St Petersburg Times: Part Two (of 3) : Death in Slow Motion

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
Her initials are B. S.

Ooooh! Ooooh! Barbara Streisand.

barbara-streisand-without-makeup.jpg

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
When I was in I used to see protestors from time to time and think they were making such a big deal about one death, like if a cure for cancer killed one in one hundred thousand it would be worth it. But as I see it now she really is a symbol of how they operate and what they do to people. They get you to believe that destroying yourself is what you really ought to do and how all the sane ideas in your head like how to manage your affairs etc. are really insane.
And DM was her c/s!?! That picture of her dead face is what you get from having DM as your c/s.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
And DM was her c/s!?! That picture of her dead face is what you get from having DM as your c/s.

It's a good point to make known. Especially as he probably hasn't completed any C/S courses at all or any tech training since the Class IV Internship in the 70s.

Paul

Before Benetta Slaughter moved to St. Loius she was owned of AMC publishing. She came from Dallas when she moved her company to Clearwater. Lisa McPhearson worked for her and moved to Clearwater with her. She was active in the field with local downtown committees and PR for OSA. She wasn't in OSA, but she was the leader in the community for OSA activities.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Spirited

Patron with Honors
How insane does Davis sound on this recording?
The guy is whack! :roflmao:
I'm much more of a lurker than poster however I have been on the st petes site and had to comment.
tommy davis may want to read "how to win friends and influence people" or something instead of doing the comm course as scientology is ultimately in a defense position here regardless of their "attack never defend" op basis and the way he speaks to Joe is hardly a way to put scientology in a good light PR wise or get the media or public on side.
People dont always remember what you say but rather how you made them feel and tommys froth at the mouth antics are far from a "feel good" PR rep for the church. he does sound rather nuts. :duh:
His cliche line of "i'm angry" is ridiculous. who gives a toss if he is "angry"!!
Keep up the good work Tommy. You are doing great with your foot bullets.

anonmom

Patron with Honors
Unfortunately that is considered an epic success story by Scientology standards, they would have considered it an even greater success if they managed to squeeze the last $11 out of her before she died.

You got that right. I wonder what DM is doing right now? Maybe slapping Tommy around?

You got that right. I wonder what DM is doing right now? Maybe slapping Tommy around?

Miscavige is doing exactly what Hubbard would be doing right now, blaming everyone and everything for his train wreck of a cult, while rallying up the troops to fight the evil Psychs that are responsible for all the negative PR his cult has created

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Miscavige is doing exactly what Hubbard would be doing right now, blaming everyone and everything for his train wreck of a cult, while rallying up the troops to fight the evil Psychs that are responsible for all the negative PR his cult has created

You forgot, he'd probably be through about a full bottle or so of scotch, and started popping pinks and greys.

nowout

Patron with Honors
This one is f***ing funny -- By all means, click here...
http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2009/reports/project/church-response.shtml
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I've seen Tommy speak on a handful of videos. Yes, he's completely pathological. But the only time he ever came across as nuts, was when he started the shouting match with that reporter.

This one was funny, but I think he was acting, I'm not sure what they're up to.

Tommy is either really nuts, or a really good actor. I think he's a good actor.

There's some more info on the subject of "forced confessions":

http://www.scientology-cult.com/forced-confessions.html

How about a game of guess who?
1. In chapter 2 it is reported Lisa worked for a marketing firm owned by scientologists. Can you guess who owned that company?
2. Chapter 2 says she moved to Clearwater when that company moved and moved with friends. Can you guess who one of those friends were?
3. Chapter 2 says DM was overseeing her case as she was friend of a prominent church member? Can you guess who that church member was?
4. IF the owner of the marketing firm, the church member friend she moved with and the prominent church member are the same, can you guess who?
5. Who is the person whose deposition after her death stated she and Lisa were best friends?
6. Who is the person from #5 who told a reporter "She just died, there is nothing else to it. Please note: Best friend just died, no emotion.
7. Who is the person Lisa worked for who is also OSA?
That's all for "guess who".

And, "what if."
Lisa is working for someone who is OSA on the public side and mentions she wants to leave and move back to Texas. Working side by side with someone high up in OSA she surely saw and heard alot. Maybe some secrets the church does not want revealed.
DM enters the picture at the request of this prominent church member who is also OSA and Lisa's boss. He takes charge of her auditing sessions. What if it was intentional to break her mentally?
She is confined and phycially declining, she receives no licensed medical care, yet her condition is allowed to decline further until she dies. Those tending to Lisa see she is worsening yet nothing is done. By who's order?
What if all of this intentional? The secrets would die with her.
Connect the dots.
I hope Lisa's so-called best friend is shitting bricks about now.

How about a game of guess who?
1. In chapter 2 it is reported Lisa worked for a marketing firm owned by scientologists. Can you guess who owned that company?
2. Chapter 2 says she moved to Clearwater when that company moved and moved with friends. Can you guess who one of those friends were?
3. Chapter 2 says DM was overseeing her case as she was friend of a prominent church member? Can you guess who that church member was?
4. IF the owner of the marketing firm, the church member friend she moved with and the prominent church member are the same, can you guess who?
5. Who is the person whose deposition after her death stated she and Lisa were best friends?
6. Who is the person from #5 who told a reporter "She just died, there is nothing else to it. Please note: Best friend just died, no emotion.
7. Who is the person Lisa worked for who is also OSA?
That's all for "guess who".

And, "what if."
Lisa is working for someone who is OSA on the public side and mentions she wants to leave and move back to Texas. Working side by side with someone high up in OSA she surely saw and heard alot. Maybe some secrets the church does not want revealed.
DM enters the picture at the request of this prominent church member who is also OSA and Lisa's boss. He takes charge of her auditing sessions. What if it was intentional to break her mentally?
She is confined and phycially declining, she receives no licensed medical care, yet her condition is allowed to decline further until she dies. Those tending to Lisa see she is worsening yet nothing is done. By who's order?
What if all of this intentional? The secrets would die with her.
Connect the dots.
I hope Lisa's so-called best friend is shitting bricks about now.

For all who guessed Bennetta Slaughter as the "who", you won!
There is no prize awarded other than a congrats on knowing the facts of a horrendous cover up.
Rathbun: If you are going to name names, name all of them. Not just a vague reference. I personally feel Lisa's death was intentional (she knew too much), it was a conspiracy and there was a cover up. Rathbun, no hidden data line!
Pooks: Thanks for the Clearwater PD file on Lisa's death.

Terril park

Sponsor
Here is a very pithy comment from those at the bottom of the article.
Gives a snapshot of how at least some parishioners are viewing this.

Also note that many have commented on how all copies of the St Pete's Times were bought early AM.`

=================
Bob from Clearwater
Jun 22nd, 2009 11:47 pm

As a Scientoligist who is on-lines and in good standing and has been bullied (not physically) by church staff, I can believe this stuff. Our religion has turned into a stat-crazed, control hungry monster. Expansion measured in square footage???

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Heh.. St.Pete Times should really double the number of prints and keep printing vitriol about Scientology.. The scilons will buy 'em all and provide for a nice raise in salaries!

:yes: