Sparrow now set to be arrested for stalking!
I am asking each person to reads this to take action. Brian Mandigo AKA Sparrow has been notified to turn himself in to face criminal charges no later than 8-5-2010. The DC Police Department has decided to present Kim Bellotte's complaint of stalking to a prosecutor and they found cause to have a warrant issued for his arrest. FACT
I don't want to hear all the usual bull about how a million protesters are going to hit the ORG with protest nor your ideas on what you think the law is. This is a time for action not venting. If you feel someone should notify the press THEN YOU DO IT!
More over this is a free speech issue and I believe the ACLU should be involved here. I am asking each of you to do the following:
1. Email the ACLU at their main email Send page by e-mail | American Civil Liberties Union
2. Call the main number 212-549-2500
3. Email the DC office [email protected]
4. Call the DC office 202-457-0800
5. Inform them that you are a protester and a concerned citizen and that you are petitioning them to represent Brian Mandigo in a case where he has been targeted for a false charge of stalking for exercising his constitutional right to protest. Advise them the DC office has his contact information and should support him. You might state the known concerns that lawyers often refuse to take on the COS and only the likes of the ACLU can give him proper representation. I know as a protester I am also concerned about a chilling effect that this action might have on free speech, if you feel the same you might want to share that too.
6. Remember this is not your case, it is Brian's. Don't try to argue the facts of it the the person answering the phones at the ACLU or start talking about Xenu. We are after Brian getting a chance to defend himself not making someone hear every point we think they should.
7. Share this information with as many people you can and get them to call and email the ACLU. The ACLU often only takes cases of public interest and it is our job to let them know the public is interested.
8. Make videos on the subject and forward them to the ACLU and others.
9. Last but not least PROTEST! If you are sitting behind your computer, now is the time to let the cult know Free Speech is just that.
10. If anyone knows how to set up a automated petition that can email the ACLU please let me know. Also I am looking for a place on the net where anyone that has ever received a TRO Notice or Cease and Desist can post them in one place for download. It would be nice if someone could go into court showing 50 TRO's and 100 C&D's to show a pattern of abuse.
Again I can not stress enough that this is a case of put up or shut up, lead or get out of the way!