What's new

Speculations on the IRS Takeover of the CoS

paul.spiritualquest

Patron with Honors
Let´s speculate a bit here on WHY and HOW did the IRS take over the management and financial structure of the Church of Scientology

The key data are:

1. LRH signed his new last will just one day before dying.
2. He was found with Vistaril, a psych drug in his body, by his coroner report.
3. He had signed a renunciation to be made an autopsy due to religious reason.
4. He was incinerated on the weekend, when there normally wouldn´t be any funerary service in the town.
5. His body was not to be left alone a single minute, as state by his lawyer Collier.
6. In his former last will he left many more funds to his family, leaving it all in this new last will to the Church.
7. The people close to him at his death or at the event, the Broekers are fully out of sight, so is Starkey, his trustee, as Collier, only DM being visible.
8. It contradicts his last order where he name the Brokers Loyal Officers, but here he names Starkey his trustee.
9. He left no note, although LRH was known for compulsively putting everything in writing.
10. LRH hated the IRS and fled from it all his life. He talked badly about the taxman. In the New Basic Edition, in the Ethics book, the derogatory statement about taxmen was changed! (So was his mention of Black Dianetics in the PDC)
11. The Church changed completely in their Ethics departments, and pcs were "prosecuted" internally to be completely complying with tax law, after the 1993 takeover. Funny no? The Way to Happiness was used for reference to that to comply with the laws of your country, though it is NOT Church material, as stated otherwise, but secular material...
12. After the RTC takeover, the church had a major exodus of members into the independent field, and franchises were taken over both administratively and financially.

If you believe this 12 facts are completely unrelated, watch the following link.

http://www.sc-i-r-s-ology.pair.com/contents/howirsruns.html

My take on it.

Starkey is probably the missing link between the IRS connection and the new takeover. Although an older SO member, and having been on the Apollo, he is now having a very low profile at events and so on, although he is one of the top guys of Church of Spiritual Technology. The actual holder of the TRADEMARKS of Scientology, and therefore the true money receiver.

One more interesting datum. The visible logo from upper sky of the Trementina Base, where all LRH´s materials are kept in titanium and other uncorrosive metals is the CST logo, not the Scientology logo, nor the RTC logo:

http://www.redicecreations.com/ul_img/1537cstbunker.jpg

To make it even more complicated, CST was created way before the takeover and LRH´s death, and just after the FBI raids, and top IRS-Scn. conflict.

It´s Board Members, are IRS "wog" lawyers. So that means the Church of Scientology is run by ex-IRS officials. Isn´t that weird?

Who knew Starkey? What can you tell about him? What´s his post now?

Could DM just be a plant of some kind? The awl is an old illuminati sign, meaning wisdom, the 2 eyes of an awl...

Mystic

Crusader
Oh good to see this posted. I've been dabbling in this for months. The deeper we go the uglier, and more bizarre, it gets.

Mystic

Crusader
We may not get the factual facts until the cult is completely dead and we can rummage through the corpse...if they don't destroy all the paperwork first.

paul.spiritualquest

Patron with Honors
Study the whole initial link

It is a very complex operation over 2 decades.

All the chronological thread with docs, that you can download alltogether is here:

http://www.sc-i-r-s-ology.pair.com/documents/documentsindex.html

The transfer from Hubbard´s estate into the hands of Starkey, Meade Emory´s "boy" is here:

http://www.sc-i-r-s-ology.pair.com/documents/1989-01-03closeprobate.html

Here is the bylaws of the corporation CST - Church of Spiritual Technology. By the way, open any Scn. book as of today, and the owner of all LRH´s books is CST, the copyright holder, surprise, surprise!! Check the library of Congress...

http://www.sc-i-r-s-ology.pair.com/documents/1982-06-07cstbylaws.html

Basically, these Bylaws grant the greatest power in the corporation to three non-Scientologist tax lawyers hand-picked by Emory and IRS, and appointed for life precisely for that job, the three Special Directors: Sherman Lenske, Stephen Lenske, and Lawrence E. Heller.

So, CST is a for-profit corporation, so it is not affected by the non-profit status and it owns ALL Scientology. Is headed by 3 NON-SCIENTOLOGISTS, put in by Meade Emory, ex-IRS official.

