What's new

Sparrow now set to be arrested for stalking!

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Sparrow: 3 words: GET AN ATTORNEY!
No fail---no fail. (Sorry for the caps---I know you know
this, but it was the one thing Keith Henson didn't do, that very well could have changed everything for him).

Tory/Magoo

Not true. Keith Henson got attorneys every time he could and he could afford them. He never made a choice not to have an attorney. That's a bit of 'urban legend' :)

He did make a lot of mistakes, but, that wasn't one of them.

Zinj

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Cross posted from here:

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/328-...ow-set-arrested-stalking-70277/9/#post1300738

Hi everyone. I'm being super careful about not saying anything that could come back to haunt me..

but the ACLU is not interested in dealing with the criminal part of this case. Here is part of the email that my contact sent me (after s/he called me asking if there was anything I could do to make the phone calls stop - s/he said their lines were swamped with people supporting me! ~Thanks!~) I told this person that if they sent me an email detailing what the deal was that I would cut and paste it. Here it is:

Regarding the divide between civil and criminal litigation: the ACLU works to defend constitutional rights and concentrates on civil actions where a plaintiff brings suit against the government for a constitutional violation. These cases typically involve unsettled legal questions regarding constitutional rights, and the office litigates these cases in the hopes of changing policies that we believe are unconstitutional.

Our attorneys are experienced civil litigators, but criminal cases involve an entirely different set of procedural rules and, broadly speaking, require a different sort of expertise. Because of this divide, the ACLU exclusively litigates civil actions, while other organizations (such as public defender services) specialize in criminal defense.

We wish you the best of luck finding a criminal defense attorney who can help you in your pending case."

And for the record this person was extremely interested, helpful, and professional both times that I spoke with this person.

So that's the only update for now. I will be checking in for booking tomorrow morning and will hopefully be checking out tomorrow afternoon. Worst case scenario is that I don't get processed fast enough tomorrow morning and will then have to spend the night.

Ah well.. minor inconvenience in the big scheme of things. The cult is getting desperate.. keep up the pressure but proceed with caution. :) And thanks again and again and again to everyone.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Again, to be careful, unless you can get through arraignment/bail hearing by Friday you may be stuck till Monday, which is what Scn will try to manipulate, by throwing any monkeywrench in the machinery they can.

Zinj

Sign of Success

Patron with Honors
Keith Henson???
LOL

I really hope that Brian (anonsparrow) is not like that guy!

About Keith Henson:
On July 19, 2000, Keith Henson was arrested by the Riverside County, California, Sheriff’s Office for making terrorist threats on the Internet against the Church of Scientology. On April 26, 2001, a jury found Henson guilty of having committed a hate crime under section 422.6 of the California Penal Code. Henson was scheduled to appear for sentencing on May 16, 2001, but failed to appear and the Judge was forced to issue a warrant for his arrest. He soon surfaced in Canada where he was arrested by Immigration authorities for having failed to disclose his conviction in the United States. Henson was released on bail in Canada pending a final disposition of his case and was restrained from coming within 100 feet of any Scientology Church.
But as earlier as 1982, as part of the divorce proceedings between Henson and then wife Carolyn Meinel, Carolyn filed a signed affidavit of her expenses that Henson needed to cover as part of his spousal support. Listed under medical expenses were:

“$6,000 since May 1981 includes [an] operation and four-day hospital stay [for one of his daughters]; … psychological counseling for [two of his daughters] as a result of father’s sexual molestation of them.”

Also in the case file was a note that Henson molested his two oldest daughters, at the time 12 and 13. Carolyn requested that Henson be jailed if he did not receive psychological counseling on the matter.

In 1987 Henson developed an interest in cryonics (the practice of freezing dead bodies in the belief that scientists will revive them sometime in the future). Henson, his wife and his two-year old daughter signed up with Alcor Life Extension Foundation, the organization that handles the freezing and storage of bodies or heads. Henson himself took part in the procedure of freezing people’s bodies.

In that same year, Henson founded the Far Edge Committee. The group’s sole purpose was to plan the “Far Edge Party”, a gathering of “downloaded multiple selves” (assuming one could make many copies of oneself and download them into space) that was to be held in the far-off future on the other side of the Milky Way.

Well Anonsparrow has a secret dirty life, but I wish him, not be like that Hanson!

