What's new

some thoughts on OSA

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Possibly that people should't be afraid of posting. And they should'nt worry about OSA either. This 'public scare' that has resulted from Pattys ARS post is wholly unneccessy.

OSA has shrunk from it's former might when it was the Guardian's Office. To instill fear in former members is what they do as per Hubbards policies. They rely on that fear to keep people silent.

Posting anonymously handles the percieved threat of course, but is a manifestation of fear.

Without the fear CoS and OSA are powerless.. Hmm.. Let's have Hubbard explain that. He lectured a little piece of strangely manipulative advice on it: Lecture: Symbols and Group Processing Demo. (Note: In no way am I advocating Hubbard as a source of reason! This looks like indoc to remove respect for Police and WOG justice. Applies to OSA's symbol value as well!)

We can ignore those OSA flunks at this time. And we should!

Someone wrote that they are 'real' people and that they probably 'dragged their feet' in doing their jobs. I think that's probably true.. It's what I did most of the time in the GO actually.

Oh, their 'symbol of authority' certainly worked on me. I kept my fap shut for almost 20 years.

I only pretend to be anonymous. Anyone can click on my username at the top of any of my posts, and 'Visit SchwimmelPuckels Website' to see my real name, embarrasing pic's and a load of silly stuff about me. Dosn't take a minutes sleuthing to find my street adress and phone numbers either. (I don't have anything about Scn there. But that may change.)

I havn't been contacted or harrased by OSA. I have had old friends find me though. That's the really nice part of being out in the open.

Hmm.. OSA don't bother me. That may be because I'm a silly idjit who's inconsequential to them... It has always been so that if a critic is a significant threat to CoS they get to work on that person.

They have 'worked' a lot on Arnie Lerma, Gerry Armstrong, Keith Henson.. To name but a few. Even being a little gossip club as they are now, they are still following Hubbards war strategies and 'use the law to harrass'.

Lets not forget Tommy Davis performing for BBCs John Sweeney! - That was an OSA controlled 'handling' of a media flap. So they can be superbly entertaining too!

But the critics have become too numerous for them to harrass or even keep track of.

I won't make anyone wrong for being anonymous. There can be very good reasons to.. But this is the time to come forward in defiance!

Not only posting. Courtcases too.. The next class action suit could kick CoS's ass if people come forward and speak out.

:coffee:

Oh. they'll find you if you keep screaming generalities out your window.... someday....

I have never been contacted by OSA at all. It would be very easy for them to figure out who I am. But they dont even bother. I dont care if they do.

Even so, anything I have to "hide" is in my story. Post it on RFW. I dont care. I dont have any family for them to threaten me with anyways. They have all already decided which side of the fence they are on. And it was not my doing. They have nothing on me. So there.

I can't say that for others.

But that doesnt mean I will go out and identify myself and get in their road, or want Emma to give out my personal info, either.

Middle ground, baby, middle ground.

-----

OSA, and Scientology, has their OWN crimes that they hide. Major ones. Not just the assault and abuse, but the molestation of children, violation of labor laws. Plus fire code violations of staff berthing (I dont think that is illegal, but worth mentioning anyways).

Kettle calling the pot black.

Honestly.

PEACE.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
That's exactly what I would have expected.

So, like, what do you think's got Mick's skirt up around his shoulders?

Is this a cockney thing?

OK - what gets me going , and I am NOT aiming this at you at all, is the perception that there is this big ogre called OSA.

Take for example, the XSO list, I knew, when I set it up, that trying to weed out OSA planted "informers" would be a waste of my time so I confined myself to confirmation that a subscriber was ex-Sea Org. I made (and make) no attempt at all to identify anyone. The list is hosted on Yahoo so I do not get IP addresses and the membership list is viewable ONLY by me, not even a moderator can view the membership list. IN addition to that I warn ALL subscribers - TWICE - before they join the list, that there are people on the list who do illegally copy the posts and send them to OSA (specifically to Gloria Idda). I also send out a reminder that this is the case once a month.

Four people to my knowledge have been contacted by OSA for their postings on XSO, they were identified by content or by name, not by any other method. They were, indeed, subjected to pressure.

But that is not because OSA is capable of anything other than the most brute force thuggery. While brute force thuggery can, indeed, be frightening ( I have had the snot kicked out of me a couple of times and it was not pleasant) I think that walking talking posting or writing while paying attention to it is a) a waste of time and b) a waste of energy.

