the compliment of 5days over 180days which if my speculation is correct is a truly " universe" shaking "win"
Scene: 10 years ago 1000 Solo auditor checks every 6 months or 5.5 on an average day
Scene now: only 30 solo auditors each showing up around 36 times over 6 months and voila 1080 solo auditor checks in 6 months! Oh wait, convert that to weekly otherwise it is squirrel...lol
I think there is repeated confusion about something on this thread.

The promo in the OP does NOT concern OT 7 or the six month checks for OT 7 that are done at Flag in Florida.

The promo in the OP concerns only the auditing done through AOLA in Los Angeles -- which tops out at OT 5.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think there is repeated confusion about something on this thread.

The promo in the OP does NOT concern OT 7 or the six month checks for OT 7 that are done at Flag in Florida.

The promo in the OP concerns only the auditing done through AOLA in Los Angeles -- which tops out at OT 5.

Are they saying you can take to OTIII levels home?

CommunicatorIC

Are they saying you can take to OTIII levels home?
I don't want to give you verbal promo tech. :coolwink: The promo says:

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

This means that once the Solo Auditor has proven technical proficiency for the OT level he is on, he is able to take the materials home and audit daily for a maximum of 5 days at a stretch -- at the end of which he returns to AOLA to receive direction on their next action. This is done in strict accordance with LRH instructions on the subject.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

IDzmZnc.png

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Well, that was my understanding. See this link:https://file.wikileaks.org/file/scientology-ot-levels.pdf and look at the clearing course information booklet - section duration of auditing. It says it takes 3-4 months to do the level, auditing every day. It is likened to digging a ditch. Perhaps on another site, in the clearing course materials you can find another reference. The climate has changed over the years, and as the materials have leaked out and been published, they have upped the security. Back in the 60's there was no internet. There wasn't the threat of global exposure of the materials.

The first xerox machines came out in 63 but they were few and far between. So there was no need for the heightened security they have now.

I could be wrong, but that is what I recall. Maybe some one from Saint Hill, like Paul, or the other old timers who post here off and on can clarify it for you.

Mimsey

I worked in the "AO" (Div 4A, the Solo Technical Division) at Saint Hill from around 1981-1985. I wasn't that familiar with what went on before that. There was no long-distance solo auditing of OT2/3; the solo auditors either did it on the premises in the auditing block or they did it at home (where they were staying in the East Grinstead area). When they started solo auditing on OT2 they were given a thick pack containing all 21 of the OT2 platens, which they signed out and kept with the OT2 theory pack in a locked briefcase that was stored in the AO, except while in session. When they were about to go into session they would pick up their briefcase from the Solo DofP (Isla Pryde for 40 years!). They would do the session, see the examiner, then return the briefcase to the AO. If they were doing lots of sessions at home they got to keep the case all day (only), but I think it had to be locked in a cupboard or something.

In the AO the packs were kept in these impressive looking huge fireproof filing cabinets with very complex keys, which we assumed were really secure. Then one day we couldn't open one and had to call a locksmith in. He drilled a hole in the side with a small power drill, pushed or pulled a sliding bar, and the drawers unlocked. It took him about a minute. We were aghast! But didn't buy new cabinets.

Somewhere around 1982 there was a big flap (kept quiet!) when someone xeroxed the whole set of OT2 platens, and shortly afterwards the platens only got issued one at a time. But they were still allowed to be taken into town for auditing in a locked briefcase.

OT3 similarly with the theory pack and platens.

I supervised OT1-3 at ITO in LA in the early 90s. The system of electronic tags and packs wired to an alarm and kept in proper safes was instituted around 1993. I don't know how this affected public delivery.

Paul

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ohhh, I see, then that must mean they have introduced 5 day sec check,de-ptsing interrogations on those levels which would support my hypothesis. Oh wait maybe I am not a squirrel just a db trying to mess up the UTR readers here or had too much mountain air and have reached the level of el con trying to get everyone to believe my prevarication. & Hyperbole, I learned it all in an academy. Patiently waiting for my j& d pink sheet.

