What's new

Solo Nots security requirments

Feral

Rogue male
In the light of the Rex Fowler incident I want to post the security requirements, operation and drills that a person training on Solo Nots has to go through to earn their right to audit the level.

On arrival at Flag one is put through an ethics interview to ensure they are of sufficient character to even be on part A, which until very recently was totally confidential, oddly enough it's the solo course part one which is retread in full.

Concurrently while training on this part you do your case set ups, now for about 80% of OTs this involves a full NED program, yep you get to go clear again. Once this is done you do your elig sec check. This one is done FPRD style although subsequent six monthly refreshers are done as a straight confessional since the "arbitraries removed era" around around 2000. For Rex this is reported to have been a 22 intensive cyle, that's 275 hours of digging around looking for evil intentions that he probably never had.

The scary thing here is as far as the dogma of auditing OTs is concerned this GAT FPRD is utterly squirrel. No ownership is established on or for the overt chain. In fact it isn't established until one is down at the bottom of the time track and the evil intention has been established. By now the pre OT has mis owned a chain of crimes that he was never part of if indeed they ever occurred. But he is now, in his own mind a murderer, rapist, turncoat and has accepted the he has the attributes of such. Not real good for ones concept of themselves.

So once this sec check is done the public is sent to ethics with a "knowledge report" and sits down in front of an ethics officer (Master at Arms in the SO)the KR is read and it has EVERYTHING on it. His ethics file is also read which will include every unfounded accusation that any Scientologist ever made of him, these tend to be taken seriously if they are backed or repeated by any one of any standing within the Sea Org. An ethics program is worked out, sometimes these may take months or years to complete as these may include training as an auditor, which I think Rex had to do.

If the program is long when you return to Flag the interview and sec check has to be redone.

Once the MAA is satisfied that you have been corrected for any wrong doing then the whole thing is written up and sent to RTC who are the final word on it, it is sent with a photo of the pre OT as well.

Once you have been accepted you may begin the confidential part of the course, to participate in this you need a swipe card which you get at security, it is a photo ID card and you need a PIN as well. The card MUST stay with you at all times and there is a sheet of rules about it. Examples are; You must have the card concealed from view at all times while off the base, you cannot leave the card in your room unless it is locked in a secure area. When entering or leaving any security area you must NEVER facilitate another's entrance even if you know the person, you must close the door on them and make them enter via their own card. You get the idea.

You enter a secure area and are faced with a second set of doors to the various confidential course rooms. You repeat the action to enter the OT VI course room.

So you're in the course room but there are no packs out when you get there, all the packs are locked up in the admin area, not only that but each pack is also plugged into a board, when any pack is unplugged no door will open so untill all50 or so packs are in position no one can come into or leave the course room. More than once I hoped there was an override in case of fire.

Each page of the pack also has an electronic card glued into it and there is a sensor under the carpet at the door so no pages can be filched.

Things continue much like this until you're ready for your first practice sessions. To do this you leave everything behind in the course room take a lockable brief case to the solo HGC and pick up your folder. Now that you have your folder securely locked in your brief case a new set of rules comes in to play. You remain attached to your folder in it's locked briefcase until your in a locked auditing room, then you can open it have your session, write everything up, re lock the briefcase and unlock your door to leave. You take an exam and carry the case until you check it back in.

So after many weeks of this you could be at the end of your course. Now it's time to learn how to keep your materials safe at home. For this there is a whole briefing pack.

The rules are extensive. viz;

One takes their materials home in a locked briefcase, it is inside in a tough bag. You don't let them leave your person. Once home they are to be transferred to a safe that is bolted to the wall and floor as well as glued with an industrial adhesive. This safe is to be concealed within a house that is always locked and alarmed. The alarm must be a back to base style or set to call your mobile should your place be broken into. Your mobile must be kept on and be on your person at all times.

Here is the funny bit, a note is to be placed on your safe that reads; The contents of this safe have no commercial value should any person come into possession of them a reward of $500 will be paid for their safe return.Insert ph. no.:duh:

If you also audit at work, your materials can be left in a similar arrangement but not over night. In transporting them they have to be on your person all the time, never left in your car.