Six years later, the church is granted tax-exempt status, and there is an SPD stating that all Scientologist must become good citizens, and good taxpayers, which is enforced by the local Ethics Officers (it happened to me, several times, and specific questions on that, on sec checks, both in Flag and Local Org, etc...)

Read through the whole material, you will get a very clear picture, on what´s going on.

paul.spiritualquest

Patron with Honors
Owner of all Scn. materials

The owner is L.Ron Hubbard Library, and registered as such, which belongs to CST directly.

L.Ron Hubbard is NOT anymore the owner of the copyrighted materials.

rhill

Patron with Honors
Read through the whole material, you will get a very clear picture, on what´s going on.

I just asked for the composition of the board of directors as of now. The Bylaws are from 1982, and any of the special directors listed in there may or may not still be there. Your statement...

It´s Board Members, are IRS "wog" lawyers.

... implies you know who are the board members as of now. You got the latest annual report from CST?

As per sunbiz.org, I have:
* Bellin, Russell: Chairman, president
* McNairn, Jane: Chairman, president
* Wheelis, Michele: Chairman, president

But FL is not the home state of CST, it would be better if there was docs from CA.

paul.spiritualquest

Patron with Honors
Latest info

I don´t have the latest info on that. Would be great if you could get it and post it here, so we could track who they are.

Good idea.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Let´s speculate a bit here on WHY and HOW did the IRS take over the management and financial structure of the Church of Scientology

The key data are:

1. LRH signed his new last will just one day before dying.
2. He was found with Vistaril, a psych drug in his body, by his coroner report.
3. He had signed a renunciation to be made an autopsy due to religious reason.
4. He was incinerated on the weekend, when there normally wouldn´t be any funerary service in the town.
5. His body was not to be left alone a single minute, as state by his lawyer Collier.
6. In his former last will he left many more funds to his family, leaving it all in this new last will to the Church.
7. The people close to him at his death or at the event, the Broekers are fully out of sight, so is Starkey, his trustee, as Collier, only DM being visible.
8. It contradicts his last order where he name the Brokers Loyal Officers, but here he names Starkey his trustee.
9. He left no note, although LRH was known for compulsively putting everything in writing.
10. LRH hated the IRS and fled from it all his life. He talked badly about the taxman. In the New Basic Edition, in the Ethics book, the derogatory statement about taxmen was changed! (So was his mention of Black Dianetics in the PDC)
11. The Church changed completely in their Ethics departments, and pcs were "prosecuted" internally to be completely complying with tax law, after the 1993 takeover. Funny no? The Way to Happiness was used for reference to that to comply with the laws of your country, though it is NOT Church material, as stated otherwise, but secular material...
12. After the RTC takeover, the church had a major exodus of members into the independent field, and franchises were taken over both administratively and financially.

I’m all for a bit of speculation, but surely there has to be some solid basis from which to start? You appear to be starting from an initial premise that the IRS ‘took over’ the management and financial structure of Scientology. This has not been proven, and in fact, has been discussed here several times before and I see no new evidence to make me change my position.

The 12 points that you mentioned are indeed relevant, at least to people who were involved in Scientology and most especially to those who are still in the CoS. Looking at these and similar ‘outpoints’ led me to realise that something was wrong with the CoS and that I had been seriously mislead over the past 20 years.

But, most of these can be explained by the fact that Hubbard was not the all-powerful OT that he had been portrayed as and in fact, had suffered severe physical and mental degradation in the latter years of his life. This lead him to be cut off from the rest of the world and what was happening in his ‘church’, thus allowing Broeker and Miscavige to assume control. With Hubbard out of the way, Miscavige consolidated his power by having Broeker removed. These were my own conclusions, but were confirmed by Marty Rathbun in my recent conversations with him.

Points 10 and 11 can simply be explained by the fact that the CoS had signed an agreement with the IRS, part of that being that they would insist that all members would obey tax laws. And of course, they didn’t want to be seen to be ‘bad-mouthing’ the IRS.

Point 12. is explained by the rapacious greed and self-destructive tendencies of Miscavige.

