What's new

Staff pay.

DWN

At INCOMM in the 90's I was paid $30 a week and my courses to go "Clear". Sadly I blew my huge bounty each week playing Video Games at the nearby grocer and the occasional McDonald's breakfast on Sunday when I grew tired of Oatmeal and Honey. When I walked away I had saved a grand total of $10 and my own change of clothes.

ClearEyed

Patron with Honors
david miscavige lives a life of luxury even the public scientologists aren't aware of. He also has luxury cars, a motor cycle (or more?) this is a man who is living high on the hog while condemning those who work for him. Those that work at Gold are treated horribly. I don’t know how someone could live the life that dwarf lives while surrounded by all those S.O. members he is basically torturing and holding as either prisoners or hostages (think BFG’s sister, or the dwarf’s wife). He is a CRIMINAL. THAT IS NOT YOUR MONEY david miscavige. YOU ARE AN EMBEZZLER. YOU ARE A THIEF. YOU ARE A CRIMINAL. AND YOUR TIME IS COMING.

Never forget that the precedent for this was set by Hubbard.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Circa mid 70's at CC on LaBrea is saw SO staff step up the pay window & have about 50 cents put in their palm. I did not see one single person get pay in the amount they could fold - not one.

In the 90's at flag when I asked a course sup to dine with for supper I saw tears well up in her eyes. She said she couldn't eat in the public dining room at the Sand Castle with me as that was not allowed. We ended up taking a cab to a restaurant she'd always wanted to eat at.

I never ceased to be stunned at how very good some people were at what they did at what a pittance they got paid in exchange.

GE cmdr

Patron with Honors
I remember when i was in the SO i would bring in 250-300 a week and this was normal. I know the guys in bridge were doing great because of some legal bullshit they had to be paid minimum wage.

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
I remember when i was in the SO i would bring in 250-300 a week and this was normal. I know the guys in bridge were doing great because of some legal bullshit they had to be paid minimum wage.

In what universe were you in that you made $250-$300 per week in the Sea Org? Or did I misunderstand and you meant it was 250-300 pennies?

'..in bridge...' I assume means Bridge Publications? And you say they were 'doing great' making minimum wage?

Your post is not clear at all.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
In what universe were you in that you made $250-$300 per week in the Sea Org? Or did I misunderstand and you meant it was 250-300 pennies?

'..in bridge...' I assume means Bridge Publications? And you say they were 'doing great' making minimum wage?

SO grunts made pennies. If you were doing sales, however, you could make lots of money. I once glanced at the Flag payroll and remember being a bit ARCX over seeing the FSO bookstore officer making over $1,000 that week. This was around 1980

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Wow, cool!

By the way, where were you stationed in the Sea Org, Vietnam?

I'm not sure exactly what the conversion rate for "250-300" would be at that time--but currently 21,515 Vietnamese Dong = 1 U.S. Dollar.

EDIT: That was supposed to be a joke, making fun of former Sea Org members like myself who never saw such lavish compensation. [250-300 dong per week = less than one penny, get it? lol] Servo-droids like myself were paid an average of only $10.00 per week. If converted to 2017 dollars that would be worth approximately--$10.00 per week, LOL

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
SO grunts made pennies. If you were doing sales, however, you could make lots of money. I once glanced at the Flag payroll and remember being a bit ARCX over seeing the FSO bookstore officer making over $1,000 that week. This was around 1980

Yeah, remarkable, ain't it? LOL

"THE MOST VALUABLE BEING IN THE UNIVERSE IS THE AUDITOR", according to Dr. Hubbard.

However, "THE MOST HIGHLY PAID BEING IN THE UNIVERSE IS ANYONE WHO MAKES MONEY FOR DR. HUBBARD".

Ergo, by way of example, if you audit someone and they become a full Operating Thetan with supernatural powers, immortality and able to perform miracles--you get a few bucks a week for toiletries and cigarettes. However, if you sell a hardback-bound volume of lies & fraud like "MISSION INTO TIME" you get to share a rich cut of the plunder with the reincarnated Buddha.

The reges were the ones that made big money. They had their own cars, for doing drive by reg cycles etc. As far as Bridge - sure, they legally had to pay minimum wage, but would get the staff to give the money back to them. So it wasn't anything to set the world on fire by any means. In 2012 the minimum wage in cal was $10.50/hr before deductions, and I seriously doubt they paid over 40 hrs. They wouldn't want to incur over time. So that comes to $420 / wk before taxes.