Given your story I can understand that you would see it differently and one of the things I enjoy the most about the ex-Scientologist "community" is that we can see it differently, we can argue passionately about it and we can still get on with living.

petraph33

Patron with Honors
OK - what gets me going , and I am NOT aiming this at you at all, is the perception that there is this big ogre called OSA.

Take for example, the XSO list, I knew, when I set it up, that trying to weed out OSA planted "informers" would be a waste of my time so I confined myself to confirmation that a subscriber was ex-Sea Org. I made (and make) no attempt at all to identify anyone. The list is hosted on Yahoo so I do not get IP addresses and the membership list is viewable ONLY by me, not even a moderator can view the membership list. IN addition to that I warn ALL subscribers - TWICE - before they join the list, that there are people on the list who do illegally copy the posts and send them to OSA (specifically to Gloria Idda). I also send out a reminder that this is the case once a month.

Four people to my knowledge have been contacted by OSA for their postings on XSO, they were identified by content or by name, not by any other method. They were, indeed, subjected to pressure.

But that is not because OSA is capable of anything other than the most brute force thuggery. While brute force thuggery can, indeed, be frightening ( I have had the snot kicked out of me a couple of times and it was not pleasant) I think that walking talking posting or writing while paying attention to it is a) a waste of time and b) a waste of energy.

Given your story I can understand that you would see it differently and one of the things I enjoy the most about the ex-Scientologist "community" is that we can see it differently, we can argue passionately about it and we can still get on with living.

Yeah.... posting on XSO got me in "trouble" too, but I did not care about that. :whistling: All I then cared about was to get that declare thing in writing, as they did that behind my back (cowards...) without informing me and it took several months for me to find out and another month to get a copy so that I can frame it and display it.... :happydance: Getting that in writing was actually such a relief and right indication and ended cycle for me completely on that subject :yes: - Now I have to get my brother to wake up one way or the other, but that's another story.
Mick, you are doing a great job on XSO and here. I thoroughly enjoy your posts. :thumbsup:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Excellent Post, Mick. I understand much better now.

Nice one, ole China.

Right on me old loaf.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Sorry, I can not fully jive with that.

"Berk"?

You appeared to be trying to use English colloquialisms but were using them incorrectly. So I made an appropriate colloquial response.

I happen to like it because of its amusing derivation. But as it says, despite the derivation, it is not an offensive word in England. But few English people know the derivation.

From http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/b.htm

berk Noun. An idiot, objectionable person. Derived from the rhyming slang Berkshire Hunt or Berkeley Hunt, meaning 'cunt'. Normally Berkshire and Berkeley would be pronounced Barkshire and Barkeley. This expression is generally accepted as inoffensive despite its source. Also 'burk'.

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
It's the same reason that Paul's "real" name is Jambton....... Hugh Jambton. :dieslaughing:

I had to look that one up. I hadn't even heard of "Hampton Nick". "Hampton Court" is about the nearest I'm familiar with as a place name. I don't know if they are related.

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I used Google too, but never got a Cockney\English dictionary that I could find.

I gave a link in post 107, and you quoted it in post 108.

I'm not feeling mean enough to Google "cockney dictionary" and post the result. :)

Are you pretending intellectual impairment as a ser fac; or is this prelude to a joke; or what?

Paul

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I gave a link in post 107, and you quoted it in post 108.

I'm not feeling mean enough to Google "cockney dictionary" and post the result. :)

Are you pretending intellectual impairment as a ser fac; or is this prelude to a joke; or what?

Paul

I always tried my best to overwork my course supervisors when I was in Scientology.

I used to think it was funny how they would run around on wild goose chases for me.

Looks like you're no "kindly old fumbler", are you?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I always tried my best to overwork my course supervisors when I was in Scientology.

I used to think it was funny how they would run around on wild goose chases for me.

Looks like you're no "kindly old fumbler", are you?

Thank you. Makes sense. All is right with the world again. :)

Paul

Tanstaafl

Crusader
I had to look that one up. I hadn't even heard of "Hampton Nick". "Hampton Court" is about the nearest I'm familiar with as a place name. I don't know if they are related.

Paul

I thought it was Hampton Wick.

Pay no attention to Alanzo - he's tired. Every time he makes a post he goes out for a J. Arthur! :D