What's new

Sparrow now set to be arrested for stalking!

UkAnony

Patron Meritorious
Sparrow now set to be arrested for stalking!

I am asking each person to reads this to take action. Brian Mandigo AKA Sparrow has been notified to turn himself in to face criminal charges no later than 8-5-2010. The DC Police Department has decided to present Kim Bellotte's complaint of stalking to a prosecutor and they found cause to have a warrant issued for his arrest. FACT

I don't want to hear all the usual bull about how a million protesters are going to hit the ORG with protest nor your ideas on what you think the law is. This is a time for action not venting. If you feel someone should notify the press THEN YOU DO IT!

More over this is a free speech issue and I believe the ACLU should be involved here. I am asking each of you to do the following:

1. Email the ACLU at their main email Send page by e-mail | American Civil Liberties Union

2. Call the main number 212-549-2500

3. Email the DC office [email protected]

4. Call the DC office 202-457-0800

5. Inform them that you are a protester and a concerned citizen and that you are petitioning them to represent Brian Mandigo in a case where he has been targeted for a false charge of stalking for exercising his constitutional right to protest. Advise them the DC office has his contact information and should support him. You might state the known concerns that lawyers often refuse to take on the COS and only the likes of the ACLU can give him proper representation. I know as a protester I am also concerned about a chilling effect that this action might have on free speech, if you feel the same you might want to share that too.

6. Remember this is not your case, it is Brian's. Don't try to argue the facts of it the the person answering the phones at the ACLU or start talking about Xenu. We are after Brian getting a chance to defend himself not making someone hear every point we think they should.

7. Share this information with as many people you can and get them to call and email the ACLU. The ACLU often only takes cases of public interest and it is our job to let them know the public is interested.

8. Make videos on the subject and forward them to the ACLU and others.

9. Last but not least PROTEST! If you are sitting behind your computer, now is the time to let the cult know Free Speech is just that.

10. If anyone knows how to set up a automated petition that can email the ACLU please let me know. Also I am looking for a place on the net where anyone that has ever received a TRO Notice or Cease and Desist can post them in one place for download. It would be nice if someone could go into court showing 50 TRO's and 100 C&D's to show a pattern of abuse.

Again I can not stress enough that this is a case of put up or shut up, lead or get out of the way!

Div6

Crusader
From http://www.ncvc.org/src/main.aspx?dbID=DB_DistrictofColumbia114

D.C. Code § 22-503. Stalking. (2009)

(a) It is unlawful for a person to purposefully engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific individual:

(1) With the intent to cause that individual to:

(A) Fear for his or her safety or the safety of another person;

(B) Feel seriously alarmed, disturbed, or frightened; or

(C) Suffer emotional distress;

(2) That the person knows would cause that individual reasonably to:

(C) Suffer emotional distress; or

(3) That the person should have known would cause a reasonable person in the individual's circumstances to:

(C) Suffer emotional distress.

(b) This section does not apply to constitutionally protected activity.

(c) Where a single act is of a continuing nature, each 24-hour period constitutes a separate occasion.

(d) The conduct on each of the occasions need not be the same as it is on the others.

It sounds to me like someone has called in some favours on the DC MPD. This is another example of the continued policy by the CoS to use the law to harass. This really highlights how fascistic they really are, given that they have NO respect or concern for US consitutionally protected rights.

FoTi

Crusader
How in the hell did what Sparrow was doing turn into this? It doesn't make any sense. :confused2:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
How in the hell did what Sparrow was doing turn into this? It doesn't make any sense.

It's completely predictable 'Church' of Scientology behavior. When they think they *can*, they do things like this. See Keith Henson's case; so, it's something to take seriously, but, all he can do for the moment is turn himself in and hope it's something that he will be released on his own recognizance for, at which point he can begin to deal with whatever the background of the complaint is.

And, naturally he needs a lawyer.

Zinj

Zinjifar

And, unrelated to what he has to do *now*, the fact of the bogus TRO hearing *may* work against *them*.

Zinj

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
It's completely predictable 'Church' of Scientology behavior. When they think they *can*, they do things like this. See Keith Henson's case; so, it's something to take seriously, but, all he can do for the moment is turn himself in and hope it's something that he will be released on his own recognizance for, at which point he can begin to deal with whatever the background of the complaint is.

And, naturally he needs a lawyer.

Zinj

^^^ THIS.

Also, From WWP:

AUCTION FOR ANON SPARROW

AUCTION#2 FOR SPARROW BODY THETAN SHIRT

Div6

Crusader
And, unrelated to what he has to do *now*, the fact of the bogus TRO hearing *may* work against *them*.

Zinj

It would be interesting to compel the production of Belotte-Andrews PC folders, to ascertain just HOW MUCH emotional distress she has "experienced"....

Zinjifar

It did occur to me that this charge may have been made to bootstrap the TRO. Assuming it's prosecuted (or, even if not) they'll pull this out at the TRO hearing; 'your honor, he's been charged with criminal stalking'. So, if they get the TRO then, based on that, they then use the TRO to bootstrap the Stalking charge; 'your honor, he's had a Restraining Order filed against him'.

Bla bla

Zinj

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
It did occur to me that this charge may have been made to bootstrap the TRO. Assuming it's prosecuted (or, even if not) they'll pull this out at the TRO hearing; 'your honor, he's been charged with criminal stalking'. So, if they get the TRO then, based on that, they then use the TRO to bootstrap the Stalking charge; 'your honor, he's had a Restraining Order filed against him'.

Bla bla

Zinj

I would think that a halfways intelligent judge would see through this sort of circular reasoning, but yeah, stranger things have happened...

EDIT
Probably they think the chance of having TWO judges involved doubles their chances that some of the dirt they throw will stick.

Last edited:

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
With this: (b) This section does not apply to constitutionally protected activity.

This is the law. Regardless of scientology's take on the truth. How can they possibly win?

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
It would be interesting to compel the production of Belotte-Andrews PC folders, to ascertain just HOW MUCH emotional distress she has "experienced"....

Given Scientology's predilection for falsifying documents, I imagine the folder has already been "updated".

He-man

Hero extraordinary
With this: (b) This section does not apply to constitutionally protected activity.

This is the law. Regardless of scientology's take on the truth. How can they possibly win?

Well, it will create some trouble for Sparrow, it means he has to get a lawyer, spend time in court, even with small chances of them winning it means some emotional distress for him I´m sure.

And most importantly, it means he´s not outside the org protesting, creating a "win" for the people there. :grouch:

skydog

Patron Meritorious
If someone knows the name of the prosecutor assigned to the case can forward me the the contact information, please send me a PM.

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, it will create some trouble for Sparrow, it means he has to get a lawyer, spend time in court, even with small chances of them winning it means some emotional distress for him I´m sure.

And most importantly, it means he´s not outside the org protesting, creating a "win" for the people there. :grouch:

That is a lot of trouble, I have to admit.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Read what happened to Keith Henson.

Plus remember the "head on a pike" tech. Apart from keeping Sparrow personally away from the org, it is intended to intimidate other protesters.

Paul

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Plus remember the "head on a pike" tech. Apart from keeping Sparrow personally away from the org, it is intended to intimidate other protesters.

You are spot on Paul. I'm sure that that is at least part of their strategy.

I would like to see a "cult on a pike", and not *just* the head.

I will do anything I can to help Sparrow. I've got a couple things I can auction off and will send 100% of the proceeds to him. (minus the cost of an Ebay listing).