ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

St Hill Protest – IAS Event October 2012

Discussion in 'Europe Pickets and Protests' started by xenusdad, Aug 16, 2012.

1. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

:omg:

As long as they don't become (even slightly) interested in any 'relationship' between the FZ and critics I'm happy.

:lol:

2. Sharone Stainforth

Sharone Stainforth Silver Meritorious Patron

Are we talking about Golden Era Productions? Wasn't that an L. Ron Hubbard invention?

I think people want to see the films L. Ron Hubbard took of the overboardings, Terril.The ones where he laughed, because people just did as he said and chucked people into the sea, do you think he was trying to get rid of their 'body thetans then', It's L. Ron Hubbard I'm talking about. He ordered people overboarded to "cast their sins into the sea" What were their sins Terril, what were their sins?

It's possible there is even film of the young woman that was brought up on deck, possibly L. Ron Hubbard's birthday that was locked up in the bowels of the ship for what I reckon was several weeks. You should have seen her, she was a mess, you would be too if it had happened to YOU.

So, Terril, I can't help but wonder just what these film companies are going to portray? Is it more let's find "spiritual freedom' stuff, like your Channel 4 guru Deepak Sing did or are we finally going to see the real stuff Scientology is made up of?

By the way, I hope Marty is well and Janis and all your other freezoner friends. I would ask how Captain Bill is, but he's dead, so is Goran Anderson, he hanged himself, now why DO you think that is?

3. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

I will reply with an image.

[​IMG]

4. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

I'm pretty sure that is because Scientology is exposed, with very low public opinion now. And it's part curiosity, part train-wreck, and part laughingstock. Whoever hitches their wagon to that may certainly get some coverage. It worked for NoI, Tom Cruise and Kirsty Alley, and the latest handful of Narconon deaths, to name a few. That is Scientology working.

5. Sharone Stainforth

Sharone Stainforth Silver Meritorious Patron

I want to reiterate - Goran Anderson was the man that overboarded people daily whilst in Corfu on the Apollo. He hung himself, he was the same man that threatened me with being locked up in a mental institution if I ever spoke out.

How's Scientology looking now? Lots of wins? Terril?

6. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

Cof$ + [STRIKE]In[/STRIKE]Dependents + [STRIKE]Free[/STRIKE]Zone = The Cult of Hubbard.

[​IMG]

7. Axiom142

Axiom142 Gold Meritorious Patron

Here is the first part of the video of the ‘Cult in Your Backyard’ conference that took place last Saturday in East Grinstead.

For some reason, the sound got a little out of synch with the video and some of the camera work was a little wonky, but still watchable, I think.

To make editing easier, it ended up being a bit longer than I would have liked at just over 31 mins. But hey, you don’t have to watch it all. :)

Enjoy…

http://youtu.be/CFe-teZRHGU

Axiom142

Just 3 more parts to go...

8. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

Well done on putting on the event. It would have been better without:

[​IMG]

but a job well done, nonetheless.

9. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Thanks, Ax and all who participated, good stuff! :thumbsup:

10. I told you I was trouble

The Irish guy is really good at speaking in public ... does he post here as Xenu's Dad?

Few moments later ... I just checked who started this thread (it was Xenusdad) so I expect that is him (Pete)?

11. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

12. Axiom142

13. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Seems as though these folks are trying to be honest, with the exception of Terrill who's still trying to spin.

Most are in transition from being Scientologists to moving beyond Scientology.

Frankly, it wasn't inspiring.

Scientology did not deliver what it promised. It failed them. They were betrayed, and are muddling along - in varying degrees of confusion - trying to make the best of it.

The "COB is an SP" sign is obviously the dominant view, and "meme."

Good luck to them.

They've a ways to go.

14. still here

still here Patron with Honors

I agree. People in transition, but some have been there a long time and I fear are stuck.

Not sure if I am alone, but I found these videos very sad.

My overall impression (maybe just the people who were talking..) is of people out, upset , betrayed but desperately holding on to wins, the technology, and Hubbard. I have no problem if that is what they want to do.

The sad bit is that this almost turns into an explanation or justification of how to make the Scn tech as "sane" and plausible as possible.

In this setting, and with this audience and venue a shame that the event did not focus on the evil, mind controlling, life destroying and total brainwahing the cult "in their back yard" really is. With a totally honest list of the evils, dangers and destructive influence this cult has deployed and still exerts on the poor people attending the IAS event, right now.

I do not think that Freezoners, Indies or whatever they are should be the spokepersons at these events...the total Exes would have more impact.

(or maybe I am just less tolerant and more militant! - which I am)
    Still

15. I told you I was trouble

Phew, I could only watch half.

Very sad ... I realise now that I may have misunderstood the purpose of the event though.

16. MrNobody

MrNobody Who needs merits?

I thought it was a bit disappointing, but will hold back my thoughts for now, until I've seen the other two parts.

17. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

The Non-Cof$ Scientology Movement is parasitic.

It has been feeding of the Cof$ for decades, with it's "Look how bad they are. Scientology is good, it's just Miscavige that's doing it wrong. Come and join us. We are good, because we're not him."

It's also a parasite on the critical movement, because it tags along to every event it can as a Trojan Donkey, to further it's own PR ends, and subvert the original purpose of the event.

They are in the process of losing their get out of jail free card and being exposed for what they are.

They are mind-benders just like the Cof$.

18. Axiom142

There are 4 parts to this video series, totalling almost 2 hours. Clearly we couldn’t have all the life histories of everyone taking part and all their views on every aspect of Scientology in the time available, but I think that there is a good diversity of views and opinions presented here. And remember that other conference videos are available on the Web (the Dublin 2012 conference here, for example: http://www.youtube.com/user/liekmudkip )

We had 2 Freezoners, 2 Indies and 3 exes / critics. Personally I found some of the other viewpoints interesting and informative.

And of course, I could only video those who turned up and took part. Sharone wanted to be here but unfortunately wasn’t able to make it. There may have been a few more verbal fireworks had she been there to present her views. :)

But Still, there is nothing to stop you making your own ‘event’ and making it available for others to view if you would prefer a more ‘robust’ criticism of Scientology.

Axiom142

19. Smilla

Smilla Ordinary Human

There's no criticism of you needs to be made, but it's distasteful to see a cyberstalker and cyberbully grinning into the camera, looking for an opportunity to sell his koolaid.

20. Axiom142

I don’t think that is a fair reflection of the attitude of those present at this event. Certainly, I have found Martin and Sam to be very receptive to views that don’t necessarily paint Hubbard and his ‘baby’ in a positive light.

And, the ‘purpose of the event’ was not ‘to mercilessly bash Scientology, Hubbard and anything remotely connected to Scientology’. It was for ex-members of the cult to talk about their experiences in order to educate anyone who was willing to listen, about Scientology and the CoS.

If any ‘churchies’ had had the guts to turn up, we would have allowed them to speak as well.

The majority of the general public in the East Grinstead area who know anything about the cult have a very bad opinion of it, but they won’t necessarily know how bad it really is. But the audience that I most wanted to get through to, was the CoS public and staff who know that something is wrong, but don’t have the courage to do anything about it. Showing them that there is a life after leaving the cult and that not all critics of the cult are monsters, might, just might prompt them into action.

Any suggestions on how we can improve such events in the future will be read with interest.

Axiom142