Every two weeks your worksheets are to be sent back in a double envelope, the inner one is colour flashed and marked confidential, the outer is a plain brown paper envelope. You must never post the correction lists (the materials), they can only be fed exed or carried on your person back to Flag.

Also the correction lists are put on light sensitive paper, should anyone ever try to photocopy them they change colour and become unreadable.

It might seem odd but this whole security briefing is totally confidential. Makes sense that the cult doesn't want anyone to know how paranoid they are.:unsure:

Then on each six month refresher several hours are spent verifying each Solo Nots auditors faithfulness in following these excruciatingly painful rules. Solo Nots auditors live in terror of screwing up the security.

All of this comes as a bit of an exercise in futility when you leave and find ALL of the Solo Nots data available outside of the church.:duh:

Now if any one is trying to piece together Rex Fowler's extenuating circumstances, this on top of the raping of his finances has to be taken into consideration.

A few years of this and add the six monthly sec checks as well as chasing BTs around his skull 4 to 6 times a day and ....well, how would you feel?

Last edited:

Hatshepsut

Crusader
Man thats ridiculous Feral. How could an organization which came up with the whole track sec check which assumes most have been obliterators many times over (as suggested by the nature of the questions) then turn around and nit pick you death over nuthin:duh:.

Hatshepsut

Crusader
Feral
The scary thing here is as far as the dogma of auditing OTs is concerned this GAT FPRD is utterly squirrel. No ownership is established on or for the overt chain. In fact it isn't established until one is down at the bottom of the time track and the evil intention has been established. By now the pre OT has mis owned a chain of crimes that he was never part of if indeed they ever occurred. But he is now, in his own mind a murderer, rapist, turncoat and has accepted the he has the attributes of such. Not real good for ones concept of them selves.

Why would they want you to do the Clear thing all over again. It sounds to me like the paranoids think that their parishioners might be being controlled through purposes placed inside 'other' banks. I wonder when this new (reason why) 'discovery' will be revealed...Duh...." Here ye... here ye...It has now been discovered that some PCs were re-implanted by aliens in their sleep...and either given additional bank commands or were instructed to mock up again." Their cloak and dagger counter-intention is an inexaustable game. Right Feral, how can they deal with wrong indications on that level without ownership? Nothing has left members more introspected and pushed over the edge than the constant asserting that there are still non optimum purps. DM will probably give a success story where he has personally confronted the evil psychs outside our timestream who are trying to influence telepathically by inlaying intentions to destroy SCN. I smell something comin down the pike. :nervous:

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Man thats ridiculous Feral. How could an organization which came up with the whole track sec check which assumes most have been obliterators many times over (as suggested by the nature of the questions) then turn around and nit pick you death over nuthin:duh:.

It's easier to punish people if you first make them accept that they are guilty.
"Did you really think that we want those laws to be observed?" said Dr.
Ferris. "We *want* them broken. You'd better get it straight That it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against– then you'll know that this is not the age for beautiful gestures. We're after power and we mean it. You fellows were pikers, but we know the real trick, and you'd better get wise to it. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Rearden, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with."

Ayn Rand, "Atlas Shrugged"

Hatshepsut

Crusader
..... laws that can neither be observed nor enforced nor objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Rearden, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with."

Ayn Rand, "Atlas Shrugged"

Ah haaa! So, they're gonna start 'charging' every time they find some guilt. Now it all makes sense. :yes: $$$

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Very interesting Kevin.

When you refer to ‘the materials’ that have to be kept in a safe, what exactly do these consist of? I’m presuming that you don’t get to take home any of the OTVII theory HCOBs.

How long does it take to do the theory part of OTVI and what does this consist of?

