What's new

Staff Pay for High Ranking Officials in the Sea Org

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was listening to Marty Rathbun on the TRUTH RUNDOWN series from the Tampa Bay Times for the first time. Marty stated that when he left - he had $100,000 inheritance from his father stashed away and that is how he was able to set himself up.

What I find strange is that SEA ORG and staff are questioned beyond belief about any savings accounts or money stashed, especially any inheritance coming in the future and if they have any money anywhere - are given the standard guilt trip and are fleeced of it.

How did Marty manage to keep this a secret from the cult? Did he make a big salary? Anyone know? I am glad he had the money to get on his own and it is horrific when Sea Org leave and have nothing to start over. Ater Miscavige goes to jail and the cults doors are locked - lets start a non-profit to help them out!

What do high ranking officials in the Sea Org get paid? Marty had a motorcycle which means he had the money to buy that and get a driver's license?

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
I asked the same question years ago when that info was first discussed by Marty. The word "inheritance" is like Pavlov's bell to regges. No real answer was forthcoming.

I can only think given Marty's stature that the regges didn't dream of going after him, or given his position weren't privy to the financial info of someone like Marty. (Just like they don't knw shit about DMs money matters.)

Gotta think whenever he came into the money, which I think was in the last 5 years of his SO career, that in the back of the mind he knew he needed to stash it away for the day he might blow. (subconsciously or consciously). Because if he was steely eyed true believer that money should have gone to his all important bridge/ auditor training.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I was listening to Marty Rathbun on the TRUTH RUNDOWN series from the Tampa Bay Times for the first time. Marty stated that when he left - he had $100,000 inheritance from his father stashed away and that is how he was able to set himself up.

What I find strange is that SEA ORG and staff are questioned beyond belief about any savings accounts or money stashed, especially any inheritance coming in the future and if they have any money anywhere - are given the standard guilt trip and are fleeced of it.

It may depend on when and where. In the early 80's I was not questioned about it. Believe it or not, I was not given a sec check (or any other kind of auditing) in the entire time I was in the SO, despite being posted into some very confidential areas.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I asked the same question years ago when that info was first discussed by Marty. The word "inheritance" is like Pavlov's bell to regges. No real answer was forthcoming.

I can only think given Marty's stature that the regges didn't dream of going after him, or given his position weren't privy to the financial info of someone like Marty. (Just like they don't knw shit about DMs money matters.)

Marty was paid $45,000 a year before 1993... I recall from a deposition that he & Mike Rinder were earning in the ballpark of $53,000 as of 1997 (I'm still looking for the dox on that). :)

http://www.xenufrance.net/csi-to-irs-salaries-of-some-scientology-heads-1993.pdf

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.religion.scientology/mNh66XkoW1g

I'm not surprised that Marty was able to keep his inheritance. Remember, Tommy Davis retained a Platinum American Express card, 2 private cars & a substantial trust fund during the time he was in the Sea Org.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Marty was paid $45,000 a year before 1993... I recall from a deposition that he & Mike Rinder were earning in the ballpark of $53,000 as of 1997 (I'm still looking for the dox on that). :)

http://www.xenufrance.net/csi-to-irs-salaries-of-some-scientology-heads-1993.pdf

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.religion.scientology/mNh66XkoW1g

I'm not surprised that Marty was able to keep his inheritance. Remember, Tommy Davis retained a Platinum American Express card, 2 private cars & a substantial trust fund during the time he was in the Sea Org.

And let's not forget that staff pay was on top of being provided with berthing (probably luxurious), food (probably very good for top-tier execs, except the ones in The Hole) and servants (back in the 80's, cadet org kids would do cleaning for senior exec berthing, and you could use your communicator to do personal errands for you)

Balthasar

Patron Meritorious
It may depend on when and where. In the early 80's I was not questioned about it. Believe it or not, I was not given a sec check (or any other kind of auditing) in the entire time I was in the SO, despite being posted into some very confidential areas.

I can confirm that. I myself had loads of money on my savings account all the while I was in the SO between 1980 and 1984. And occasionally I went shopping on my day off and spoiled myself with real cool stuff which I was wearing at parties or when I went into a "wog" cafe having my cappuccino.

It would have been completely unimaginable that an ethics officer or reg would be asking me if I had any savings to turn over. Even more unimaginable to me that I would have given it to him!

BTW, to make that clear - I would not have donated one of my kidneys either just because a twat would have asked for it! Well, that's about the same isn't it? :)