What's new

Stages of Leaving Scientology

Mrs Pattycake

Patron with Honors
Thanks for the wonderful welcome everyone !

I was also delighted that my post inspired ThatIsIt to post .:thumbsup:

I decided to post to encourage all of you to keep going and let you know that your efforts "are getting through" to folk like me .

I had never before even considered looking on the internet at any "anti Scio" stuff until the anon protests - I was a genuine good "double diamond" status Scio - and yet once I looked at the data I moved fairly rapidly up through the steps and it did not take that long for my "Truman bubble" to burst. The stories on this board really help because they just ring so true .

They helped me to spot I had "excused" lots of stuff the Church has done for years that I did not agree with and that there were lots of outpoints that I had explained away... because when you are a " double diamond" you have to !

One kind of funny incident - I remember sitting in a HGC at Flag and seeing the IAS event where Tom Cruise gets awarded his Mega "I'm Better Than Anyone Else" Freedom Medal - the event was playing over and over - the crew were elated and kept asking me if I'd seen it and how great it was - I was sitting there in disbelief, thinking OMG they are giving him a Freedom Medal :omg:

I thought this guy gets the MOST "entheta" press about Scientology on the planet !!! If I was getting that much entheta press I'd be declared or be in serious ethics trouble !

But then his acceptance speech was just so embarrassing - I was like OMG now he is in DM's valence :screwy: And he was speaking as if it is just him and DM doing all the work - and as if all those Patron Billionaires in the front row and anyone else had done jack shit !!! Quite invalidating I thought - and certainly an outpoint - but of course I didn't mention that to any of the enthusiastic SO members !

I felt validated in my opinion when I saw what a "hit" this event excerpt was on the internet ! Cof$ is certainly good at doing its own out PR !

I am currently working on a few cycles - once the dust settles I will have time to write up more.

In the meantime I hope more "lurkers" decide to join up so that you guys know just how effective you are ! And thanks byte for the SP status - I was just thinking that if I got myself one of those I'd probably get off all the call in and mail lists a bit faster ! :happydance:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
And thanks byte for the SP status - I was just thinking that if I got myself one of those I'd probably get off all the call in and mail lists a bit faster ! :happydance:

If you're not concerned about getting declared etc. you can have such FUN with the people who call you! "Oh, thanks for calling me. Did you hear about the...?"

Paul

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron

One kind of funny incident - I remember sitting in a HGC at Flag and seeing the IAS event where Tom Cruise gets awarded his Mega "I'm Better Than Anyone Else" Freedom Medal - the event was playing over and over - the crew were elated and kept asking me if I'd seen it and how great it was - I was sitting there in disbelief, thinking OMG they are giving him a Freedom Medal :omg:

I was in the audience at St Hill when that happened. David Miscavige introduced TC as “The most dedicated Scientologist that I know.” I remember thinking at the time that this was pretty insulting to all the Scientologists that have dedicated their lives, often working 100+ hours a week for decades. Here is this movie star who has just been doing a few interviews and getting involved in the last couple of years. For years, he wouldn’t say anything about Scientology. And now, he is the most dedicated Scientologist that DM knows! :banghead: :screwy:

And the worst part of this? I really believed at the time that ‘we', for the first time, could really start clearing the planet now. :duh:

There, I admit to being fallible. You won't see that very often. :ohmy:

Axiom142

asagai

Patron Meritorious
I had never before even considered looking on the internet at any "anti Scio" stuff until the anon protests

Welcome Mrs Pattycaek! :D

Another epic victory for anonymous! :happydance:

Have you considered going to your local picket this weekend?

It was an eye-opening experience for me when I joined the first one in February. Now Mrs A and I go to every one and our kids too and their friends! :thumbsup:

This time we are also taking two anon friends.

Welcome too ThisIsIt. Yes, you are right, This is it! :thumbsup:

Zander

Patron with Honors

I thought this guy gets the MOST "entheta" press about Scientology on the planet !!! If I was getting that much entheta press I'd be declared or be in serious ethics trouble !

But then his acceptance speech was just so embarrassing - I was like OMG now he is in DM's valence :screwy: And he was speaking as if it is just him and DM doing all the work - and as if all those Patron Billionaires in the front row and anyone else had done jack shit !!! Quite invalidating I thought - and certainly an outpoint - but of course I didn't mention that to any of the enthusiastic SO members !

I felt validated in my opinion when I saw what a "hit" this event excerpt was on the internet ! Cof$ is certainly good at doing its own out PR !

Yes I know exactly what you're saying there. I saw that event on video and I had the same reaction, and I seem to remember how they were praising TC for "introducing" so many hundreds of millions of people to scn. Yeah, like "introducing" in the sense of putting them off it for life!

Also, I don't know if anyone noticed but they claimed that TC had been promoting scn for 20 years and seeing as this event was in 2004 that would make it that he joined in 1984, which I know is not correct. They do just like to round up their figures don't they?

They just seem to live in a different world compared to those with some common sense.

And a belated welcome to you Mrs. Pattycake :welcome:

Zander

Mrs Pattycake

Patron with Honors
Yes I know exactly what you're saying there. I saw that event on video and I had the same reaction, and I seem to remember how they were praising TC for "introducing" so many hundreds of millions of people to scn. Yeah, like "introducing" in the sense of putting them off it for life!

Also, I don't know if anyone noticed but they claimed that TC had been promoting scn for 20 years and seeing as this event was in 2004 that would make it that he joined in 1984, which I know is not correct. They do just like to round up their figures don't they?

They just seem to live in a different world compared to those with some common sense.

And a belated welcome to you Mrs. Pattycake :welcome:

Thanks Zander -

I do not know if at the time that DM's reputation was under attack from anon - because at that time I had never heard of anon - and I was still under the delusion that DM was the greatest thing that had ever happened to Scio except for LRH (of course ). :duh:

But I re-looked at the video a few weeks back and saw TC doing his fabulous speech about how DM was the greatest, kindest, most compassionate and intelligent leader on the planet and he would know because he has met them all - and I wondered if DM was already starting to have PR problems and that he called up his mate TC and explained this and got TC to do this speech as a PR exercise for him - to "settle" any unrest in the camps -what do you think ?

For me and obviously for some of you it worked as an indicator that something was wrong - I thought it was something wrong with TC - but maybe DM was attempting to bolster his image ?

Mrs Pattycake

Patron with Honors
Oops - I some how stuffed up on the quote in my last post - you have to excuse me - female and definately technically challenged !!! I'm sure I'll get the hang of it - nothing a few drills and a bit of cramming and wordclearing couldn't fix !!!

Thanks for the invite asagai - and the suggestions on phone tactics Dulloldfart - its not time yet - too much going on - I think the shock waves of loosing a "double diamond" are tremendous - they are trying to contain the impact - so I am doing my bit but in a different manner at the moment !!! If you get my drift :coolwink:

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
A belated welcome to Mrs Pattycake and ThisIsIt. Good to see that the protests are having the desires outcome.

What is a double diamond? A Patron with Honors times 2?

Mrs Pattycake

Patron with Honors
Exactly ... what the f@*# is a "double diamond" !!!

In Amway ( the multi level marketing selling of cleaning products etc )- you work your way up the status chain and when you reach a particularly high level you get the honorable title of "double diamond ". It means absolutely nothing to anyone on the outside - so I thought it quite an apt description of the imaginery status I have strived for and achieved -going up the Bridge ... all the way to "double diamond" !!!

You can't just pay to be a "double diamond' - you pay and jump through all the hoops ! It takes time, determination and effort (as well as a lot of money) to get to double diamond - they don't just give these away - you have to be totally sucked in to the alternate reality that is Scientology .

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ah yes, I was a solid platinum diamond crowned member.

And to contribute something towards the topic of this thread. I don't thing I've gotten angry yet. Depressed, but not angry. Maybe I'm jumping levels.

Lovesnightsky

Silver Meritorious Patron
wow... what a fantastic thread!

Those stages ring so true indeed.

And yes, chosing to do something about it is definitelly where I'm at at the moment :)

Welcome Mrs Pattycake and ThatIsIt!!!

byte301

Crusader
"And thanks byte for the SP status - I was just thinking that if I got myself one of those I'd probably get off all the call in and mail lists a bit faster ! "

You are welcome Mrs. Pattycake! We value the title here. In fact I made up a badge to wear to the next protest that says, "Hi, I'm a proud SP"!