Although I obviously haven’t done this level, I know what you mean about the paranoia the CoS has regarding security. In the Ethics Office at St Hill, I overheard a guy who was auditing on OTIII I think, who was being hauled over the coals for ‘out security’. What had happened, was that he had got into his car in the St Hill car park to drive home, and found that it wouldn’t start (not a very ‘OT’ thing to have happen, one might think). So, he put down the briefcase containing his ‘materials’ on the front seat of the car and walked round to the boot to get a tow rope out. He was never more than a few feet away from the briefcase, but since the security rules state that the briefcase should “never be put down, even for a moment”, he was in hot water.

When he asked what he should have done, the MAA came up with the answer that he should have taken the materials back down the hill to the AO, locked them away in a secure area, then trudged back up the hill to his car, got it started, left it running, walked back down and picked the materials up again and them taken them back to the car. And presumably hope that someone hadn’t taken the opportunity to go for a joyride in it.

This all sounded absolutely ridiculous to me at the time (and remember that I was still very much ‘in’ then) and totally impractical. Did they think that someone would be waiting in the cult’s car park to mug hapless OTs and steal their worthless materials? :duh:

Axiom142

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
Remember the fanny packs? Back before you had to have a hard case briefcase, you could carry your stuff in a fanny pack. One poor guy lost his fanny pack somewhere like the Grand Canyon or Yellowstone, and I think he had to do amends for years before he was "trustworthy" again. Poor guy!

What Feral says is very accurate. The paranoia is extreme. Plus the added benefit of it isolating you even more. Now you're not just a scn....you're a scn. with a briefcase strung to your wrist who is paranoid beyond all reason and has to alarm your house and live in fear of screwing up!

But ya forgot about the post office box part...or maybe you don't have to do that Down Under? You have to have a P.O. box to secretly receive your c/s and lists as your home mailbox is not secure. I can't count the number of times I got someone else's mail in my P.O. box!!

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
[...]

Did they think that someone would be waiting in the cult’s car park to mug hapless OTs and steal their worthless materials? :duh:

Axiom142

Oh, yes. The materials have that much value. :lol:

But you could treat a cow pie in the same manner all the while building the perceptions and agreements that this cow pie is one valuable piece of crap. :hysterical:

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
<snip>...one is trying to piece together Rex Fowler's extenuating circumstances, this on top of the raping of his finances has to be taken into consideration.

A few years of this and add the six monthly sec checks as well as chasing BTs around his skull 4 to 6 times a day and ....well, how would you feel?

and if, one day, he suddenly saw with perfect clarity, without the cult glasses, all that he was doing and all that was done, and thought WTF?

and if he has a very in spouse and the business is tangled all into it and there is no way out...

:no:

Thanks for explaining this Feral. Just reading it I could feel the paranoia seeping into me. To be in such a state of fear day in and day out for years must be incredibly debilitating.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Even with all this security, the police still got Rex's folders. That's what I find so funny!

Reading this I thought: This is a spiritual practice?

No.

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
Even with all this security, the police still got Rex's folders. That's what I find so funny!

Reading this I thought: This is a spiritual practice?

No.

I know. I thought the same thing while I was going through it.

But with all this paranoia and all the $$ spent on eligibility and sec checks, and all the time on lower conditions because of such silly out-security situations as walking a few feet away from your locked up materials in your own locked house, one doesn't want to be T-H-E one to allow these potentially dangerous materials (which would kill one if they read it and weren't ready for it) to escape into the wrong hands.

That would mean having been responsible for killing millions and being declared SP. Plus, one could then kiss their spiritual eternity goodbye forever!

It was such a relief to be out from under all those security rules. OMG. :omg:

Veda

Sponsor
How "Squirrel" is this, really?

"Squirrel" means going against Hubbard's instructions. Hubbard was the guy who ordered the Missions looted, "discovered" that ancient psychiatrists invented pain and sex, redefined FNs as a rhythmic (3) sweep of the dial, and (according to Jesse Prince, in 'Advices') instructed that there be 6 month sec checks. Hubbard (in the 1960s and 1970s) also applied this fun little booklet http://warrior.xenu.ca/Brainwashing-front.jpg to his his own followers, and made those applications part of Scientology "tech."