Using the CST logo rather than the Scientology cross, double triangle or the RTC triangle is not really suspicious. Firstly, they might want to avoid the obvious association with the CoS and secondly, the CST was (supposedly) set up to preserve the ‘Tech’ by sealing stainless steel tablets etc in titanium boxes in various underground vaults. It is not unreasonable to assume that they would use their own logo to mark the position of these vaults, so that they could be found in the event of a cataclysmic event.

Could DM just be a plant of some kind? The awl is an old illuminati sign, meaning wisdom, the 2 eyes of an awl...

An ‘awl’ is, per my dictionary (Concise OED), “a small pointed tool used for piercing holes”. I wasn’t aware that this was used by the ‘illuminati’. And, how is this relevant to Miscavige or Scientology anyway? :confused2:

Axiom142

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
The owner is L.Ron Hubbard Library, and registered as such, which belongs to CST directly.

L.Ron Hubbard is NOT anymore the owner of the copyrighted materials.

Surely not a surprise?

Hubbard’s copyrights would expire 70 years after his death. Clearly, the CoS would want to avoid that as they want to hang onto their profits.

But, given the way things are going, I don’t this is going to be relevant as the CoS won’t be around for more than a few years more anyway.

Axiom142

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
This is all very delightfully mysterious!

But that website (http://www.sc-i-r-s-ology.pair.com), has been up since forever(?).. Since Jul 02, 2002 according to the WayBack machine:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.sc-i-r-s-ology.pair.com

Well, if it's all true, it's kind'a surprizing that the website is allowed to 'live'.. Not recognizable CoS behavior. And, if the conspiracy is this deep we would expect the might of the intire US government and it's intelligence services to help CoS get rid of this 'infamous leak' and the people responsible, don't you think?

Who are they anyway? - Back in 2002 it was perfectly reasonable for critics to be hiding.. Not so these days.

In fact.. I think it's just as likely that this is a piece of CoS manufactured misinformation.

That said.. The whole subject needs to be seriously looked into. CST is the owner of Scientology. And CST -IS- a very secretive and 'for profit' organization that owns secret underground vaults.

Thead about the vaults: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=9838

Any updates on the new vault at Sweeney Canyon, Wyo?

:yes:

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Having spent half an hour reading the materials you reference, here is my opinion.

CSI is complex corporation structured such that it maintains control over all copyrights and trademarks of scio. In large corporations it is standard procedure to hire a law firm specializing in corporate tax law to insure the company is adhering to all applicable tax laws. In this case, one of the most important jobs of the law firm is to insure that the CST maintains its non-profit status. This does not mean that the law firm nor the IRS 'controls' scio. Tax laws DO have an impact on how a corporation is run but only in the handling of its income.

As for the creation/dissolution for corps. and other wrangling stated in the reference material, I don't see anything suspicious. This is pretty normal activity for any corporation protecting it's copyrights, trademarks, subsidiaries and structure. Especially when it was trying to get non-profit status.

As an aside, I have run a small S-corporation in the USA and the board of directors only needs 2 people: the CEO (who can be the chairman) and a secretary.

paul.spiritualquest

Patron with Honors
Hi Axiom 142

there was a mistype:

owl, the bird. English is not my mother language and I mistyped.

the symbol of CST resembles clearly the two eyes of an awl. There is definitely no parallel in the two rombs and circles to any Scientology meaning whatsoever, be it the dynamics, or anything else. Just think about it, while ALL other Scientology symbols have a Hubbardian inherent explanation or meaning of some kind, are mostly in the Admin or Tech Dictionaries. All of the Scn. symbology is explained and created by Hubbard, but the symbol of CST, the main corporation where all the funds of all the Scientology pyramid end, so to say, IS NOT. Strikes to me as an important outpoint.

The owl is an old free-mason occult symbol for wisdom. And wisdom is what should be in those vaults with all of LRH´s legacy, so there is a somehow a strange coincidence.

more on the owl:
http://illuminatusobservor.blogspot.com/2008/04/owl-as-symbol-of-occult.html

Regarding the connecting the dots. Yes, I agree it is all traceable to the fact, that LRH was not the super OT we were made to believe he was, and in the end of his life some awkward power transfer happened. In that we agree. As well as on the rapacious nature of DM.