I don't want to give you verbal promo tech. :coolwink: The promo says:

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

This means that once the Solo Auditor has proven technical proficiency for the OT level he is on, he is able to take the materials home and audit daily for a maximum of 5 days at a stretch -- at the end of which he returns to AOLA to receive direction on their next action. This is done in strict accordance with LRH instructions on the subject.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

IDzmZnc.png

You should understand the nature of the levels above power. If you weren't a dianetic clear, you did power in the HGC, and then R-6EW was a solo level. You learned how to audit it in the course room. Then you solo audited it. You came up with your own answers to the question -"what am I dramatizing?" and you ran the process to EP.

The clearing course required you to get reads from the platens that Hubbard researched. The platens had items on them which you looked at, put your attention on and noted each read on your w/s till the item went flat. So, as Paul says, they gave you a few platens, and you audited your self on them. I can see this falling under the 5 day rule. You pick up your platens, drive to burbank, hop a jet home and solo audit on them for 5 days, then fly back, bring them back to the solo course admin, send your folder in to the c/s. maybe get a cram, or simply pick up the next platens, and off you go again.

The sunshine rundown and OT1 are done in LA since they only take a few days to do.

OT2 is run the same way as the clearing course. You take a few platens home - audit them, then return to ao, turn those in, get a c/s then off you go.

OT3 . Hum. On that level you learn how to locate and find BTs on yourself. About all you have in your briefcase is your folder containing the work sheets where you note stuff like "found bt on left shoulder, ran it on inc 2, inc 1 to f/n" You would have a correction list, but that's about it. Once you learn how to run it, there's not much to it. You do it every day, and turn in your work sheets every 5 days ( according to the promo) to get a c/s instruction. If you weren't doing well it would look like this:

Mimsey Borogrove​
9 oct 2016​

C/S

FLUNK

Auditor to cramming via the MAA. You can not run a BT off from another person. Especially COB. That violates HCOB "OT III basic proceedure."

ARC, Rocky Stump, Solo C/S​

In this case the auditor would do lowers, get a mega cram, audit for a while on base till the c/s knows he is doing it correctly, then he is allowed to go off base.

As far as sec checks - you get a sec check while you are doing the solo course. If that goes OK, you get an invitation to do the ot levels. Your next sec check would likely be done after OT3 if you consistently audited well, with no breaks, before you started ot 4 & 5

Solo nots is a different kettle of fish. You, the new OT5 from AOLA, fly to flag - redo the solo course, get a new sec check as part of your set up auditing, then if all is well, you go onto OT6 theory - then after demonstrating you can run 6 sessions a day standardly, you get some correction lists, int ext list etc. and fly home for 6 months. Weekly you mail back your work sheets, and you have a mail box at the post office where they mail stuff to you in special envelopes. If you use up all of your correction lists, they will mail you another, for instance. In six months - you fly to flag, drop off your materials, start your refresher course, and go into the HGC for your 6 mos sec check. Do a cram on the stuff you did wrong while at home, or lowers if you went out ethics in some way. Do a few sessions on base - then go to tampa and jet back to where ever.

I hope this clarifies it a bit.

Mimsey

Last edited:

phenomanon

Canyon
You should understand the nature of the levels above power. If you weren't a dianetic clear, you did power in the HGC, and then R-6EW was a solo level. You learned how to audit it in the course room. Then you solo audited it. You came up with your own answers to the question -"what am I dramatizing?" and you ran the process to EP.

The clearing course required you to get reads from the platens that Hubbard researched. The platens had items on them which you looked at, put your attention on and noted each read on your w/s till the item went flat. So, as Paul says, they gave you a few platens, and you audited your self on them. I can see this falling under the 5 day rule. You pick up your platens, drive to burbank, hop a jet home and solo audit on them for 5 days, then fly back, bring them back to the solo course admin, send your folder in to the c/s. maybe get a cram, or simply pick up the next platens, and off you go again.

