What's new

Stages of Leaving Scientology

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Well, it may have been that time you kidnapped my nephew and sent me a PM demanding a ransom. Or maybe I'm just psychic? :confused2:

evil_easter_bunny.jpg

OMG I thought I had the last copy of that.

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
ESMB - History is made!

Geez Feral! My God! 15 years on solo NOTS - including FPRD and all that sec checking??? Fuck me dead!!!!!
Your excerpt - yep, yep, yep! and sad, sad sad!

I have not much to say, except you've had a bloody rough ride.

Glad you're dealing with it! Am interested in the whole story.

Love,
Scio not Cultist

15July2008 :yes:

Carmel, then posting under a nom de plume, introduces "FMD" into EP's vocabulary and to the lexicon of ESMB! :ohmy::happydance:

And that, dear hearts, is your "bump" for the day from EP! :coolwink:

Sindy

Crusader
15July2008 :yes:

Carmel, then posting under a nom de plume, introduces "FMD" into EP's vocabulary and to the lexicon of ESMB! :ohmy::happydance:

And that, dear hearts, is your "bump" for the day from EP! :coolwink:

Good thread to bump. I think, here on ESMB, meticulously going through all of Veda's threads and posts could quickly bring someone to a 9 1/2: Realization it was not only all about the money but about totalitarian control and enslavement. In addition to the many great contributions from all the members here, I believe Veda's hard work and very thorough documentation should be specifically recognized and utilized for getting a person through all the steps. They have helped me tremendously in this regard.

Depti912

I need help! my family member is a scientologist and she moved to the center at clear water about 2 yrs ago. She says that she is almost done w her internships? I feel terrified for her and I want to know if there is anything that can be done. We have minimal contact with her. didnt know where to turn to any more.

Arnie Lerma's 8 Steps out of Scientology was a big help to me. It gave me a reference and explanation of the journey. Here is the original :
http://www.lermanet.com/cos/8steps.html
------------------------------------
This is my own personal view of the stages of leaving Scientology. I realise it's an individual journey and some may not agree with me, but it's worth discussing. It's around point 6 that many seem to go back and forth a bit.

1) Noticing there is something wrong in some area.

2) Attempting to have the wrongness corrected locally.
(“It must be just that person’s Mus”.)

3) Attempting to have wrongness corrected by upper manangement.
("The local area is not following Source.”)

4) Personal Ethics cycles/sec checks as none of your reports were acted on and so any disagreement must be your fault. At this point you either step back in line or start seeking more information.

5) CRISIS POINT. The realisation that orgs are not run the way you first envisioned, and the thought that it must have changed with DM and has been “taken over”.

6) Finding out the truth about all the lies you were told. At this point you may still want to believe that some parts of the “tech” works, or that it was only in later years that it went wrong.

7) Realising that Hubbard designed it all from the start.

8) Realising it is a complete fraud, there are no Clears and Ots and it was all about money.

9) Wanting to do something about it.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Arnie Lerma's 8 Steps out of Scientology was a big help to me. It gave me a reference and explanation of the journey. Here is the original :
This is my own personal view of the stages of leaving Scientology. I realise it's an individual journey and some may not agree with me, but it's worth discussing. It's around point 6 that many seem to go back and forth a bit.

4) Personal Ethics cycles/sec checks as none of your reports were acted on and so any disagreement must be your fault. At this point you either step back in line or start seeking more information.

5) CRISIS POINT. The realisation that orgs are not run the way you first envisioned, and the thought that it must have changed with DM and has been “taken over”.

6) Finding out the truth about all the lies you were told. At this point you may still want to believe that some parts of the “tech” works, or that it was only in later years that it went wrong.

8) Realising it is a complete fraud, there are no Clears and Ots and it was all about money.

10) Doing something about it!:coolwink: Posting on the internet and telling your story! Telling everyone you see and meet about the Cult called Scientology...and they tell others and they tell others and so on and so on...:happydance:

11) Did we mention "ANONYMOUS"???

Annie Bunny

"Take me to church" by Hozier. Perfect.
Leaving the Church - waking up

1. admitting that you are in poverty and it's not going to get any better than this;

2. any WOG friends that you had are living far better than you;

3. your goals are submerged into what LRH wanted; (i.e. all counter intention must be removed);

4. discovering that life is much better outside Scientology.
I could relate to that back when I left Specially number one.

screamer2

Idiot Bastardson
I could relate to that back when I left Specially number one.
It happened to me, too. And more.

I thought I should mention that I am particularly adverse to responding to threads that are over five years old since the last post. It's not a hard set rule, there are no hard set rules, it's not wrong to do but I might generally opt to start a new thread if the last post of the thread is older than five years or so. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Annie Bunny

"Take me to church" by Hozier. Perfect.
It happened to me, too. And more.

I thought I should mention that I am particularly adverse to responding to threads that are over five years old since the last post. It's not a hard set rule, there are no hard set rules, it's not wrong to do but I might generally opt to start a new thread if the thread is older than five years or so. Just my opinion.
That makes sense. I didnt even check the date. Just learning the ropes here.

Gib

Crusader

that sums it up for me.