SPs Discussing Pasadena being Dead

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
. . . and they do just great in the third world countries but as you point out, the broad masses of the people in the 3rd world can not afford services, any services at all. Even a simple comm course is probably 1 to 2 months pay in those countries.

I'm not up on the current CofS policies regarding international pricing. Wouldn't it be the case that the rates *for locals* would somewhat match the local cost of living? I know there used to be a problem with auditing rates being cheaper in, say, South Africa, and so Americans would jet to Johannesburg for 100 hours of auditing or something. It even used to happen when I was at Saint Hill. Before the prices started going up (LRH ED 284 16 Sept 1976 The Solution to Inflation [Ho Ho]) 12 1/2 hours auditing cost £75 [around $150-$175 then], Academy Levels 0-IV plus free Student Hat cost £200 total and had done for years. We used to get loads of public from the US and Europe, keen to get both cheap prices and enjoy services out in the country as opposed to the middle of a city.

At one time if someone visited from another country they had to pay the rates of the country they came from.

Anyone know the current policy the CofS is operating on in this regard?

I know that DM isn't interested in 100,000 natives doing the comm course and never being able to afford Flag Services, beyond the PR value in a video shown to people who do have the cash for Flag services.

Paul

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
from love bombing to the love of embalming

I had weird working hours, though, so I'm sure the mission had many more people after 5 pm. Maybe if I'd been lucky enough to go in the evening and had witnessed lovebombing interactions with other pcs, I'd have caught on to the con.

But probably not.

Perhaps the new ideal morgues, as some have re christened them on here, will live up to their name some day, if they get bought out, by, say, a chain of high end funeral parlors ... thereby going from lovebombing to the love of embalming. At least the places will be run by a higher class of ghouls.

Pete

A

Annonny

think of it as a "battered spouse"

does she press charges?

no

hahaha
Very true. Though sometimes the battered spouse snappes and shoots her husband in the head with his own shotgun. Let's hope it won't happen here.
If you've been following the dynamics of the Chidren of God, that's exactly what happened there - Ricky Rodriguez, the abused child brought up in the cult shot one of his abusers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Rodriguez

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Perhaps the new ideal morgues, as some have re christened them on here, will live up to their name some day, if they get bought out, by, say, a chain of high end funeral parlors ... thereby going from lovebombing to the love of embalming. At least the places will be run by a higher class of ghouls.

Pete

and maybe smell better.

lkwdblds

Crusader
You make several excellent points!

I'm not up on the current CofS policies regarding international pricing. Wouldn't it be the case that the rates *for locals* would somewhat match the local cost of living? I know there used to be a problem with auditing rates being cheaper in, say, South Africa, and so Americans would jet to Johannesburg for 100 hours of auditing or something. It even used to happen when I was at Saint Hill. Before the prices started going up (LRH ED 284 16 Sept 1976 The Solution to Inflation [Ho Ho]) 12 1/2 hours auditing cost £75 [around $150-$175 then], Academy Levels 0-IV plus free Student Hat cost £200 total and had done for years. We used to get loads of public from the US and Europe, keen to get both cheap prices and enjoy services out in the country as opposed to the middle of a city.

At one time if someone visited from another country they had to pay the rates of the country they came from.

Anyone know the current policy the CofS is operating on in this regard?

I know that DM isn't interested in 100,000 natives doing the comm course and never being able to afford Flag Services, beyond the PR value in a video shown to people who do have the cash for Flag services.

Paul

You make several excellent points! I thought of one of them, the prices being pegged to wages in the host country where the services are being offered. I did not think about the other prospect, the course rooms being flooded by tens of thousand of poor people wanting to do the comm course but having zero prospects of ever making it to Flag. That would probably be absolute hell for DM and Int Management!

Throngs of poor 3rd world people clamoring for Scio services would be a very powerful PR spectacle which DM could use to attract monied people to Flag.

I think it all just comes back to the fact that DM is exploring fields other than Scio training and processing, such as real estate, to find new areas where C of S can make their money. With all his negative attributes, you have to admit that DM is shrewd and has demonstrated the ability to be a survivor. Once you get the religious angle out of the way and realize that DM probably does not have the slightest interest in actually helping someone become more aware or happy, it starts to make sense.

