What's new

Source Magazine Issue 193 circa August 2007 includes new DM courses

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
Why? They belong on this thread. Is Pierre so important that his every comment commands a new thread?

Paul (who also started a new thread on Power. :))

Well, dammit, I'M going to start a thread on Power then. Which should be interesting because I don't know a damn thing about it.

Pascal

Silver Meritorious Patron
Well, dammit, I'M going to start a thread on Power then. Which should be interesting because I don't know a damn thing about it.

To hell with you all! I'm gonna start my own forum on Power! Aaarh!

200px-CaptainMcCallister.png

:D

Terril park

Sponsor
Why? They belong on this thread. Is Pierre so important that his every comment commands a new thread?

Paul (who also started a new thread on Power. :))

The forum is so busy I asumed I couldn't find the right thread again.
Probably a bad assumtion.

What's your excuser? :)

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
The forum is so busy I asumed I couldn't find the right thread again.
Probably a bad assumtion.

What's your excuser? :)

Fair enough. (I find threads again using the Search function. Just search for "power" and it will come up easily enough.)

I thought mine would end up being a long thread, with posts on the four flows of Pr Pr 5 and Pr Pr 6, as well as comments about 1, 2 and 3. Now, I see that these will not be necessary.

Paul

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I had once said to Bea on this board that I had heard that you had to do the Alternate Route to attest to Clear now. I couldn't remember where I read it.

I found it. It is from Miss X on XSO. Since she gave me an OK to repost any of her posts, here it is.

Bold emphasis mine.

...as unbelievable as it may seem, that's an AVERAGE of time on the RPF because (as Bruce Hines also mentioned), it has been made impossible to get through because of the Golden Age of Tech Degrades going on within the church.

You don't start coauditing until after you do all of your training and pass several instant read and F/N videos which no one on the approval line can agree on -- so this is your first year (if not longer). You then have an arbitrary program because DM discovered that no one is really clear if they didn't do R6EW and the full clearing course route, so your clear status has to be sorted out for twinning and programming purposes, the truth rundown can't properly EP because the psycho stuff you ACTUALLY SAW doesn't just "blow".

The FPRD (which was revised and reissued by DM in LRH's name) takes forever and then you have a fabricated 15 question "final assessment" asking for ev purps on DM, RTC, etc.that has to be taken to a clean assessment which I have no words for except SQUIRREL as you mix FPRD with assessment tech and it doesn' t matter how many times you take a question to F/N, it gets asked again in an assessment and if the needle is not clean throughout the whole assessment, you're re-doing it again.

I've documented people getting this assessment 800 times and spending 2-4 years on it -- even people who went to the RPF as an FSO Page or an FLB Cleaner who never met DM. I proposed a handling when I was on the FLB RPF in 2004 and I understand from people who were there at the time, DM rejected it out of hand, saying it stays the way it is and he told the 2 people in Snr C/S Int Office who forwarded my proposal that they were declared.

The RPF today has nothing to do with rehabilitation. And in my view, the whole church has turned into one big squirrel group under DM which is rapidly sinking.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
(Source = Miss X) You then have an arbitrary program because DM discovered that no one is really clear if they didn't do R6EW and the full clearing course route...

Anyone know how DM got around that 1978 LRH "Dianetic Clear" HCOB?

I'm not discussing the rights or wrongs of the two approaches. I am wondering how he has managed to nullify the LRH HCOB, if in fact that is what now occurs.

Paul

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
Bea this is not about this thread but you may know of me. Did you know Nathaniel and Dan?

IF you did did you know me in about 1999-2000. I was there and one time I raised hell because they were going to change my auditor.

I use to sit in the HGC watching The Griffith observatory.

I am not a small girl.

Barb

When I was still in, up to 2004, in ASHO, it was delivered as a course. The checksheet is an old BTB and I think most of the issues are too. They are not converted to LRH only. The checksheet, as of that time, was still "old". But they needed people trained on it. So they did that course.

I think, if I remember right, you can do it as part of the Class VI auditor Internship.

As soon as DM finds out people are doing that checksheet, it will be another flap, round of RPF assignments and SP declares for the Senior C/S Int office, for not getting a proper checksheet out. Sad, but I am sure that type of thing would happen.

Then they would pull the checksheet and course. And no training would get done. And unless DM pushes it to the end, the new course will not be made and released.

And until many people are stopped on the Bridge because of no Power auditors (because they all got declared or died of old age), then the checksheet would come out, with DM "taking out all stops and arbitraries".

What a puss.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Bea this is not about this thread but you may know of me. Did you know Nathaniel and Dan?

IF you did did you know me in about 1999-2000. I was there and one time I raised hell because they were going to change my auditor.

I use to sit in the HGC watching The Griffith observatory.

I am not a small girl.

Barb

Maybe. PM me. I know Nathaniel and Dan. They are in my age group. I know them decently well.

Div6

Crusader
Anyone know how DM got around that 1978 LRH "Dianetic Clear" HCOB?

I'm not discussing the rights or wrongs of the two approaches. I am wondering how he has managed to nullify the LRH HCOB, if in fact that is what now occurs.

Paul

Well, from reports arriving daily they TE you for a CCRD, and then drain your bank accounts until you "give" and un attest yourself. If you don't unattest yourself you are given an ethics program to get through ...

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Well, from reports arriving daily they TE you for a CCRD, and then drain your bank accounts until you "give" and un attest yourself. If you don't unattest yourself you are given an ethics program to get through ...

I got the idea from that Miss X quote that DM had somehow reverted the tech to nullify the whole idea of Dn Clear.

If it just done through inval and group agreement, that is different, and I understand how that would work. :)

Paul

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I got the idea from that Miss X quote that DM had somehow reverted the tech to nullify the whole idea of Dn Clear.

