What's new

Something can be done about it! Write to the IRS and govt reps to investigate Co$

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Please write to Senator Wyden and your local Senator and Congressmen. They will also write to Catherine Barre, Director from the Office of Legislative Affairs of the IRS.

IRS Office of Legislative Affairs:

Legislative Affairs
The Office of Legislative Affairs manages and enhances IRS relationships with members of Congress and their staffs by timely sharing publicly available information, serving as the central coordinating point for the IRS to achieve its legislative objectives, and assisting in securing Congressional support for the IRS. It prepares and coordinates legislative proposals that further the IRS Strategic Plan’s objectives to improve service and compliance. These proposals are separate from those provided directly to the Congress by the Taxpayer Advocate.
Legislative Affairs also provides a national level of coordination, oversight and guidance for the Congressional Affairs Program, which helps manage relationships with congressional offices, in cooperation with the Governmental Liaison and Taxpayer Advocate in each state. Together, they provide a coordinated outreach effort to the local congressional delegations.

Posted on Tony O's Blog - J. Swift blogs:

"For Senator Wyden to ask the IRS about the Church of Scientology's tax exemption is significant."

I urge American citizens reading this write to your Senator as well requesting that the IRS review the Church's tax exemption.

You should also write to Senator Wyden to express your concerns. The online form is here: http://www.wyden.senate.gov/co...

The IRS can be made to act.

On a related note, I recently posted a document from the IRS website on my Scientology Money Project blog: http://scientologymoneyproject...
Entitled Illegality and Public Policy Considerations, the document explores the ways in which 501's can have their tax exempt status revoked if they engage in illegal activities or violations of public policy. The IRS needs to review this paper:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/2228..."

WRITE TODAY!! It could be the final straw to take the cult down.
For those of you in apathy about the IRS doing anything to Scientology - "I get it":thumbsup: - it probably won't work:no:...you are right:yes:...

but for those of us higher on the tone scale - just write the letters get it done!! :lol:

betskand

Patron with Honors
Re: Something can be done about it! Write to the IRS and govt reps to investigate C

Please write to Senator Wyden and your local Senator and Congressmen. They will also write to Catherine Barre, Director from the Office of Legislative Affairs of the IRS.

IRS Office of Legislative Affairs:

Legislative Affairs
The Office of Legislative Affairs manages and enhances IRS relationships with members of Congress and their staffs by timely sharing publicly available information, serving as the central coordinating point for the IRS to achieve its legislative objectives, and assisting in securing Congressional support for the IRS. It prepares and coordinates legislative proposals that further the IRS Strategic Plan’s objectives to improve service and compliance. These proposals are separate from those provided directly to the Congress by the Taxpayer Advocate.
Legislative Affairs also provides a national level of coordination, oversight and guidance for the Congressional Affairs Program, which helps manage relationships with congressional offices, in cooperation with the Governmental Liaison and Taxpayer Advocate in each state. Together, they provide a coordinated outreach effort to the local congressional delegations.

Posted on Tony O's Blog - J. Swift blogs:

"For Senator Wyden to ask the IRS about the Church of Scientology's tax exemption is significant."

I urge American citizens reading this write to your Senator as well requesting that the IRS review the Church's tax exemption.

You should also write to Senator Wyden to express your concerns. The online form is here: http://www.wyden.senate.gov/co...

The IRS can be made to act.

On a related note, I recently posted a document from the IRS website on my Scientology Money Project blog: http://scientologymoneyproject...
Entitled Illegality and Public Policy Considerations, the document explores the ways in which 501's can have their tax exempt status revoked if they engage in illegal activities or violations of public policy. The IRS needs to review this paper:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/2228..."

WRITE TODAY!! It could be the final straw to take the cult down.
For those of you in apathy about the IRS doing anything to Scientology - "I get it":thumbsup: - it probably won't work:no:...you are right:yes:...

but for those of us higher on the tone scale - just write the letters get it done!! :lol:
Thanks for posting, Knows...I wrote Sen. Wyden and my congressmen. I'm also writing my state legislators. There's not much Scientology activity in my state (as far as I can tell), but you never know...if somebody sees a campaign issue and grabs the ball, it can't hurt.

Next step is to see if Sen. Wyden becomes Fair Game. I really hope he reads about CO$ and gets current with the problems.

Addition: somebody on the Bunker suggested that snail mail is more effective than e-mail. I think this may be the case. Anyway, I sent my letters on actual paper via the actual US Postal Service with actual stamps on them.

Re: Something can be done about it! Write to the IRS and govt reps to investigate C

What specific things should be focused on to make sure it is all relevant to IRS and
make them want to read it?

betskand

Patron with Honors

What specific things should be focused on to make sure it is all relevant to IRS and
make them want to read it?

There is a thread on the Bunker in which someone actually lists things. Sorry I can't retrieve it now (cat just threw up all over the place.) But you are right: the letter will have more effect if it has "keywords" in it.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks for posting, Knows...I wrote Sen. Wyden and my congressmen. I'm also writing my state legislators. There's not much Scientology activity in my state (as far as I can tell), but you never know...if somebody sees a campaign issue and grabs the ball, it can't hurt.

Next step is to see if Sen. Wyden becomes Fair Game. I really hope he reads about CO$ and gets current with the problems.

Addition: somebody on the Bunker suggested that snail mail is more effective than e-mail. I think this may be the case. Anyway, I sent my letters on actual paper via the actual US Postal Service with actual stamps on them.

THANK YOU BETSKAND!! You are awesome! I love your enthusiasm!! Enthusiasm is contagious and I am getting my letters out too!

I would send letters certified mail. Make sure you have a record that they received them!!

8-8008

Patron with Honors

Thanks and this is great news !!!

I will be writing my story(ies) and everything I know. I think the informations will be quite valuable for them especially as regards to the Church finances... finance irregs... I love it.