Take your time about being out. It seems to be a different journey for everyone. Oh, and save your $cilon mail. Anons love to get it so they can post it. (Take your name and address off, of course!)

Last edited:

sandygirl

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome Mrs. Pattycake and Thisisit!!!!!

I started lurking about a year ago and finally started posting around 6mos. I know what you mean about that stupid TC video. Our org had it on a loop and when I was waiting for more latest ethics "handleing" I had to watch that friggin thing 20 times.

I LOVED how he said he wished he had time to "romp and play" but he just couldn't cause he KNEW. HA HA Every time I saw him on TV he was romping!!!!

Anyways girls, get ready for an education. I learned more about the so-called church on the internet, than growing up in a $cio family!!!!! I know the scios. say the stuff on the internet is all lies-but when I first started reading I could pick out the truthfulness in the stories right away!!!!

How did you finally manage to break free??

ThisIsIt

Patron with Honors
>>How did you finally manage to break free??<<

Thanks Sally Dance for the welcome.

Someone please tell me how to to the efficient quote thingie in here!
:confused2:

Hmmm...good question about breaking free.

I got on the internet about 10-11 yrs ago. I actually
experienced the stuff Tory talks about with "banks of computers"
because I used to check stuff out back then. I thought it was all real though,
not a phony set up of people posting PR crap.
Amazing how I stayed "glued" to the philopsophy even through that.
However, the process took awhile. More years of outrageous money
flows, kids being mistreated etc. I also started researching Ron's death.

A big thing that happen with me is that over the last 8 years or so I
experienced an unbearable feeling of being OVERRUN all the time. Course, ethics,
reg cycles, testimonials, too much mail, events (and their lengths), IAS donations,
overdrawn checking accounts because of it all. :omg:

I finally kinda of exploded and fortunately I had safe terminals. I look
forward to all my terminals being that way or it not mattering.

I lurked here for a few months too. Great boards...I really appreciate
all the viewpoints and stories.:bighug:

More later....

:coolwink:

ThisIsIt

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
>>How did you finally manage to break free??<<

Thanks Sally Dance for the welcome.

Someone please tell me how to to the efficient quote thingie in here!
:confused2:

Click on the "Quote" icon at the bottom right of the post you are responding to.

The whole post will appear between tags {QUOTE=Pixicles;159206}here is the post you are quoting, written by Pixicles in post number 159206{/QUOTE}. Except it will be []'s instead of {}'s. You can snip bits out as you wish if you don't want to quote the whole post.

If you wish to break it up, simply manually type is the {QUOTE}here is the post you{/QUOTE} tags.

Paul

Pixie

Crusader
:duh:

Thanks Paul!

Will experiment with it soon.

ThisIsIt

With respect to Paul, his explanations can be a little confusing at times and overly complicated.

Try it on this, you've finished reading this post to you, you want to reply, this is all you do..

Click quote, start typing, submit reply. :D

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
:duh:

Thanks Paul!

Will experiment with it soon.

ThisIsIt

Yeah, it's tricky. It requires a whole different set of mental and physical skills to move the cursor over to the bottom right instead of the bottom left. It's a yin/yang thing. Some people never get the hang of it. I hear meditation sometimes works. There are some books you can get at the library on it--I'll see if I can dig up the titles for you.

If you like I'll make a YouTube video showing how to do it, like I did with the multiquotes. I'll do it after the "How to Make Friends Online, Excepting Pixie" one. :)

Paul

ThisIsIt

Patron with Honors
Yeah, it's tricky. It requires a whole different set of mental and physical skills to move the cursor over to the bottom right instead of the bottom left. It's a yin/yang thing. Some people never get the hang of it. I hear meditation sometimes works. There are some books you can get at the library on it--I'll see if I can dig up the titles for you.

If you like I'll make a YouTube video showing how to do it, like I did with the multiquotes. I'll do it after the "How to Make Friends Online, Excepting Pixie" one. :)

Paul

BY GOD I THINK I'VE GOT IT :dieslaughing:

I already know how to meditate. Or were you referring to the yin/yang part? Oh shit, do I dare try to respond to Pixie on same one. Later....

Anyway, thank to you Pixie too.

:dieslaughing: :dieslaughing: :dieslaughing:

ThisIsIt