If it just done through inval and group agreement, that is different, and I understand how that would work. :)

Paul

I believe I know who Miss X is referring to. If so, I was on tech lines slightly longer than she.

I can tell you that Dn Clear was still possible when I was in. Very much so.

BUT, past life Clear was very much in question, and needed to be proven.

If a person had Dianetics auditing and had the Clear cognition, with enough hours of Dianetics, there was no concern about that person not being Clear.

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
I tried to yesterday but I could not as you are not accepting PMs.

Dan is large part of why I am out here and found the truth.

You can PM me. I may know you then. It is best not to get into it here as it is very hurtful to me still. I told my counselor about it the last time I was there and I promply came home went to a class and fell and hurt myself. So it is not always wise to talk of it.

Barb

Maybe. PM me. I know Nathaniel and Dan. They are in my age group. I know them decently well.

ThisFenceHurts

Patron with Honors
In response to what's happening at Flag, I can say this...the crush to get public on The Basics has resulted in several new courserooms being opened. In fact, at one point, the Crystal Ballroom was being used as an overflow courseroom. Whether this is still the case, I cannot say.

Having been there for a tour of the facilities (what can I say, I was curious to see what the sales pitch was this time), I can attest that there were literally hundreds and hundreds of students there. Courserooms were packed.

I was already privately out, and had been for years (still have family in though) - I thought they might have even declared me, but they have relaxed the rules for the Basics courses somewhat and are granting special clearance for people usually not allowed on the base. They have been contacting all kinds of people, even some Clw declared SPs, offering them a tour of the new Basics courserooms and the chance to come in and do some courses.

Because of the enforcement - including personal home visits by teams of SO to handle anyone who won't come in and start course (even offering immediate in-home ARCX sessions to find out why the person doesn't want to come in) and incessant phone calls (thank Pete they ain't got my number!), the stats are UP - or I should say were as of August 2007. Of course, there will be the inevitable stat crash that comes after a stat push, but rumor has it that DM has another round of books and lectures...remember, he has only released the GAK Congresses and Basics - lowest level stuff.

Still to come will be the ACCs and a new Tech Dictionary (which has been piloted at Tampa Org for years), and with the incorporation of computerized HGCs, I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of push to have Scns install some sort of computer program. I once heard rumor of an online database of LRH materials that would be accessible online via a member login. Maybe some sort of tracking cookie will be installed when you visit the site and then CoS can immediately start compiling a list of those who are paying lip-service by signing on but then later going to critical sites.

And so much for the supposed increased speed in being able to study the Basics with the new sooper-dooper editions...shouldn't everyone who started be done by now?

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I'll bet when the new tech dictionary comes out everyone will have to re-do all of their courses. Because obviously they have MU's.

And guess who has to fork over more money for that? :wink2:

(BTW: The tech dictionary has been "being piloted" at least since 98. Its all over Flag, or it was when I was there. ITO has it too. Likely other SO orgs too).

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
(BTW: The tech dictionary has been "being piloted" at least since 98. Its all over Flag, or it was when I was there. ITO has it too. Likely other SO orgs too).

It started being piloted around 1990, I believe.

In 1987 in PAC, some smart local guy collected up all the "hard-to-find" card indexes from the PAC courserooms (inclusing NWC and ITO/ITS), and typed them into a word-processing file. He then printed them out, and gave the courserooms printed copies of what was previously on card indexes. I don't know if it worked the other way too, but in ITO I had access to the hard-to-find collections of AOLA, ASHO, LAD, LAF etc.

Some of the cards were silly, of course, but at least the student had power of choice over them, as each page carried the warning "This is NOT source data: use at your own risk" etc., which was totally fine in my book.

Around 1988 all these, along with the card indexes, got picked up and confiscated.

It wasn't too long after that that the "official" hard-to-find version appeared, along with the pilot tech and admin dictionary.

I would have preferred to still have the old one that got nuked, though.

Paul

Terril park

Sponsor

In 1987 in PAC, some smart local guy collected up all the "hard-to-find" card indexes from the PAC courserooms (inclusing NWC and ITO/ITS), and typed them into a word-processing file. He then printed them out, and gave the courserooms printed copies of what was previously on card indexes. I don't know if it worked the other way too, but in ITO I had access to the hard-to-find collections of AOLA, ASHO, LAD, LAF etc.

Some of the cards were silly, of course, but at least the student had power of choice over them, as each page carried the warning "This is NOT source data: use at your own risk" etc., which was totally fine in my book.

Around 1988 all these, along with the card indexes, got picked up and confiscated.

It wasn't too long after that that the "official" hard-to-find version appeared, along with the pilot tech and admin dictionary.

Paul

As it happens, via many squirrel contacts and dead agents I have an
excellent supplement to the tech dictionary.

I can copy it and mail it to anyone who can put it on the net.

In fact I may have done that already, but hey, twice is nice. :)

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
As it happens, via many squirrel contacts and dead agents I have an
excellent supplement to the tech dictionary.

I can copy it and mail it to anyone who can put it on the net.

In fact I may have done that already, but hey, twice is nice. :)

Sounds like the sort of resource IFA Mike might put online.

Paul

Terril park

Sponsor
Sounds like the sort of resource IFA Mike might put online.

Paul

I thought he did but can't find it. Its about 90 pages of A4. Excellent quotes,
virtually all LRH. TI's sig line def of " Magic" came from there.

As far as I know there should be no copyright problem with definitions/dictionary material, but IANAL.

Anyone who wants to put it on a website I can copy and snail mail.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat

Paul

The Class VIII Sup at AOLA, who put the "hard to find" Class VIII references on her personal computer, to help her students.....

....was imprisioned, sec checked, and put on baby watch by RTC for a year.

Probably not "the move". :(