Steve Hall's post on closed Indy Facebook group

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Sneaks.jpg

I think he's actually quite sweet under all the Scientology rubbish, but he seems to be in a permanent state of self-righteous indignation about the fact that other people have their own opinions about Scientology.

I'm not too sure, his pompous ego makes me think any "sweetness" he displays is a result of being lonely, due directly to his pompous, asshole like behavior. His constant online posting makes it obvious his social life only exists online. It's not fun being holier than thou and superior if no one can stand you enough to be around and allow you to lord over them.

The other incredible, painful irony is some one constantly throwing hissy fits about "facts and proof" yet follows Hubbard who did nothing but pull statements and imperatives out of his ass with zero proof or facts offered. (Just take Hubbard's word he did lots of research,you or any one else just isn't allowed to see it - ever.)
It's beyond bizarre behavior. Sadly it just furthers my belief that SO indoctrination truly does completely short circuit critical thinking (ESP about Hubbard) in many.

Sneakster, like many people even non-Scientologists, has a big problem with confirmation bias. He can't accept any facts, proof or statements that oppose his deeply engrained beliefs - he can only digest proof or facts that either support his beliefs or are about subjects he's indifferent or not strongly invested in. It's only worse with him due to his delusion that he's a totally "fact" orientated guy - a regular Perry Mason of Scientology. I'd find it sad if he didn't act like such a gigantic, obnoxious ass about it all.

Free Being Me

Crusader
Re: Hall posts a mea culpa (sorta)

I think it is a mental illness in the worst cases. The way Steve Hall was behaving on that thread was just completely abnormal and like a mini nervous breakdown.

I feel for these people and I wish them well, but I disagree with what they are doing 100%

I feel for them as well ... but up to a point. I understand having been a $cio, the sheer volume of spoon fed assumptions and lies Hub dished out. With the internet available as well as published media, too much information is readily accessible; Lisa McPherson, My Billion Year Contract, Messiah Or Madman, Paulette Cooper, The Covert Operations, ESMB, Operation Clam Bake, Why WE Protest and no super X-Men powers for a bridge to no where. It's not as if the ex-scio's here collectively decided to make all this info up one day out of boredom.

Some people are a lost cause.

Sindy

Crusader
Re: Hall posts a mea culpa (sorta)

I feel for them as well ... but up to a point. I understand having been a $cio, the sheer volume of spoon fed assumptions and lies Hub dished out. With the internet available as well as published media, too much information is readily accessible; Lisa McPherson, My Billion Year Contract, Messiah Or Madman, Paulette Cooper, The Covert Operations, ESMB, Operation Clam Bake, Why WE Protest and no super X-Men powers for a bridge to no where. It's not as if the ex-scio's here collectively decided to make all this info up one day out of boredom.

Some people are a lost cause.

Yes. At this point, with the plethora of data out there, it actually requires a very deliberate, conscious effort NOT to find out the truth. To be in a position where one has supposedly spent the vast majority of one's life seeking truth, to then do anything and everything to avoid finding it is really utter madness.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I think some people get trapped by Scientology because they can't tolerate uncertainty, and uncertainty is a fact of life. We don't even know what the weather will be like tomorrow, or what mood we will be in when we wake up. Ambivalence is a fact of life too. We might like someone, but sometimes they irritate us. Is that them, or is it us? We like our work, but sometimes we get tired of it. Scientology can help people to paper over those cracks with a layer of 'certainty', which means that we can get away without needing to really deeply examine ourselves, and seeing what's really happening in our lives.

loose cannon

Patron with Honors

Drat!! Outed by Sneaky . . .

8142645044_44c7cf3eb7.jpg

I've just learned that they're still investigating the information leak. They're apparently not satisfied enough with this finding. So I think they'll go after other people... freezoners in the first place presumably. They're probably dramatizing medieval witch hunts...

Anonycat

Crusader
I think some people get trapped by Scientology because they can't tolerate uncertainty, and uncertainty is a fact of life. We don't even know what the weather will be like tomorrow, or what mood we will be in when we wake up. Ambivalence is a fact of life too. We might like someone, but sometimes they irritate us. Is that them, or is it us? We like our work, but sometimes we get tired of it. Scientology can help people to paper over those cracks with a layer of 'certainty', which means that we can get away without needing to really deeply examine ourselves, and seeing what's really happening in our lives.