I'm not much in touch with the current scene, but is the problem really "squirreling."

Ordinarily, Sec Checks were done "This lifetime" to keep the person (so it's said) from avoiding facing his real this life overts. Similarly wouldn't it be likely (following the same line of thought) that an "upper level" case ("BT" conscious) person - receiving an ethics handling, of sort - would be sized up as tending to want to avoid taking responsibility for his own overts by attributing them to BTs, rather than confronting his own overts?

So, just as (per the "Tech") someone (particularly an "out ethics" person) would be inclined to avoid facing his this-lifetime overts by jumping into past life overts, would not that person also be inclined to disown his own overts by attributing them to his OT 3 or NOTs case? (And, thus, not be asked to assign ownership right away.)

Just speculating as to the mind-set behind this. It may not be the eeevil inclination to "squirrel" but something "Standard." (Which may be more evil than eeevil "squirreling.")

But again, just speculating.

AlphOhm

Traveler of time/space
Wow! I would have flunked security like every day!

... which of course goes along with assignment of "Treason". :duh:

NED run on a preOT seems like a really bad idea. Who exactly is it being run on or for?

Also, if someone is doing well on a level, it looks squirrelly to drag them in and run other case actions over the top of that.

The sec-check/ethics routine described sounds more like a "make guilty" routine rather than "relief".

"Bridge" to total entrapment...

Pliny Younger

Patron with Honors
Thanks, Feral.

Wow, that was some good info. I now know what crap my relatives went through to survive while I was being a thorn in their side while they did OT levels at flag. I was more effective than I thought. :)

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
How "Squirrel" is this, really?

...and (according to Jesse Prince, in 'Advices') instructed that there be 6 month sec checks. ...

This is awesome data, Veda.

Can you point me to the source of this info from Jesse?

lkwdblds

Crusader
I think Shakespeare wrote a play about this

The incredibly complex procedure outlined by Kevin in his Opening Post reminds me of the title to a Shakeperian play, "MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING." the only gains to be made here are skills in how to get through a MAZE in one piece with your senses intact. I am so glad I never moved on to Solo NOts. I wouldn't do it now for free let alone paying hundreds of thousands of dollars. Just with a bit of technical trainng in Scientology, you can see that what is being run on you can would not automatically produce OT like abilities.

If a person runs "Book and Boltte" or does a long TRO, it is possible to conceive of them going exterior or heightening some perception or something but doing the actions outlined in the opening Post, especially GAT style, by inspection leads one to an awareness that nothing major is likely to happen to you and your case which will make you more OT. The proof of the pudding is that DM and other higher level execs do not go through this procedure and Solo audit themselves.

The futility of spending years and hundreds of thousands auditing on OT VII remind me of an equally futile act in WWII. A day or two before Hitler shot himself, he wrote up his final Will and Testament to the German people. A loyal soldier was called in and told he was being put on a secrete mission which was the most important mission in the world. He was given several copies of this document and without being told what it was, he was supposed to get it to Hitler's appointed successor, Doenitz, in Hamburg and bury a couple of backup copies along the way. This man risked his life and I believe he did get it to Doenitz several hundred miles away. He believed the fate of the world depended on his mission. Of course the documents were the worthless rantings and ravings of a defeated dictator and had no value whatsoever and yet this soldier believed he was on a mission which would save the world and acted as if that was the case.
Lakey

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

NED run on a preOT seems like a really bad idea. Who exactly is it being run on or for?

Also, if someone is doing well on a level, it looks squirrelly to drag them in and run other case actions over the top of that.

-snip-

Hubbard gnarled up his already gnarly Grade Chart in 1978 when he came out with Dianetic Clear (as common), and decided that Dianetic Clears should not be run on PP, R6ew, or CC, but go straight (zoooom!) out of Missions and "up lines."

I see people who were previously "Dianetic Clear" now doing PP, R6ew, and CC, but CSing people to re-do Dianetics would be a major sea change.