I´m not departing from a premise, but put on the title head the conclusion. I didn´t make the inferences EXPLICIT as before I put a whole link and later another whole thread with all the DOCUMENTS and exact cronology. It would take me very long to detail what can be read otherwise in that link, but:

1. The main point made is that there is a connection betwee Meade Emory (ex-Assistant Comissioner of IRS and Legislation Attorney to the Joint Committee of Taxation, two top posts, in the IRS and most concretely it´s legal dept.), a top ex-high tax official, and Founder of CST, via Sherman Lenske, Hubbard´s attorney.

2. The steps of the transfer of LRH´s estate from himself, via Norman Starkey to a Trust, and finally to CST.

This are steps 1. and 2. fuse over several years. So finally we have all of the estate of LRH transfered to a company whose initial Board of Directors are all tax lawyers, NONE IS A SCIENTOLOGIST, and whose founder is an ex-high ranking IRS official. Is that not enough of an outpoint and coincidence? Starkey had till 1993 to transfer the whole estate into CST from Author Services, and then CST becomes the mother corporation. L.Ron Hubbard Library is illegally working with this name, without it having acquired the rights

It´s a bit more complex, but this is basically the resume of the moves. Read the precise chronology, and steps and if there is anything that doesn´t or does make sense or strikes you, let´s get back.

paul.spiritualquest

Patron with Honors
Who is behind www.sc-i-r-s-ology.pair.com

I agree with Schwimmel Puckel, that it is kind of misterious who could be behind this info, but there is a hint.

Here is another link with the exact sequence of steps of the transfer of LRH´s estate:

http://www.sc-i-r-s-ology.pair.com/veritas/cst/copygrab.htm

Another link depicts the BOTWO the Squirrel, BOTWO, Standing for Based on the Works Of. Only a person loyal to the idea of squirreling would show this additional thread.

http://www.sc-i-r-s-ology.pair.com/veritas/mailings/anon2.htm

In my view, the people behind this page are ex-Scientologists from the Freezone somehow, or just people loyal to LRH affected or expulsed around or because of the takeover. (that´s why I put point number 12, which is the only one which is in no direct sense connected to the other 11 points)

We can discuss, wether it was an IRS takeover, although if you read the whole chronology and catch the main points, such as Meade being founder of CST, and then the whole estate of LRH being transfered there, if will be more clear. But there should be no doubt, there was a coup, which was effected legally too.

The Clam

Patron with Honors
Once the Cos created the Tax Compliance Office whose job it is to police the COS members to adherence to paying all back taxes owed to the
Federal Reserve Banking system no I mean the "IRS" (who is incorporated in Porto Rico) and keeping current with all state and federal taxes or the person in violation will be barred from further service even though they have money on account. This policy makes the COS an IRS member organization through the Law of Agency. So it doesn't matter who is on the board or who isn't the COS is part of the IRS tax collection system as are many other religious institutions. L.R.H. wrote " keep your taxes defensible". The War is over mantra was a scam cooked up between the IRS and COS to perpetuate the illusion that the COS really won something.What they lost is their rights to privacy and the 1 and 4 amendments. DM is a government man whose job it is to control and strip it members of all the money he can and steal from its staff members of as much time as they remain ignorant to the realities of his mission

paul.spiritualquest

Patron with Honors
Read thoroughly

Did you expect Meade Emory to become a used car seller after he left the IRS?

http://www.sc-i-r-s-ology.pair.com/veritas/cst/power.htm

Hey guys, read the whole material before making any quick assumption one way or the other. The illogics, behind the steps to transfer the whole LRH materials from LRH to Starkey and then to CST a corp. controlled by 3 tax "wog" lawyers, is kind of cheesy to say the least. But you have to study the whole steps, at least the graphs, if you consider reading all over all the docs is too much of a read.

CST is not just an "advicing" law firm, it is the OWNER of the whole library and trademarks, and Scn. runs FULLY on a trademark system nowadays, you are not granted trademark use, YOU CANNOT DELIVER, PERIOD. So CST is what LRH was before, adn CST was created by the top guy in the legal dept. of the IRS when the whole war between IRS and Scn. ensued. But you have to read deep to get the points, a quick reading over the site, won´t make, it was a complicated scheme of takeover, and it´s very well presented and documented here.

And I believe it is crucial to understand this, at least for those of us, who have lived the Miscavige Era.