What's new

St Petersburg Times: Part Two (of 3) : Death in Slow Motion

Eddie

Patron
I didn't have time to read all replies, so if this has been said before sorry for wasting your time.

What jumped out at me most from this article was this

"A settlement agreement with the woman’s family forbids them from providing specifics, said Monique Yingling, a long-time Scientology attorney and friend of Miscavige. Still, she said that Rathbun botched the case from the start, and “possibly caused the whole thing.”

After years of denying any involvement or contribution to Lisa's death, you now have a Scientology attorney stating that a COS staff member "possibly caused the whole thing"

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
hmm.. Yingling admits too, that the Cult slapped a gag order on the family. - I don't give a shit about the legality of such an 'agreemnet'.. It is an outrageous stifling of these peoples right to speak. Imposed by the Sinister Cult of Scientology to hide what amounts to a murder.

:grouch:

CornPie

Patron Meritorious
...Yingling admits too, that the Cult slapped a gag order on the family...
...I don't give a shit about the legality of such an 'agreemnet'...
...It is an outrageous stifling of these peoples right to speak...
The cult did not SLAP a "gag" order on the family. More appropriately worded, the family "agreed" to the "gag order", and they knowingly put their signature on it, when they accepted a payoff from scientology. They sold their right to talk, for MONEY.

I agree with you though, I don't like the legality of the agreement either. And I think it's outrageous too. But that's easy to say "after" the family took the MONEY.

Let that be a lesson to anybody who accepts MONEY and signs a "gag" order, knowingly and legally agreeing to not speak out about scientology. Gerry Armstrong did the same thing a few years ago. See my post #100 on this thread, which shows two short videos of Armstrong regretting what he did. One of the videos even shows him signing the "gag" order:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=11347

Last edited:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
That's a couple of very informative videos you posted there!

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=249626&postcount=100
(Note that you can link directly to a post. Click the 'post number' at upper left on the post and copypasta the URL from the address field at top of your browser.)

Well, taking the money and signing a gag-order is a bad idea. No argument.. But we should remember that the Sinister Cult of Scientology do not simply offer the money for the gag.. There's what happens if you don't! - They promise to harrass and make life miserable for the 'victims' if the gag is not signed. Documentable by Hubbards policies.. And BTW those policies, 'Ethics Conditions / Enemy' also documents the cults contempt for such a 'legal settlement' and intent to trick the victim.

"The law can easily be used to harrass!", that's a Hubbard quote!

And as Gerry Armstrong explains.. A prohibition to talk about Scientology is plainly illegal.

But the gag on Lisa's family might be worded differently. Maybe the restriction is only about the 'case'.. And the family might want to keep out of it. Which I can understand.

:yes:

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
That's a couple of very informative videos you posted there!

(Note that you can link directly to a post. Click the 'post number' at upper left on the post and copypasta the URL from the address field at top of your browser.)

Well, taking the money and signing a gag-order is a bad idea. No argument.. But we should remember that the Sinister Cult of Scientology do not simply offer the money for the gag.. There's what happens if you don't! - They promise to harrass and make life miserable for the 'victims' if the gag is not signed. Documentable by Hubbards policies.. And BTW those policies, 'Ethics Conditions / Enemy' also documents the cults contempt for such a 'legal settlement' and intent to trick the victim.

"The law can easily be used to harrass!", that's a Hubbard quote!

And as Gerry Armstrong explains.. A prohibition to talk about Scientology is plainly illegal.

But the gag on Lisa's family might be worded differently. Maybe the restriction is only about the 'case'.. And the family might want to keep out of it. Which I can understand.

:yes:

Amen--it's really easy to look from the outside and get pissed off at those who sign the gag order. I have knowledge of what someone prominent who was involved in a suit against the cult went through. It's not my place to tell, but it was ugly. Very ugly. And these boards and forums were not always there for people to reach out to each other.

Who am I to judge, when I haven't even sued? Maybe I should sue the bastards. I've thought about it, I believe I have grounds, but I also know what some of those folks have gone through, and it's not all been out in the open. I also don't have the means, etc. and etc. It's nice and easy when you are in a warm home and the cult is not beating down on your doorstep, to bitch at those who settled for peace and some cash to get on with their lives. As someone whose entire world came tumbling down under orders of the cult--I understand how someone could just hope that hurting them financially would be enough. How the hell do we know what they have been through? It's easy to take the high moral ground when you haven't been stuck in the pit with the monkeys shitting on you. (ewww...that was a horrible analogy!:) )

CornPie

Patron Meritorious
...But we should remember that the Sinister Cult of Scientology do not simply offer the money for the gag.. There's what happens if you don't [sign a gag agreement, such as fairgaming]! - They promise to harrass and make life miserable for the 'victims' if the gag is not signed. Documentable by Hubbards policies.. And BTW those policies, 'Ethics Conditions / Enemy' also documents the cults contempt for such a 'legal settlement' and intent to trick the victim.

"The law can easily be used to harrass!", that's a Hubbard quote!...
Well stated -- that scientology may bludgeon a litigant into signing a gag agreement, and accepting their settlement money. I never thought of that before.

However, that assumption implies that the person who has the evidence, is the same person who's been injured. That assumption arises every time this topic comes up. And it always distorts the following issue.

My thinking is that 90% of evidence holders have nothing to personally gain, nor lose, by publishing the information they hold. Most want to help the victim, and expose the bad guy, and they don't want the evidence they hold to be buried or manipulated. And if that's the case, then why not publish-publish-publish credible information that's incriminating to filthy-scientology -- in order to shaft them with true facts.

I am assuming that the holder of the incriminating information doesn't wish to blackmail scientology with the evidence they possess -- as I believe that would be illegal.

One thing's for sure though; that attorneys, law enforcement, and scientology will all try to rat-hole any evidence people possess, for a long-long time. And probably try to shut them up too.

So if you are in the 90%, and you have accurate incriminating evidence, then I say publish it to the Internet, put it in the public domain, shaft scientology. Then after you've done that -- then talk to the authorities.

Last edited:

CornPie

Patron Meritorious
Regarding Linking

SchwimmelPuckel said in post #84> [regarding adding &postcount=xxx]

Free to shine replied in post #85> Crikey Schwimmy - you just taught me something! I always wondered how you did that.

My (CornPie) reply now> Yes, I realize I can append "&postcount=xxx" to the end of the post url. However when another person views that post, it is not intuitively obvious to them, how to scroll forward or backward to see previous-subsequent posts. In addition, posts are sometimes removed, days later I have seen it happen -- in which case I'd be linking to the "wrong" post number, with no way for a reader to scroll backward to get to the intended post. And the existing method to link to a specific post, if numerous other posts are on the screen at the same time, doesn't always work that well. So at least the method I use drops them at the tread starting point, with a post number to scroll forward to. As cool as this software is I haven't found a better method yet.

Last edited:

Feral

Rogue male
The violence and abuse from DM toward the top execs on his 'payroll' is extremely telling as to how hard he feels he is pressed against the wall.

It looks like on of the biggest ponsey schemes in religious history is getting closer to becoming exposed every day.

As that happens I guess the desperation of the top man will escalate.

Terl

Patron with Honors
Where IS this 2 hour video? I see a six minute video. Nothing starts after it. I want to see this thing and I'm either seeing snippets of the MR interview, the 6 minute video, or an article. No 2 hour video anywhere in site. Please just direct link me.

ETA: Nevermind. I think I found them in this thread. It was a bitch though. I actually groaned and moaned in frustration trying to find these. Maybe the OP could put all the current VIDEO links on the first post? Just a thought.

Last edited:

Terl

Patron with Honors
Why don't these people who supposedly were beat by Marty step up and say, "No." Some of these INT exes are such idiots, when they just go POOF... Is Tommy Davis just full of shit or WHAT!?

Div6

Crusader
Why don't these people who supposedly were beat by Marty step up and say, "No." Some of these INT exes are such idiots, when they just go POOF... Is Tommy Davis just full of shit or WHAT!?

Is the Pope Catholic?
Is Miscavige a squirrel?

Terl

Patron with Honors
If he's full of shit, why would he specifically name execs who have said they've never been beaten by Miscavige, when they could just come out of the wood work (like they fucking SHOULD) and say, "We never said that, he DID hit us." Or say SOMETHING in favour of MR's reports?

Div6

Crusader
If he's full of shit, why would he specifically name execs who have said they've never been beaten by Miscavige, when they could just come out of the wood work (like they fucking SHOULD) and say, "We never said that, he DID hit us." Or say SOMETHING in favour of MR's reports?

I think John Carmichael gave it away.....they are all pussy whipped by the terror midget....

He was just smelling himself.

Terl

Patron with Honors
Absolutely pathetic. I wouldn't think twice about sharing all my stories. Disappearing into obscurity and letting people talk about me and speak for me would not be even an OPTION.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Absolutely pathetic. I wouldn't think twice about sharing all my stories. Disappearing into obscurity and letting people talk about me and speak for me would not be even an OPTION.

He's 'share' his stories with somebody. Not 'wogs' or people who might try to use it to offer counter intention to Scientology.

Right?

Like, you'd share it with your Sec Checker, unless you thought you might be kicked out if you answered wrong, or if you thought your wife might be ordered to disconnect from you.

Or maybe if your children were in the CMO or or or

Yeah big man. Tell us.

Zinj