Something's Happening With Marty....I Do Think He Has Arrived!

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
That would be unfair; both to Alanzo and MartyWorld. Alanzo is to Internet as 'Days of Our Lives' is to TV :)

On the other hand, both Terril and Alanzo are considered pretty questionable characters in MW

Zinj

Actually, it's more like "Masterpiece Theater"

Or all-day re-runs of "Spartacus".

TG1

Angelic Poster
It's so wierd to me why this would be confusing, but every once in a while someone comes along and expresses confusion about why Scientology should be reformed.

So here we go, TG1.

Ready?

Because Scientology criminality and abuse harms people.

People being harmed needs to not go on any more.

OK, Lucy, so 'splain it to me some more. In a perfect world of your own design you would rather see Scientology reformed than done away with?

And if you say "yes," that means you think there is something of value to Scientology?

Answers to Alanzo

Hey - Operating Lambda is a brilliant screen name.

Gee thanks, Alanzo.

I do believe that he probably does not know the history of what has gone on in Scientology since 1983

That is true up until a couple of years ago when the media rekindled my interest. Since then I think I have become well educated (via the Web) in the current scene and the intervening years, including the nefarious deeds of M&M. And, by the way, I am not a follower, only an observer.

That's what I'm asking of Marty, Operating Lambda.

I swear to God.

I believe you! And agree with you.

Still doesn't nullify my point that Marty's blog/The Shack has been and is:

a. An effective deterrent to potential raw meat

b. An inducement to wavering members

c. A safe place to go when they blow.

One step at a time, eh?

John Harry Watson
etc.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
OK, Lucy, so 'splain it to me some more. In a perfect world of your own design you would rather see Scientology reformed than done away with?

Yes.

And if you say "yes," that means you think there is something of value to Scientology?

Yes.

For my most recent writings on this, read my posts in "Jeff Hawkins' "The Dirty Dozen" thread.

See Alanzo be battered down by the haters, and watch him bounce back, with irrefutable logic and reasoning to emerge as the Victorious Rhetor of Freedom and Justice for All!

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
A "reformed Scientology" is, by its own definition, no longer Scientology.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I believe you! And agree with you.

Still doesn't nullify my point that Marty's blog/The Shack has been and is:

a. An effective deterrent to potential raw meat

b. An inducement to wavering members

c. A safe place to go when they blow.

One step at a time, eh?

John Harry Watson
etc.

These are all great points, and yes they are true. But I believe they have very limited value.

Marty does not allow questioning of L Ron Hubbard on his blog. He has said so many times.

In the end, I believe this is a disservice to Scientologists. It's not even like kindergarten, done over and over again, where the only real problem is that the chair-desks get smaller and smaller each year until you finally get stuck in them. At least in kindergarten you get juice and nap time every day, and you learn your ABC's.

Marty's blog refuses to teach Scientologists the ABC's of Scientology, and he denigrates and discredits those lessons as coming from "haters".

Again, I believe that this is ultimately a disservice to Scientologists.

But he IS beginning to expose some of the things he did as the Overseer of OSA - after a year and a half - and this will inevitably lead some of them to wonder how OSA is different from the GO, and why LRH might have set up the GO....

It has been suggested that Marty himself is mentally and emotionally incapable of handling recently escaped Scientologists responsibly.

I think this might be true.

As long as people graduate from Marty's blog fairly rapidly, and allow themselves to read and think with new information about Scientology and L Ron Hubbard, then I'm happy.

But if they get stuck there, and Marty just continues Hubbard's indoctrination on them, then I believe that Marty is no better for them than the cult.

But who am I?

Per Marty, I'm just a hater.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Hmm... maybe that's why my comments on his blog were never accepted, as far as I know. I always point out that what is going on, now, is continuance of Hubbard's own patterns, actions and policies (Command Intention), rather than a David Miscavige aberration.