AnonKat

Crusader
SIGN OF SUCCES IS POSTING SHIT STRAIGHT OF RELIGIOUS FREEDOM WATCH WITHOUT GIVING A LINK TO IT

Keith Henson???
LOL

I really hope that Brian (anonsparrow) is not like that guy!

About Keith Henson:
On July 19, 2000, Keith Henson was arrested by the Riverside County, California, Sheriff’s Office for making terrorist threats on the Internet against the Church of Scientology. On April 26, 2001, a jury found Henson guilty of having committed a hate crime under section 422.6 of the California Penal Code. Henson was scheduled to appear for sentencing on May 16, 2001, but failed to appear and the Judge was forced to issue a warrant for his arrest. He soon surfaced in Canada where he was arrested by Immigration authorities for having failed to disclose his conviction in the United States. Henson was released on bail in Canada pending a final disposition of his case and was restrained from coming within 100 feet of any Scientology Church.
But as earlier as 1982, as part of the divorce proceedings between Henson and then wife Carolyn Meinel, Carolyn filed a signed affidavit of her expenses that Henson needed to cover as part of his spousal support. Listed under medical expenses were:

“$6,000 since May 1981 includes [an] operation and four-day hospital stay [for one of his daughters]; … psychological counseling for [two of his daughters] as a result of father’s sexual molestation of them.”

Also in the case file was a note that Henson molested his two oldest daughters, at the time 12 and 13. Carolyn requested that Henson be jailed if he did not receive psychological counseling on the matter.

In 1987 Henson developed an interest in cryonics (the practice of freezing dead bodies in the belief that scientists will revive them sometime in the future). Henson, his wife and his two-year old daughter signed up with Alcor Life Extension Foundation, the organization that handles the freezing and storage of bodies or heads. Henson himself took part in the procedure of freezing people’s bodies.

In that same year, Henson founded the Far Edge Committee. The group’s sole purpose was to plan the “Far Edge Party”, a gathering of “downloaded multiple selves” (assuming one could make many copies of oneself and download them into space) that was to be held in the far-off future on the other side of the Milky Way.

Well Anonsparrow has a secret dirty life, but I wish him, not be like that Hanson!

http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org/anti-religious-extremists/keith-henson/background-information/

A-non-non-anon

Patron with Honors
Maybe Sparrow can call in Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder to testify how this 'legal harassment' game is played :)

Zinj

They could.

Or they could give us Ken Moxon's head on a pike.

If the M&Ms want to show good faith to the critic community, opening Kenny-boy up to some legal Goatseation would be a damn fine way to do it.

Carmel

Crusader
This is just awful.

There's no doubt it's bogus, and that it shouldn't be, but the legal people probably don't know that like we do.

Sparrow is being fair gamed............It could only help to get the LRH ref's (as in confidential advices) on this kind of fair gaming/harassment, get those specific ref's to Sparrow who could then give them to his attorney, who could then maybe even present the true picture to the prosecutor.

Also the tip to get the details of the prosecutor to skydog via pm would be a good one.

Regardless, putting it in the hands of those who know how to deal with this shit in the legal arena and following their lead whilst tracking with them, is the way to go. Let the experts make the moves, but they'd maybe do better if given the pertinent dox we have access to, to *also* work with (like specific LRH advices, and affidavit's from people who have executed those advices).

Hang in there Sparrow.......All the best on this from Downunder, matey.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
This is just awful.

There's no doubt it's bogus, and that it shouldn't be, but the legal people probably don't know that like we do.

Sparrow is being fair gamed............It could only help to get the LRH ref's (as in confidential advices) on this kind of fair gaming/harassment, get those specific ref's to Sparrow who could then give them to his attorney, who could then maybe even present the true picture to the prosecutor.

Also the tip to get the details of the prosecutor to skydog via pm would be a good one.

Regardless, putting it in the hands of those who know how to deal with this shit in the legal arena and following their lead whilst tracking with them, is the way to go. Let the experts make the moves, but they'd maybe do better if given the pertinent dox we have access to, to *also* work with (like specific LRH advices, and affidavit's from people who have executed those advices).

Hang in their Sparrow.......All the best on this from Downunder, matey.

This is what Keith Henson tried to do.

It took his defense off of the target of DEFENDING AGAINST THE EXACT CHARGES AGAINST HIM, and he lost the case.

It's one of the most important lessons anyone could learn from those who have fought the cult before:

The Keith Henson Trial

The transcripts of his trial were on "operatingthetan.com" but that site is no longer up. I can't find the transcripts now. Those would come in very handy. I wonder who got them off the net?

It is important to read those transcripts. Because it shows Keith's mistakes.

The number one mistake Keith made was making the trial about Scientology, and NOT about the charges he faced.

MAKE YOUR DEFENSE ATTACK THE EXACT CHARGES FILED AGAINST YOU.

YOUR COURT CASE IS NOT ABOUT SCIENTOLOGY.

This is my free legal advice to AnonSparrow.

It took his defense off of the target of DEFENDING AGAINST THE EXACT CHARGES AGAINST HIM, and he lost the case.

It's one of the most important lessons anyone could learn from those who have fought the cult before:

The Keith Henson Trial

The transcripts of his trial were on "operatingthetan.com" but that site is no longer up. I can't find the transcripts now. Those would come in very handy. I wonder who got them off the net?

The number one mistake was making the trial about Scientology, and NOT about the charges he faced.

And it is a VERY GOOD point to make, Alanzo. The courts aren't especially interested in Co$ policies. They are concerned as to whether or not the letter of the law is being observed. As Alanzo says, Sparrow's best chance is to address the prosecutor's charges, not seek to redirect attention on the practices of the cult.

Mark A. Baker

Div6

Crusader
This is just awful.

Hang in there Sparrow.......All the best on this from Downunder, matey.

It should be lost on no one that they handed him his SP declare BEFORE this escalation.......as if to say, NOW we can lie, trick, harass and bear false witness with no regard to "justice".

Here is a link to an article about the US Atty in DC:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/04/18/AR2010041803651.html

Carmel

Crusader

The Keith Henson Trial

The number one mistake Keith made was making the trial about Scientology, and NOT about the charges he faced.

MAKE YOUR DEFENSE ATTACK THE EXACT CHARGES FILED AGAINST YOU.

YOUR COURT CASE IS NOT ABOUT SCIENTOLOGY.

Valid point when looking at a defence in court, but at this stage, isn't sparrow looking at avoiding it *getting* to that point, and hasn't he yet to report to the police over the matter?

I'm not sure how things work over there, but I figure that an attorney here would be looking at showing that the alleged charges are bogus, and why, and be trying to avoid it even getting to court in first place. An arrest doesn't necessarily equate to a court hearing.......Wouldn't now be the time to demonstrate why charges should be dropped, and that the matter shouldn't go any further?

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Silver Meritorious Patron
Valid point when looking at a defence in court, but at this stage, isn't sparrow looking at avoiding it *getting* to that point, and hasn't he yet to report to the police over the matter?

I'm not sure how things work over there, but I figure that an attorney here would be looking at showing that the alleged charges are bogus, and why, and be trying to avoid it even getting to court in first place.

I would guess that he might take his lawyer with him when he goes to turn himself in, just to make sure nobody takes advantage of him while he's proving himself law-abiding and cooperative.

Carmel

Crusader
I would guess that he might take his lawyer with him when he goes to turn himself in, just to make sure nobody takes advantage of him while he's proving himself law-abiding and cooperative.
Yeah Lyn, we'd hope that he would........It's the legal people who know best how to deal with these matters, and besides, ya usually get a raw deal if ya don't use them, coz it's frowned upon if and when ya don't support the system (in this country, anyway).

Div6

Crusader

I'm not sure how things work over there, but I figure that an attorney here would be looking at showing that the alleged charges are bogus, and why, and be trying to avoid it even getting to court in first place. An arrest doesn't necessarily equate to a court hearing.......Wouldn't now be the time to demonstrate why charges should be dropped, and that the matter shouldn't go any further?

Apparently an Officer has sworn out a probable cause affidavit to go to a judge for approval...in this instance they gave him the courtesy of alerting him to the fact before a warrent was signed for his arrest....procedurally, he should co-operate, but not say anything without representation. It has to go to the DA's office to see if he will prosecute. If the DA decides not to, then he can get the charges dropped and ask to have his record expunged. If the DA decides to go ahead to trial, then it becomes expensive. The DA could also try a negotiated settlement prior to trial....which is where having a criminal defense atty is a very good thing.

To my mind it is ridiculous that the DA would waste resources on this, unless it was being done as a "favour"......in which case it makes total sense.

your mileage may vary...