What's new

Speakers sought for Sun. April 13 (edited to reflect new date)

quiet helper

Dear Ex-Scn,

Hello, I hope it is okay for me to be here. I left a message in your guestbook:
Hello,

Speakers are sought for an event in Philadelphia PA on Saturday April 12 2008, related to the protests against Scientology centers. Philadelphia-area citizens are concerned about Scientology's practice of "Disconnection," and we would like to encourage our local media to cover a story about this subject. We seek volunteers who are free from 10-1 (or later) on April 12 who are willing to speak to the media and/or to the general public on the topic of Scientology and families. Please email me at oldanonisold at gmail.com (replace 'at' with @) if you are willing to volunteer. We are serious about holding a press conference and we want to help you deliver your message to the public.

Thank you for your consideration, and best wishes to all of you.
The message was edited to be illegible, so I re-edited it, but I decided to register to open a discussion here about finding speakers for April 12. I am interested in Philadelphia, but I believe that other cities are also welcoming former Scientologists as speakers at their demonstrations.

I would love to help put people in touch with each other (i.e., facilitate contact between Ex-Scn and Anonymous protestors). This is why I joined your forum. I am a long-time activist who has recently been made aware of the controversy surrounding Scientology, and I am in a position to help.

The April 12 2008 demonstrations will focus on families torn apart by Scientology's "Disconnection" policy. Many demonstrations (worldwide) will have a "family picnic" theme, where demonstrators will peacefully protest while showing support to those still inside Scientology, urging them to contact their families.

For now, I am looking for people to speak at the Philadelphia "picnic picket," however, I can also coordinate elsewhere. Please reply to this thread, or email or PM me with any questions.

I hope I am able to help you share your views with the people who need to hear them. I am at your service, Ex-Scn. Thank you for having me.

ozzie

Patron with Honors
Just wanted to say welcome! And thanks!:thumbsup:

Nice to know there are some wonderful caring people out there in this big wide world!

Don't know Philly nor have I ever been there - hope you have success

Regards
Ozzie

quiet helper

Hi Ozzie and thank you.

I was hoping to get some replies to this thread, because the Philadelphia activists really want to have speakers who are former Scientologists or family members of people still inside Scientology.

As it stands now, without any speakers booked, some of our activists are planning to prepare statements to deliver to the media. We may read excerpts from the letter that Jenna Miscavige Hill sent to Karin Pouw (Scientology spokesperson). This letter is here: http://www.scientologydisconnection.com/jennamiscavigehill.html We want to teach the public about Scientology's "Disconnection" policy; most people are unaware of it.

If anyone reading my request can put me in touch with any person willing to speak in Philadelphia on April 12, please PM or email me at oldanonisold @ gmail.com. Also, I have heard through the internet that almost every city is seeking speakers just as we are in Philly, and I would be glad to help put speakers in touch with organizers. Or, honestly, you can just show up at your local protest, introduce yourself, and ask to speak. This has already happened in several cities worldwide; there are some videos on YouTube featuring the families of Scientologists who want so much to see their loved ones.

You can try to reach me any time from now through April 11, and if you can send my message to anyone you know, please do. We want to help.

Thank you so much, and best to you all.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Scientology sells Disconnection. It sells it like it sells everything it sells; dishonestly.

Scientology will tell you that Disconnection is 'voluntary'. It will tell you that Disconnection is the last choice taken by a Scientology 'parishioner' when faced with opposition and oppression and bigotry and offensive antagonism against a freely chosen spiritual path.

Scientology will tell you that Scientology is about 'Communication' and always prefers to communicate up till the final moment when all the best will can't stop an irrational 'Suppressive Person' from interfering in the free spiritual choice of the Scientologist.

Scientology will tell you that every Scientologist is free to decide and determine with whom he communicates and that this is even part of the Scientology Creeds and Code, but, this is itself code for the lie.

Is Disconnection voluntary? A Scientologist is faced with an absolute mandate; when faced with opposition to Scientology, he must 'handle or disconnect'. There is no room for tolerance there. Either the opposition must cease, or the Scientologist must disconnect.

Most of us in the 'Wog' world are familiar with squabbles about religion and politics, and, most of us have achieved a level of tolerance and forbearance, even if it's only 'no talking about religion or politics at dinner'.

This is not good enough for Scientology, because tolerance for other ideas, much less opposition to Scientology itself is *intolerable*. A person who objects to Scientology is a *Criminal*. This is a point of religious dogma in Scientology. A person who objects to Scientology is a *criminal* whose only real objection is his fear of being 'found out' by Scientology.

Such a person is a *suppressive person*, and, any contact with a Suppressive Person will inevitably taint and cripple a Scientologist in his quest to cross the 'Bridge to Total Freedom'. Any contact. Either the opposition will be 'handled', or the Scientologist *must* disconnect. There's no room for 'difference of opinion'.

So; if you object to Scientology; if you fail to 'agree' with Scientology; if you persist in being unconvinced of the benign and admirable nature of Scientology *after* having been informed of it by a Scientologist...

Well, you are a criminal. You are a Suppressive Person, and, the Scientologist *must* cease all contact and communication with you lest he lose his 'Bridge to Total Freedom'.

Is this voluntary? Well, in many cases it is. It's Cut and Dried. It's simple, and yes, it's often voluntary. A Scientologist cannot 'agree to disagree' with you and still enjoy your company, because, your mere existence and communication will make him 'PTS', which means a 'Potential Trouble Source'. Merely by being near him, you will cause him to sicken and fail. If a Scientologist gets a cold; he will look for the SP Suppressive near him. If he has a fender bender; he will look for a Suppressive 'on his lines'.

If he doesn't get a job or falls in the shower or breaks a nail or burns his soufle; it was his contact with a 'Suppressive' that was behind it.

But, wait! There's More!

As should be obvious, a Scientologist can very easily decide to 'disconnect' from a 'Suppressive Influence', even a child or parent or beloved friend, and he *can* do so voluntarily.

But, he can also be *ordered* to Disconnect, even when he does *not* feel Suppressed. Because the *Church* of Scientology knows best, and, if a dear brother dares to speak out against the 'Church' of Scientology, even if you are not 'impinged' or 'suppressed' by his divergent views, well, then you will be *ordered* to disconnect from him. And, if you don't, you will have revealed that you too are a Suppressive Person, because, maintaining contact with a Suppressive Person is *itself* a crime and a Suppressive Act.

Even if you don't feel suppressed. If they 'Church' says you are; you must either disconnect or *you* will be disconnected from.

If you are in a Scientology family; noone will be allowed to speak to you or have anything to do with you. Or *they too* will be suppressive. If you work at a Scientology run company; you must be *fired*; or the owners and everyone else there will be 'declared' suppressive.

But, remember, it's all voluntary.

Like when the mugger holds the knife to your throat and says 'give me all your money'. That too is voluntary. You could just tell him to go screw himself. So, it's voluntary.

Or, when a terrorist holds a gun to a baby's head and orders a mother to comply. That too is voluntary; after all, nobody will *make* her.do anything.

Scientology Disconnection is extortion; and, all extortion is 'voluntary', if you accept Church of Scientology Brand Voluntary.

Scientology is a lie. It's always a lie. They lie about Xenu. They lie about money. They even lie about lying.

But, most of all, they lie about Disconnection. Because it's the only whip they've got to keep the slaves in line.

Joe Lynn

Terril park

Sponsor
Hi Ozzie and thank you.

I was hoping to get some replies to this thread, because the Philadelphia activists really want to have speakers who are former Scientologists or family members of people still inside Scientology.

As it stands now, without any speakers booked, some of our activists are planning to prepare statements to deliver to the media. We may read excerpts from the letter that Jenna Miscavige Hill sent to Karin Pouw (Scientology spokesperson). This letter is here: http://www.scientologydisconnection.com/jennamiscavigehill.html We want to teach the public about Scientology's "Disconnection" policy; most people are unaware of it.

If anyone reading my request can put me in touch with any person willing to speak in Philadelphia on April 12, please PM or email me at oldanonisold @ gmail.com. Also, I have heard through the internet that almost every city is seeking speakers just as we are in Philly, and I would be glad to help put speakers in touch with organizers. Or, honestly, you can just show up at your local protest, introduce yourself, and ask to speak. This has already happened in several cities worldwide; there are some videos on YouTube featuring the families of Scientologists who want so much to see their loved ones.

You can try to reach me any time from now through April 11, and if you can send my message to anyone you know, please do. We want to help.

Thank you so much, and best to you all.

I'll post a general request on some Freezone Forums for speakers everywhere. Should have thought of that before.

quiet helper

Terril park, thank you very much for spreading the word about our request for speakers. If we can't find anyone to talk, we would like to read statements about the Disconnection policy on behalf of the people who have posted such comments online. Zinjifar/Joe Lynn, may I have your permission to have someone deliver the message you posted (above) at our April 12 press conference? It would help us so much. Thank you.

quiet helper

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Philadelphia's Scientology org has blocked the demonstration that was scheduled for Saturday April 12; the protest/picnic and speeches have been moved to Sunday April 13. Speakers are still being sought. Thank you.

Information about the Philadelphia event is here: http://anon.pjb1.net and is subject to change. I will try to update this thread if I learn anything new.

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
I am going to the Buffalo, NY one. I am doing it for myself and to fight the wrongs and I can say I did not do anything.

In the future I can say I was there and I did something about it.

Barb

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Silver Meritorious Patron
Scientology sells Disconnection. It sells it like it sells everything it sells; dishonestly.

Scientology will tell you that Disconnection is 'voluntary'. It will tell you that Disconnection is the last choice taken by a Scientology 'parishioner' when faced with opposition and oppression and bigotry and offensive antagonism against a freely chosen spiritual path.