Yes. And this certainty simplifies complex matters in ways of relationships with the outside world. If your family doesn't like you being in scientology, fine, never speak to them again. The certainty - I think - is also the foundation of the loyalty to maintaining a financial relationship. Loyalty will buy you an agreement to spend all of your time and money on things scientology.

Your classes include free life-coaching! Dump your family & friends, they are holding you back from the promise of an eternal memory and rehabilitation of the soul!

Also, your complicated family matters have been settled in under 5 minutes.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I've just learned that they're still investigating the information leak. They're apparently not satisfied enough with this finding. So I think they'll go after other people... freezoners in the first place presumably. They're probably dramatizing medieval witch hunts...

To be honest I'm glad that they are showing us (unwittingly) what the [STRIKE]In[/STRIKE]Dependent Scientology movement is really like underneath Marty and his close associate's PR. And it seems that what is underneath it is the same old Scientology that we were so glad to walk away from.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Agreed. Scientology's real product (the thing Hubbard was really selling), if you want to call it that, is self-certainty. I am more inclined to that idea attributed to Steven Hawking;

"I wish I was as certain of ANYTHING as (he/she) seems to be about EVERYTHING."
(words to that effect.)

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
A couple of things I've found interesting about this whole amusing episode.

- Double standards. Sneaks is well known for his relentless requests for documentation & exact "time, place form & event" yet is willing to believe an accusation against unnamed individuals, at an unknown time, spewed from Steve Hall in a fit of face-rip-itus with ZILCH factual basis, is totally true. WOW.

- If you read the three or four different screen captures from that Facebook group you will get a good insight into what "new Scientology" will feel like if it ever does get into "power". Imagine living in a world run by these kooks.

- I like Sneaks. I like his passion. However Sneaks needs to wake the fuck up and realise what group he's joining.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Agreed. Scientology's real product (the thing Hubbard was really selling), if you want to call it that, is self-certainty. I am more inclined to that idea attributed to Steven Hawking;

"I wish I was as certain of ANYTHING as (he/she) seems to be about EVERYTHING."
(words to that effect.)

Thanks. Here's something related.

4v6XP.jpg

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator

I can imagine the witch hunting going on.

Who is the imposter!

We need a head on a pike!

HCO bring order!!!!

Veda

Sponsor
To be honest I'm glad that they are showing us (unwittingly) what the [STRIKE]In[/STRIKE]Dependent Scientology movement is really like underneath Marty and his close associate's PR. And it seems that what is underneath it is the same old Scientology that we were so glad to walk away from.

Won't go into specifics on this, or any detail, but I was informed that not long ago a Marty person (inner circle) contacted the landlord of a person that the Marty person believed to be an "anti-Independent Scientology" poster on ESMB, and attempted by "friendly" persuasion&subtle intimidation, to convince that landlord to pressure the suspected "anti-Independent Scientology" poster to shut up, in other words, stop expressing views disagreeable to the Marty person.

Independent Scientology is still Scientology.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Just by the way, Michael's reasoning that Infinite/Blip/Da Blipster is probably a Yaude sock-puppet, as he's "99.99% certain", seems kinda flawed to me given the nature of Infinite/Blip/Da Blipster's postings. An OSA-bot would never be allowed to say some of those things, regardless of the purpose.
Just saying. :)

Smilla

Ordinary Human
(Forgive me for re-posting this, it just seems to fit what we're talking about.)

The Core beliefs of a Fundamentalist Scientologist.

1. Belief in the
infallibility or - near-infallability of Hubbard, or the fictional person, 'LRH.'
2. Belief in a Hubbard - devised 'Standard Tech.'
3. Belief in the thought-stopping dictat of KSW.
4. Belief that the states of Clear and OT - as defined by Hubbard, can be achieved through the application of Scientology.
5. The belief that only Scientologists can understand Scientology.

Anyone who has those firmly in place can reasonably be described as a Fundamentalist Scientologist.

The Cof $, Freezone, and Independents, though in some senses separate entities, make up the Cult of Hubbard, and agree more than they disagree.

06/08/2012