Only if everything he does is treated as a business decision done to maximize his profits do things start to make sense. The Real Estate business is probably his best shot at making some bucks. His brother Ronnie, quit C of S and went into real estate. I wouldn't be surprised if Ronnie gave him his initial advice to get into real estate! (just guessing).

Other than real estate, what else can DM get into?. All I can think of is to run hospitals or charities. They already have tried executive training through companies such as Sterling Management and drug rehab through Narconon and have muddied up the field in those areas. It is a very brazen idea but running a hospital would be a bold and "outside of the box" method to extend their reach and get positive PR and make billions.

What do y'all think.
Lakey

A

Annonny

You make several excellent points! I thought of one of them, the prices being pegged to wages in the host country where the services are being offered. I did not think about the other prospect, the course rooms being flooded by tens of thousand of poor people wanting to do the comm course but having zero prospects of ever making it to Flag. That would probably be absolute hell for DM and Int Management!

Throngs of poor 3rd world people clamoring for Scio services would be a very powerful PR spectacle which DM could use to attract monied people to Flag.

I think it all just comes back to the fact that DM is exploring fields other than Scio training and processing, such as real estate, to find new areas where C of S can make their money. With all his negative attributes, you have to admit that DM is shrewd and has demonstrated the ability to be a survivor. Once you get the religious angle out of the way and realize that DM probably does not have the slightest interest in actually helping someone become more aware or happy, it starts to make sense.

Only if everything he does is treated as a business decision done to maximize his profits do things start to make sense. The Real Estate business is probably his best shot at making some bucks. His brother Ronnie, quit C of S and went into real estate. I wouldn't be surprised if Ronnie gave him his initial advice to get into real estate! (just guessing).

Other than real estate, what else can DM get into?. All I can think of is to run hospitals or charities. They already have tried executive training through companies such as Sterling Management and drug rehab through Narconon and have muddied up the field in those areas. It is a very brazen idea but running a hospital would be a bold and "outside of the box" method to extend their reach and get positive PR and make billions.

What do y'all think.
Lakey

I might be wrong here- but wasn't the CoS involved in some sort of scheme of short selling of stocks? I don't remember the details. It involed the Feshbach brothers.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
If one has discerned the only motive driving the organization is to solely and only make money ( that for scn is just as it has always been ) why not go real high fast profit and grow, process, transport, and sell drugs as a vertically integrated business with the church as the cover?

A

Annonny

If one has discerned the only motive driving the organization is to solely and only make money ( that for scn is just as it has always been ) why not go real high fast profit and grow, process, transport, and sell drugs as a vertically integrated business with the church as the cover?

Cause I think the Columbians and the Mexicans won't deal with them.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Cause I think the Columbians and the Mexicans won't deal with them.

DM - the ecclesiastical leader of the worlds major religion - would send his boys to bitch slap 'em and make 'em a deal they couldn't refuse.

Remember he has the power to forever take their spiritual freedom away and when he lays THAT on the line...they'll quiver.

A

Annonny

DM - the ecclesiastical leader of the worlds major religion - would send his boys to bitch slap 'em and make 'em a deal they couldn't refuse.

Remember he has the power to forever take their spiritual freedom away and when he lays THAT on the line...they'll quiver.

Now that's a battle I'd like to see: the FARC against the LRH.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I might be wrong here- but wasn't the CoS involved in some sort of scheme of short selling of stocks? I don't remember the details. It involed the Feshbach brothers.

AFAIK it was the Feshbachs doing it, not officially the CofS at all. Other public may have been involved, and reges may have steered public to them for investments or loans or whatever, but over the years reges have often had "business opportunities" with other public scios they may unofficially recommend to their customers. I don't see how the CofS could have officially been involved.

Paul

TheRealNoUser

Patron with Honors
snip... Other than real estate, what else can DM get into?. All I can think of is to run hospitals or charities. They already have tried executive training through companies such as Sterling Management and drug rehab through Narconon and have muddied up the field in those areas. It is a very brazen idea but running a hospital would be a bold and "outside of the box" method to extend their reach and get positive PR and make billions.

