ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Something new I just discovered

Discussion in 'ESMB Public Announcements' started by Emma, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

I just found another cool feature about this software.

If you want to get someone's attention with a post, you can "tag" them. They have to be a registered member to get an alert.

It's similar to Twitter where you tag by sing the "@" symbol in front of their names.

If I wanted to tag some people that we have new fonts I might say....

Hey @Karen#1 and @I told you I was trouble , there are new fonts!

Karen & Trouble will get an alert that they've been tagged in a post.

Once you type the "@"then start typing the users name and a list will pop up for you to select the correct member.

2. RogerB

RogerB Crusader

Neat! You are a treasure, Madam EM!

R

Jenyfurrr likes this.
  3. Type4_PTS

Type4_PTS Diamond Invictus SP

I've not had the time as yet to explore all the new features, but the board looks great!

I see though that we've got the ability to bookmark posts we love, making it simple to find them again in the future. That will definitely be helpful.

Emma and Lurker5 like this.
  4. Wilbur

Wilbur Patron Meritorious

@Emma 's Ethics Folder <---

Did I mention that I think the new board is great? What sterling work getting it up and running.

W.

Lurker5 likes this.
  5. hummingbird

hummingbird Patron with Honors

This new software is the bee's knees, @Emma. What I noticed is that when you quote a post, your post just shows the first few lines of the quoted post. Such an improvement over the whole dang thing showing up! Plus, you can click a link to see the whole quote if you want. Me like!!! Good job!!!

6. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

Yes this is definitely an improvement. But guess what else I found?.....

You can highlight parts of a person's post and it gives you the option to just quote that part, instead of quoting the entire post. You used to have to quote everything and then go and edit out any parts of the post you didn't want quoted. Now it's much easier.

You can highlight a sentence from poster A (and click "+quote"), then highlight a sentence from poster B (and click "+quote") and "insert quotes" into your post & they will be attributed correctly.

hummingbird, Enthetan and Type4_PTS like this.