BTW, the giving back of $ wasn't limited to bridge. Example: the IAS reges, like Michael Roberts lived off their commissions, but frequently donoed them back to the IAS. That was how Howard Becker gave them a million bucks. It reminds one of the coal miners company store as glorified in the song 16 tons.

Mimsey

[video=youtube;jIfu2A0ezq0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIfu2A0ezq0[/video]

Last edited:

GE cmdr

Patron with Honors

In CLO i was pulling in about 250-300 a week USD. The only time i made 50 bucks a week was when i was on the EPF.

Yes...

The guys in bridge publications were making minimum wage, i do not know how to make it any clearer

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
The SO post I joined for was flag rep.
I was told I would earn the same pay that the ED Chicago was making. About 4-500 a week.
IMG_56768535200236.jpeg

When they stuck me as Security chief CLO EUS it changed to $30.00 per week.

Here is my w2

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
The SO post I joined for was flag rep.
I was told I would earn the same pay that the ED Chicago was making. About 4-500 a week.
View attachment 13329

When they stuck me as Security chief CLO EUS it changed to $30.00 per week.

Here is my w2

What they didn't tell you, was that as FR Chicago, you might have a pay of 4-500/week, BUT I'm pretty sure that you would have had to use that to pay all your expenses: lodging, food, utilities, etc.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
A lot of the time CLO EUS used our staff payroll to pay bills since they were more important then the staff.

How did that work? Two points:

1. What was CLOEUS's income source that pulled in a lot of dough? I remember CLO/FOLO UK being usually hard-up except for occasional Tours Org UK commissions. Weekly subsidies (5% CGI ?) from UK orgs didn't add up to a lot for a big management org.

2. I remember for a while "30% CGI to staff welfare" was enforced. This included both pay and things like food, utility bills for staff berthing. It didn't stretch to general org expenses like promo costs.

Paul

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I was going to change it but it was a sliding scale depending on what the org brought in.

A lot of the time CLO EUS used our staff payroll to pay bills since they were more important then the staff.

In my experience in PAC, CLO had it the worst. (Well, maybe except for ASHO.)

AOLA made the majority of the money. Things weren't great for the staff, but in general the pay and food was better than the CLO. If you're going to work in an org, your best bet is generally to work in the org where the money is made. Int pulled most of the money that AO wasn't able to keep. CLO, being only one rung up the food chain from the service orgs, generally got screwed. They didn't have the clout to pull any of it for themselves.

GE cmdr

Patron with Honors
Things weren't great for the staff, but in general the pay and food was better than the CLO.

When were you in? When i was there everyone ate the same food with the exception of INCOM which had a super nice food and dining hall on the floor above and the RPF which just ate whatever was leftover.

I remember one time one of the cooks was feeling a bit ambitious. They had all this seafood in the freezer that they needed to cook, im guessing it was nearing the experation date. So they took everything and cooked this seafood/rice glop...man what a mistake, sooooo many people rushing to use the bathrooms after that and of course we were all either PTS, restim'd from past bad meals at sea or were suffering lack of faith in our crew, that was based off some FO about sea sickness even though we were on land. I remember arguing that point and i asked the MMA if we would throw someone off the roof of Lebanon hall with their hands tied as an ethics penalty, he didn't like that or being shown how not everything applies to everything.

phenomanon

Canyon
When were you in? When i was there everyone ate the same food with the exception of INCOM which had a super nice food and dining hall on the floor above and the RPF which just ate whatever was leftover.

I remember one time one of the cooks was feeling a bit ambitious. They had all this seafood in the freezer that they needed to cook, im guessing it was nearing the experation date. So they took everything and cooked this seafood/rice glop...man what a mistake, sooooo many people rushing to use the bathrooms after that and of course we were all either PTS, restim'd from past bad meals at sea or were suffering lack of faith in our crew, that was based off some FO about sea sickness even though we were on land. I remember arguing that point and i asked the MMA if we would throw someone off the roof of Lebanon hall with their hands tied as an ethics penalty, he didn't like that or being shown how not everything applies to everything.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: