What's new

Stats – Flag Tour Los Angeles

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
Yes, the source is Marty, but the e-mail seems legit and, if so, this is some interesting data.

Stats – Flag Tour Los Angeles :

Reply-to: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Sent: 3/20/2010 4:04:02 P.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: 30 confirmed for tomorrow, are you kddding?????
Come on guys, we dropped mandatory from the emails; we dropped chits for not showing up; and we get 30 confirms for Mr Rabey briefing? I think it communicates something we really do not want to communicate as a team.

So please show up 3 pm Sunday, AOLA Atrium.

Let me know.

ML, Maria Robb 5X I/C
[email protected]

I also found the following comments interesting:

Tim H. // March 21, 2010 at 4:51 am | Reply

How many confirms would they have gotten 10-15 years ago?

Ceileen // March 21, 2010 at 5:23 am | Reply

Tim H
Just 3 yrs ago they would have packed AOLA Atrium and spilled out into the org.

[URL="http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/03/21/real-stats-flag-tour-los-angeles/#comment-16220"]Ceileen // March 21, 2010 at 5:20 am | Reply

This fits with my own recent observations of an empty FSC office at 5 pm on a Weds. Also virtually empty AOLA, empty street at dinner time except for a few public and staff going to dinner, virtually empty new premises LA Org. Next day I went to Santa Barbara to say hello. Door was open but nobody was on the entire first floor, had to call up the stairs to get the ONE staff member on post, Div 6 Supe, to tell me no staff but him show up on Thurs until after Noon. He had 1 student. After crying my eyes out, I drove to Los Gatos, still Thursday, got there 5:50 pm, in time to see 3 public leave at the dinner break. On the board up for LRH B’day Comps there were @15 names, all were Basics Comps, with 1 Solo One Comp. The staff all put up a brave front. I was devastated and could not believe how bad things have gotten since I was unwillingly routed out of the S.O.
[/URL]

sherrymk // March 21, 2010 at 5:22 am | Reply

The thing is that these “Mr. Rabey is coming to town” meetings/events happen maybe once a month and have for years. There just isn’t the field anymore. How many times can the same person say the same thing and expect public to show up? Mr. Rabey has been saying basically the same patter varied this way or that for years. I was on the Flag WUS OT Comm for 13 years and went to tons of these. Same ol same ol. “Come to Flag NOW”.

-- Reading Marty's blog since 2009 so you don't have to.

Posted to WWP: Stats – Flag Tour Los Angeles

/

Miss Penguin

Patron with Honors
Wow. I guess glossy magazines full of pictures of "expansion" in the form of beautiful buildings is no longer fooling as many people. They know the ship is sinking and seem to be jumping in the life boats.