What's new

SRA's

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
.......... is the correct answer.

Alanzo - you are uneducated lazy git! :D

I feel duly and standardly "handled".

Blighty is ironically referred to as "the British Empire" from the Hindustani term way back when Britain had any relevance in the world, and was bringing civilization to Vinaire by raping and pillaging small villages.

Thanks.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Blighty is ironically referred to as "the British Empire" from the Hindustani term way back when Britain had any relevance in the world, and was bringing civilization to Vinaire by raping and pillaging small villages.

Thanks.

The way I remember it is that the civilizations (multiple) on the indian subcontinent were more upset about the stodgy Brits throwing a wet blanket on *their* ongoing raping and pillaging.

Admittedly, it wasn't free and, it was cultural imperialism, but, India in the 18th century was *all* about various cultural imperialisms.

And thugs. Never forget the Thugs :)

A very Vedic interpretation of Shiva's wife Durga. Hubbard liked it so much that he instituted the 'Kali Ceremony'

Zinj

Tanstaafl

Crusader

Thanks.

And I feel suitably put in my place. :D

BTW, I found your write-up on SRAs quite moving.

Ralph Hilton

Patron Meritorious
The problem is that for it to be effective there has to be a fair degree of truth in it. It's like bullbaiting. Generic bullbaiting is OK up to a point, but to really bullbait you have to bullbait with very personal reality. Prior knowledge of the person is not necessary to bullbait well as long as your observation is very acute. It doesn't work like that if you're giving someone an SRA based on his production record (unless you're adept at pulling up and seeing his pictures).
Paul
The heaviest bullbaiting I got was actually heavier than any "real" blasts. I had 3 of the GO heavies doing reporter style TRs and ended up in the toilet puking my guts out.
The master at SRAs was, of course, LRH.

A

AiryFairy

It gives you a sick feeling in your stomach. You want to defend yourself, but you feel the tears welling up and you know that if you talk, if you say anything, you will just make it ten times worse. You are constantly thinking, even in your sleep of how great it would be to have a Saint Hill Size org. It means everything to you. But you can't even think of that right now. Your brain freezes solid on the injustice of this accusation, invalidation, humiliation. Plus you'll make an ass of your self for crying in front of your daughter, who is standing there watching you. So you say "Yes sir" and try to keep tears from coming in to your eyes and your head from exploding.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY???"

"YES SIR!"

"GOOD!"

After enduring enough of this, you get worn down and convinced that you are truly a DB who is trying to destroy his org, and that everything you do is probably suppressive.

At that point, SRAs seem normal to you.

And you begin to look like Helena Kobrin.

Geez you did it again! It's not the specifics, it's the scenario. I still have trouble coming to terms with how as intelligent, capable people, we came to accept such things as normal. :bigcry:

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Having grown up in a phsyically abusive childhood and knowing that it just wasn't right, at about the age of 15, I finally realized I was big enough to fight back.

You can be thumped into the ground by Goliath so many times, but one day you realize you're tall enough to punch him in the groin.

From that day on, I took shit from no one.

Always carry a bucket of shit with you. That way when someone starts giving you shit, you can say, "No thanks, I have my own."

Vinaire

Sponsor
Having grown up in a phsyically abusive childhood and knowing that it just wasn't right, at about the age of 15, I finally realized I was big enough to fight back.

You can be thumped into the ground by Goliath so many times, but one day you realize you're tall enough to punch him in the groin.

From that day on, I took shit from no one.

Always carry a bucket of shit with you. That way when someone starts giving you shit, you can say, "No thanks, I have my own."

:lol:

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
Quick study

a Quick Study is someone who gets it quick, and acts accordingly. Instant hats easily. My wife and I "got" the Sea Org is a relatively short time, 4 months, and got the hell out.
The SRAs we saw around us were the real turning point. The third flow, others to others, was enough. We did not really get much directed at us. I think being in business and having life experience made it unreal that any organization would operate like that. Maybe the Marine Corps. It's the main reason staff are so young. They don't know better yet.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
a Quick Study is someone who gets it quick, and acts accordingly. Instant hats easily. My wife and I "got" the Sea Org is a relatively short time, 4 months, and got the hell out.
The SRAs we saw around us were the real turning point. The third flow, others to others, was enough. We did not really get much directed at us. I think being in business and having life experience made it unreal that any organization would operate like that. Maybe the Marine Corps. It's the main reason staff are so young. They don't know better yet.

This is true, and I've often thought about that.

I had nothing to compare staff life to. All the administrative advice LRH was giving me was without context for me. I swallowed all of it whole.

It's why you don't have able, experienced people in the Sea Org for the most part, or on staff.

Anyone who knew what they were doing would never stay.