Scientology will tell you that Scientology is about 'Communication' and always prefers to communicate up till the final moment when all the best will can't stop an irrational 'Suppressive Person' from interfering in the free spiritual choice of the Scientologist.

Scientology will tell you that every Scientologist is free to decide and determine with whom he communicates and that this is even part of the Scientology Creeds and Code, but, this is itself code for the lie.

Is Disconnection voluntary? A Scientologist is faced with an absolute mandate; when faced with opposition to Scientology, he must 'handle or disconnect'. There is no room for tolerance there. Either the opposition must cease, or the Scientologist must disconnect.

Most of us in the 'Wog' world are familiar with squabbles about religion and politics, and, most of us have achieved a level of tolerance and forbearance, even if it's only 'no talking about religion or politics at dinner'.

This is not good enough for Scientology, because tolerance for other ideas, much less opposition to Scientology itself is *intolerable*. A person who objects to Scientology is a *Criminal*. This is a point of religious dogma in Scientology. A person who objects to Scientology is a *criminal* whose only real objection is his fear of being 'found out' by Scientology.

Such a person is a *suppressive person*, and, any contact with a Suppressive Person will inevitably taint and cripple a Scientologist in his quest to cross the 'Bridge to Total Freedom'. Any contact. Either the opposition will be 'handled', or the Scientologist *must* disconnect. There's no room for 'difference of opinion'.

So; if you object to Scientology; if you fail to 'agree' with Scientology; if you persist in being unconvinced of the benign and admirable nature of Scientology *after* having been informed of it by a Scientologist...

Well, you are a criminal. You are a Suppressive Person, and, the Scientologist *must* cease all contact and communication with you lest he lose his 'Bridge to Total Freedom'.

Is this voluntary? Well, in many cases it is. It's Cut and Dried. It's simple, and yes, it's often voluntary. A Scientologist cannot 'agree to disagree' with you and still enjoy your company, because, your mere existence and communication will make him 'PTS', which means a 'Potential Trouble Source'. Merely by being near him, you will cause him to sicken and fail. If a Scientologist gets a cold; he will look for the SP Suppressive near him. If he has a fender bender; he will look for a Suppressive 'on his lines'.

If he doesn't get a job or falls in the shower or breaks a nail or burns his soufle; it was his contact with a 'Suppressive' that was behind it.

But, wait! There's More!

As should be obvious, a Scientologist can very easily decide to 'disconnect' from a 'Suppressive Influence', even a child or parent or beloved friend, and he *can* do so voluntarily.

But, he can also be *ordered* to Disconnect, even when he does *not* feel Suppressed. Because the *Church* of Scientology knows best, and, if a dear brother dares to speak out against the 'Church' of Scientology, even if you are not 'impinged' or 'suppressed' by his divergent views, well, then you will be *ordered* to disconnect from him. And, if you don't, you will have revealed that you too are a Suppressive Person, because, maintaining contact with a Suppressive Person is *itself* a crime and a Suppressive Act.

Even if you don't feel suppressed. If they 'Church' says you are; you must either disconnect or *you* will be disconnected from.

If you are in a Scientology family; noone will be allowed to speak to you or have anything to do with you. Or *they too* will be suppressive. If you work at a Scientology run company; you must be *fired*; or the owners and everyone else there will be 'declared' suppressive.

But, remember, it's all voluntary.

Like when the mugger holds the knife to your throat and says 'give me all your money'. That too is voluntary. You could just tell him to go screw himself. So, it's voluntary.

Or, when a terrorist holds a gun to a baby's head and orders a mother to comply. That too is voluntary; after all, nobody will *make* her.do anything.

Scientology Disconnection is extortion; and, all extortion is 'voluntary', if you accept Church of Scientology Brand Voluntary.

Scientology is a lie. It's always a lie. They lie about Xenu. They lie about money. They even lie about lying.

But, most of all, they lie about Disconnection. Because it's the only whip they've got to keep the slaves in line.

Joe Lynn

To give you a small but concrete example of that: Two days after I told a friend of mine in the Church that I would no longer support the aims of David Miscavige, on the second day I received a phone call from a gentlemen from OSAPAC. This was after she told me that OSA no longer harrasses their critics as they did in the old days.

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
I will see about that. I did not promise to stay long. If it rains I will not do so.

I can't stand long so I will do what I can.

Anon said one would make a sign for me and I posted what I like to see.

I am not the protesting kind in some ways and yet I am in others.

After that my art and my life comes first over the church and any upset over it. I gave the church upset too much power over my life.

I don't even know why I am going but I am.

Barb

Barb,
Good deal. You'll have a blast at it.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Colleen, there's enough to protest that you can go and protest without even knowing what you're protesting spefically.

As Marlon Brando said when asked what he was revolting against...

Whatcha got?

You don't have to adopt 'anon' to object to Scientooogy; whichever part of it you choose to object to.

Zinj