What's new

SP Times - The Money Machine Part 4

Sindy

Crusader
The main thing that has kept Scientology going and that enabled it to build such large "cash reserves" is the INSANE DEMAND.

Hubbard built the notions of "persistence", "intention", "removing counter-intention", "never giving up", "Tone 40", "unreasonableness", "making it go right despite all odds", and "demand" into the very fabric of the subject of Scientology. The idea of the "product officer" is to maintain extreme demand for products - every second of every day. These severe concepts of demand and control exist all throughout the practices and behaviors of Scientology.

People like Charmaine Roger, David Light or Sonja Caccavella (Jacques) have "mastered" the ideas and the behaviors. Hy Levy used the same ideas when he was in. They can keep pushing and pushing forever. Hubbard taught them well.

Without this incredible "we come back" (to reg you over and over and over) attitude, it could never have kept going.

This attitude of SEVERE DEMAND is drilled into every staff member and public. The extreme pressure starts at the top and flows down through the "command channels" with a brutal severity. I noticed and disliked this back in 1977. It has only gotten worse as Hubbard implemented his "fine-tuned new management system" in the early 1980s, and as this system better "removed all stops and arbitraries" from management lines.

Granted, severe demand and pressure alone would be insufficient. The belief that "Scientology is Man's only hope" is the other aspect of all this, that when accepted as true, excuses and justifies the severe pressure and constant force.

The end justifies the means.

The "end" is the notion that "Scientology works and only Scientology can help Mankind". The "means" are the many tricks, lies and CONSTANT FORCE that are used to achieve the "end".

For me, I NEVER in all of my life EVER saw the high degree of pressure, demand and force that existed in standard Scientology operations. And, that was back in the 1970s and 1980s when I was in the Sea Org. That it is even WORSE today is simply amazing. :omg:

There have been a few times, in the "wog" world, where my product officer type viewpoint has been met with a certain amount of polite disdain, even from a boss I was working to impress. One time a boss told me that he wanted me to tone down my sales rhetoric because he felt I sounded like a carnival barker! I actually had to look it up as I had never even heard of that and of course, I thought he was part of the "soft sell" world too afraid to ask for a product. :duh:

There have been a number of occasions where I have been relieved of my frantic need to get a product now! now! now! out in the real world, where I was allowed to do the necessary actions to build solid relationships, etc.

The product officer thing has been a double edged sword for me and mostly balanced toward destruction. I know I have a hard time doing organize steps thinking that every moment has to be spent on the final product. It's a big problem for me.

Screw you Scientology!!! :p :bleh:

Last edited:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
My heart breaks for those who lost or sold homes because of their involvement with CofS, and who liquidated inheritances, retirement funds and other savings and who now have nothing.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Does anyone remember- several years ago on OCMB- there was a link to a site where it was all these happy CofSers talking about donating to their idle orgs? It seemed to be a compilation of messages and wins or something, from various churchies and all pertained to the idle org program.

I can no longer find it. It was one of the most distressing sites I've ever seen. It had people posting stuff like "so what if it's my inheritance, my eternity is more important, so they can have my inheritance" (that's not verbatim but it's pretty much what I remember seeing). It really really bugged the hell out of me.

Sindy

Crusader
Does anyone remember- several years ago on OCMB- there was a link to a site where it was all these happy CofSers talking about donating to their idle orgs? It seemed to be a compilation of messages and wins or something, from various churchies and all pertained to the idle org program.

I can no longer find it. It was one of the most distressing sites I've ever seen. It had people posting stuff like "so what if it's my inheritance, my eternity is more important, so they can have my inheritance" (that's not verbatim but it's pretty much what I remember seeing). It really really bugged the hell out of me.

Well, when church members are destitute they won't be helped by the cult. The cult will chew them up and spit them out.

namaste

Silver Meritorious Patron
My heart breaks for those who lost or sold homes because of their involvement with CofS, and who liquidated inheritances, retirement funds and other savings and who now have nothing.
"nothing" is right. They have absolutely NOTHING to show for the money that they have parted with.
I feel heartbroken for them too.

FoTi

Crusader
I have this idea that Superpower will never be released until all of those who have donated to SP are dead and gone. :eyeroll:

Sindy

Crusader
I have this idea that Superpower will never be released until all of those who have donated to SP are dead and gone. :eyeroll:

Possibly, he'll show how LRH said it was for staff, first and foremost and then convince the parishioners that the planet will be cleared much more quickly by doing what Ron said and then he'll pretend to be getting the staff through. There will be lots of initial fanfare and obscured activity that people can vaguely sense but never prove. Everyone will get the idea that it is being delivered when it isn't. It will take years for anyone to notice.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Well, you had to admit. . .

If you are a criminal cult hellbent on stealing money and not getting caught, that's a pretty SuperPowerful technology!

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I am rather sure that the main rationalization that the cult would use-both as a cynical cult manipulation thing and as a true believer thing- is "what's x number of dollars/time/etc compared with your eternity and your spiritual well being."

And I know money isn't everything.

But the cult uses this to get people to keep paying while DM runs around gambling, living in the lap of luxury, etc- AND filing frivolous lawsuits and hiring PIs.

I also want to say that there is not nor should there be a correlation between amount of money spent and spiritual achievement.

The above rationalization is something that in reality, I'd only apply to a question like "well, it takes so much TIME to meditate or to study X religion". AND, I add, that would be up to me, it would be up to you, it would be up to that person. It isn't up to someone else how much time we're gonna spend- because it's OUR road, not theirs. And it for damn sure isn't up to anyone else what money we should spend, who we should associate with, do we really not need that house or IRA or 401k.

Even if there were a trade off in enlightenment, it would still be an insane self serving justification.

But while we're at it- why don't we look at the question "is ther ea trade off in enlightenment?"

Ok, how are the OTs you've met doing? The Clears? The Grade 4s? Are they happier, are their home lives more harmonious, are they doing more for the planet?

Well, I don't really want to judge my fellow human being that much- I hate it when people do it to me- but just my own personal observation- I'm not seeing that these other folks know the secrets of the universe, are playing a better game, are doing more for others, are happier on a personal level, that their kids are happier. I'm just not. I'm not seeing Scn boddhisattvas.

Ok, what about my own experience? Was I one?

No. I got some "gains" and I'd never deny them (something for which I've garnered occasional flak). But I was no enlightened being.
I also feel that the pain this organization caused me greatly offset the gains I truly did have. And knowing that others have had a much worse time than I did and are physically broken, financially unstable, are still looking for their families- well, I can't speak for them but it does not sound like the trade off for them is looking so great.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
As this is Thanksgiving over here in the U.S. I should say that I'm very thankful for the SP Times. :yes:

They're actually changing their name to the "Tampa Bay Times", but they'll always be the SP Times to me. :biggrin:

Here's a few pics taken from Part 4 of the series:

Day4Front.jpg

CindyP.jpg

GoldShovel-1.jpg

In that 3'rd picture there is an illustration of what is supposed to be David Miscavige. Now this is where I take issue with the artist. That person is WAY to tall to be a likeness of Miscavige. :coolwink:

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thanks PTS.

Seeing what the SP Times looks like is impressive. The links don't do it justice. This is a big deal.

I had NO idea that the Soup for Power building was THAT big.