The sunshine rundown and OT1 are done in LA since they only take a few days to do.

OT2 is run the same way as the clearing course. You take a few platens home - audit them, then return to ao, turn those in, get a c/s then off you go.

OT3 . Hum. On that level you learn how to locate and find BTs on yourself. About all you have in your briefcase is your folder containing the work sheets where you note stuff like "found bt on left shoulder, ran it on inc 2, inc 1 to f/n" You would have a correction list, but that's about it. Once you learn how to run it, there's not much to it. You do it every day, and turn in your work sheets every 5 days ( according to the promo) to get a c/s instruction. If you weren't doing well it would look like this:

Mimsey Borogrove​
9 oct 2016​

C/S

FLUNK

Auditor to cramming via the MAA. You can not run a BT off from another person. Especially COB. That violates HCOB "OT III basic proceedure."

ARC, Rocky Stump, Solo C/S​

In this case the auditor would do lowers, get a mega cram, audit for a while on base till the c/s knows he is doing it correctly, then he is allowed to go off base.

As far as sec checks - you get a sec check while you are doing the solo course. If that goes OK, you get an invitation to do the ot levels. Your next sec check would likely be done after OT3 if you consistently audited well, with no breaks, before you started ot 4 & 5

Solo nots is a different kettle of fish. You, the new OT5 from AOLA, fly to flag - redo the solo course, get a new sec check as part of your set up auditing, then if all is well, you go onto OT6 theory - then after demonstrating you can run 6 sessions a day standardly, you get some correction lists, int ext list etc. and fly home for 6 months. Weekly you mail back your work sheets, and you have a mail box at the post office where they mail stuff to you in special envelopes. If you use up all of your correction lists, they will mail you another, for instance. In six months - you fly to flag, drop off your materials, start your refresher course, and go into the HGC for your 6 mos sec check. Do a cram on the stuff you did wrong while at home, or lowers if you went out ethics in some way. Do a few sessions on base - then go to tampa and jet back to where ever.

I hope this clarifies it a bit.

Mimsey

Rocky Stump really was my Solo C/S.
I delivered a lot of OT Preps at the AO. As I recall OT Preps were done after Clear and anywhere after that if they had never been done. OT Preps were Confessionals, but they weren't called that.
The OT Preps were often "tailored" to the individual PC according to items or situations or difficulties he was or has had. Everybody had to have them. They were a total burden on an Auditor as the Folder admin took as long as a session. And we didn't dare miss a withold.:nervous:

Rocky Stump really was my Solo C/S.
I delivered a lot of OT Preps at the AO. As I recall OT Preps were done after Clear and anywhere after that if they had never been done. OT Preps were Confessionals, but they weren't called that.
The OT Preps were often "tailored" to the individual PC according to items or situations or difficulties he was or has had. Everybody had to have them. They were a total burden on an Auditor as the Folder admin took as long as a session. And we didn't dare miss a withold.:nervous:
Rocky lived just down the street from me. He C/Sed my cc-ot 3. He used to hold the window open in his C/S office with a big bowie knife. I forget his blonde wife's name. Those days the married SO staff could live off base. Those were the days. Mimsey

phenomanon

Canyon
Rocky lived just down the street from me. He C/Sed my cc-ot 3. He used to hold the window open in his C/S office with a big bowie knife. I forget his blonde wife's name. Those days the married SO staff could live off base. Those were the days. Mimsey

Yeah, and there was no issue with security . I checked out materials, took them to my lodgings in a briefcase, and returned them when I was done with that level.
Those really were the heydays of Scn. The Mission Network made it so in great part by feeding the " Upper Orgs" happy , eager PCs.
Rocky C/S'd my cc-ot3 or 4.
His every C/S instruction would be "Continue"...
This was in July, 1969.