What do y'all think.
Lakey
I can already see the 911 Emergency Ambulances racing up to the hospital doors with their badly injured WOG onboard, and taking them into the Emergency Touch-Assist Ward where their life-threatening injuries would be miraculously healed with a simple "feel my finger".

P.S. Re. Pasadena Org . . . How ironic that the COS now has more invested in MEST than anything in the Theta realm. Or was it always so? ;-)

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
The Feshbecks were short sellers in the market.

In and of itself there is absolutely nothing inherently wrong with shorting the market - just like being long on the market isn't particularly wrong to do.

The difficulty comes from after taking a short position in a stock to then spread false rumors about that company for the purpose of driving that stock down in price.

And there definitely some major players in the market that feel the Feshbacks got caught with all their hands in the cookie jar more than a few times.

They made large donos to the 'church' so it mattered not to the church where or how they came by their money as long as they gleefully passed on large chunks to the 'church'.

paradox

ab intra silentio vera
Regarding the Feshbach's short selling history, from NCPS's post of the 11th here, http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=561964&postcount=1 . Very good article.

NCPS said:
I was looking at something online today when I realized that the entire run of Spy magazine is on Google Books. Spy was a satirical magazine that did snarky articles about famous and powerful people. I used to love it when I was a kid, so I started reading an issue.

Imagine my surprise to find a big feature on the Feshbach brothers and their Wall Street careers! It's called "Profits of Doom" and emphasizes the Scientology connection. I haven't finished it yet, but it's well worth a look. It begins on page 52 with a great caricature of the brothers underneath a big floating head of L. Ron.

http://books.google.com/books?id=pXG...epage&q&f=true

lkwdblds

Crusader
It's a bold idea but the PR consequences, Yikes!!

I've got to hand it to you, this would be a bery bold move and if successful would really rake in the bucks. However, how are they going to get by the PR hurdles?

First of all, they are still a church and secondly, one of the major platforms since their inception has been to be violently opposed to drug usage and drug pushing.

Talk about a hard sell, how would they sell this new change of direction to their public. Probably everyone would immediately leave the Church.

I am assuming you are talking of street drugs. If you mean medical and prescription drugs, i.e. pharmaceuticals then they would be doing something legal and it would be okay for a church to be involved in prescription drugs as well so two big hurdles are taken care of. Still one large obstacle remains. Again, since inception, the Church has discouraged the use of pharmaceutical drugs so they would have to shift gears and sell this to their public.

Yes, if they could do this, they could probably make a financial killing as you suggest. Actually, that would tie in with my suggestion that they start running Scientology hospitals. They could make money in two areas then, medical services and pharmaceutical services. With the proper medical licenses, they could even legally dispense training and processing as a form of medical therapy and still keep delivering those as well. Their money making potential would be enormous!
Lakey

Last edited:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Deception i find is Rong and the money tapes going on about decent exchange, and here he is with all these swiss bank accounts, dodging taxes, treasure on mission into time.

When i saw the Flesh off your Backs vampiring the market reading a magazine article from the 90s and how much vampired money was filtered into scn.

I thought of the money tapes deception preached, all the Rants about capitalism, i attended a briefing with one of the feshbachs the main topicwas his Ferrari and him believing himself to be a double of james bond character.(pinks and greys)

More on the Feshbach.http://books.google.com/books?id=pXG-Mw4cxa0C&lpg=PP1&lr&rview=1&pg=PA52#v=onepage&q&f=true

tiptoethrutheminefield

Patron with Honors
Well said

Pete

Well said!

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Runing an Org or even the IAS is perilous. A company has to produce products and satisfy consumers OTHERWISE they are prone to receive lawsuits and/or requests for refunds. The requests for refunds at Flag and other orgs must be enormous.

When they receive donations for the purchase and or remodeling of buildings and real estate, they have no risk of having to give people refunds. They don't have to invest in Academies to train tech people and Qual people. They eliminate most of their legal problems.
Lakey

Sounds like you've figured out that you should stop pimping for Candy and start working on your real estate license.:D