What's new

Some recent hearsay stats

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
Some recent hearsay, pseudonymous, undocumented stats from Marty's blog, fwiw:
StarsAwait // October 2, 2009 at 8:18 pm | Reply

You personally will pay the price countless millions of times over if COB is messing things up, so you have a right to observe and report. Especially when the number two guy in Scientology for twenty years is reporting on the number one guy.

Regarding stats, here is my own observations when in management fairly recently.

They were not doing well. I recall looking in data and seeing long term emergencies (danger). I don’t recall seeing normals, and these were the big important stats. Which confirms in my mind that Marty Rathbun is telling the truth. I know he’s telling the truth regarding that.
WWP Thread: Some recent hearsay, no doc stats

Miss Penguin

Patron with Honors
Part of what I think keeps Scientologist "on board" is the false reports of unprecedented expansion, and other blown up false stats. You have good people believing that their church is doing all these great things all over the world, that there is such a huge demand for Dn and Scn that we have to build these huge buildings to meet these demands.

If anyone takes a look at their local org they can see this is not true. More and more are starting to see the discrepancy. I thought it was odd at the last few Int events I attended that there was so much "expansion" news from overseas, seemed like nothing was happening locally (in the U.S.A.) except for these false Ideal Orgs.

It's a house of cards that is starting to come down as more and more of the truth is made known.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron

If anyone takes a look at their local org they can see this is not true. More and more are starting to see the discrepancy. I thought it was odd at the last few Int events I attended that there was so much "expansion" news from overseas, seemed like nothing was happening locally (in the U.S.A.) except for these false Ideal Orgs.

It's a house of cards that is starting to come down as more and more of the truth is made known.

I had the same thoughts. I’d go along to all the big events at St Hill, including the IAS and hear all these amazing stories of huge expansion all around the world. But, I could see that nothing like that was happening in the UK, so I thought that it was in other places like the US that Scientology was doing really well. It was so frustrating to think that we were lagging behind everyone else.

At St Hill, there were two large boards with the names of staff and their posts for St Hill Foundation and AOSH. I kept a close watch on these for around 7 years, and could see that they weren’t expanding. And in the last couple of years, I know of quite a few staff who have left. But the amazing thing was the capacity of the senior staff at these orgs to see the same things that I saw and yet apparently be unable to add it all together and realise that they were being lied to. For example, over the course of 3 years from 2002, I was told by SHF staff that their org was going to be St Hill sized by the end of the year!

The sad thing is that they never seemed to remember what they’d told you the year before and expected you to believe it the next time they said it! If you didn’t immediately get behind them and ‘play the Birthday game’ or some such, you were ‘counter-intentioned’ or some other nonsensical BS. Some of the time, it felt like the staff were very resentful that ‘their public’ weren’t doing more to expand the orgs. If was almost as if they thought it was our fault.

Of course, I don’t suppose they thought to blame a certain pint-sized dictator. That would get you into hot water for even thinking such thoughts.

Axiom142

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is straight out of 1984. Our forces are always defeating the enemy somewhere wherever that is. And your chocolate rations have been increased from 4 grams to 3 grams.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I had the same thoughts. I’d go along to all the big events at St Hill, including the IAS and hear all these amazing stories of huge expansion all around the world. But, I could see that nothing like that was happening in the UK, so I thought that it was in other places like the US that Scientology was doing really well. It was so frustrating to think that we were lagging behind everyone else.

At St Hill, there were two large boards with the names of staff and their posts for St Hill Foundation and AOSH. I kept a close watch on these for around 7 years, and could see that they weren’t expanding. And in the last couple of years, I know of quite a few staff who have left. But the amazing thing was the capacity of the senior staff at these orgs to see the same things that I saw and yet apparently be unable to add it all together and realise that they were being lied to. For example, over the course of 3 years from 2002, I was told by SHF staff that their org was going to be St Hill sized by the end of the year!

The sad thing is that they never seemed to remember what they’d told you the year before and expected you to believe it the next time they said it! If you didn’t immediately get behind them and ‘play the Birthday game’ or some such, you were ‘counter-intentioned’ or some other nonsensical BS. Some of the time, it felt like the staff were very resentful that ‘their public’ weren’t doing more to expand the orgs. If was almost as if they thought it was our fault.

Of course, I don’t suppose they thought to blame a certain pint-sized dictator. That would get you into hot water for even thinking such thoughts.

Axiom142

Maybe they do see it and just don't mention it as that would single them out for ethics and sec-checks.

Staff MUST toe the Party Line at all times but often still privately :grouch: about the obvious BS from above.

But yes, they are resentful that they work around the clock to Handle the Planet and those dilettante public with money in their pockets don't come and help more - that line was actually started up by Miscavige Himself in the 90s.

This was filtered down via "Management" at the time and was date co-incident with Miscavige's personal push on recruiting OT VIIs and OT VIIIS into orgs as senior executives.

This attitude was heavily communicated into orgs at the time - and I reckon it was to keep staff there who could see their public friends going up the Bridge and buying houses and driving around in nice cars while the staff literally starved in "expanding on-Source" orgs - blame it on the part-time Scientologists.

You may remember the events when He began to tell public to join staff or the SO - this was in His final address at the end of the event.

That was the point when staff and SO were turned from being made to service public to become contemptuous of public and look on them as something akin to naughty children who were indeed wasting "this brief breath in Eternity."

And many of the staff would feel like you do - "How come we're expanding everywhere but here?"

And take it out on the dilettante public who weren't helping enough who should join staff and see what it's really like to have to work hard for little pay etc etc.

Just another example of Miscavige's relentless work to destroy everything He touches.

I bought into it for a while then began to realize that it wasn't so the more I associated with these "dilettantes" like Feral and Mrs Pattycake and a whole bunch of other hard-working ethical people who were much saner than the idiots in the SO and on staff I was stuck with.

The poor buggers still slaving away in there right now have this ingrained prejudice courtesy of the cancerous lil gnome Himself.

Pray that they are freed soon.