What's new

Still looking for my brother -Andrew Barton

Deeana

Patron with Honors
MISSING SINCE 2007 - SOUGHT BY FAMILY

Andrew Barton
Citizen of Australia
Physical description: Dark hair
(Tall and slim? Medium with stocky build? Those who last served with him could perhaps guess height.)

Last seen alive: Purportedly in Sydney, Australia around 2007
(Was this a confirmed sighting? Who made the sighting? Did they actually speak directly to Andrew?)

Background: Joined Sea Organization of Church of $cientology as a teenager. Spent time in England at St. Hill Org. Served aboard $cientology-owned vessel Freewinds. Unauthorized departure from Cof$ around 2006-2007. Due to unauthorized departure unlikely to hold original passport, but could have obtained replacement.

Skill set: Seaman skills, but likely not certified. Computer literate.

Family: Parents and a sister in Australia who seek contact with him. Another sister in Cof$ "Hole" in California, USA.

Contact: If you have any information about Andrew Barton, please post anonymously on the "Still looking for my brother - Andrew Barton" thread at "www.forum.exscn.net". ANY little bit of information may help!
-----------------------

The above information can be copied and posted to other websites and message boards.

Search agencies for Australia:

When there has been a loss of contact over time with a family member however they are not a missing person by definition, the following search agencies may be able to help in locating them.

Salvation Army Family Tracing Service

Operates a worldwide search network for family members that have lost contact with relatives. Also provides a service (NSW Only) for people separated by government intervention.

Australian Red Cross

Conducts worldwide searches through the International Red Cross/Crescent Movement in approximately 177 countries.

Link Up

Provides reunion services to adult Aboriginals separated from their families and cultures by government intervention policies such as adoption, fostering or institutionalisation.

International Social Services

Helps trace family members separated by adoption or other legal intervention, international child abduction and voluntary or forced migration.

Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)

Provides advice and assistance where there are serious concerns for the safety and welfare of Australians overseas.

http://www.missingpersons.gov.au/re...spx?_id=D5016AD097E14CFBAF3EC3A478A4C2AC&_z=z

--------------------------------------

Question: Isn't it unusual for someone who has blown the SO to so thoroughly disappear? They would have no money and few contacts other than non-Cof$ family members, right? Anyone know of others who have "gone missing" after blowing the SO?

eta: The reason I ask this is that I noticed while watching the Tory Magoo/Mark Fisher interview - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtCVOhhf9Uw - how casually Mr. Fisher uses phrase "without having to kill anybody" and in describing Miscavige says "he forces people to do things against the cost of death".

Granted, the "death" in this context may be "no longer being a scientologist" or "being sent to RPF"? But it is also known that within domestic violence/homicide cases, the murderer has often verbalized the act prior to committing it.

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Figureed it was time to re announce my search for my younger brother Andrew.

Worked on the Freewinds for many years - apparently blew in 2006-2007. Have no idea what happened to him.

Australian born - probably still has an aussie passport. Heard rumours he was being a merchant marine. But only rumours.

Anyone have any info???

Parents want desparately to get a hold of him.

Hope someone knows something.

Thanks

Ozzie:missyou:
Timely Bump for the newbies... anyone?

Crashed Alien

Patron with Honors
each time someone replays,thread goes first on main page.... so maybe some guest or lurker can help with some answer....:thumbsup:

Koki,

Thanks, I think I understand now.

I hope Andy is OK...

Andy, please leave your brother a message if you read this... Just say something that he would know was from you, just to let him know that you are alive and well...

We would appreciate it too.

Crash

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Ozzie last posted in Mar 2013 in this thread... He may not have setting set to receiving notifications of this and that thread. Finding My Bro
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?6996-Finding-my-bro

I would PM him but as I understand it, the forum is no longer forwarding notices to members of new PMs.. ethercat told me it has something about some previous issues with the format program used here and there needing to be an upgrade of that program first. Unfortunately there is no email address for him either.
I guess we just have to hope he drops by to see the requests for more details and what DeAnna posted about how to research people in Australia

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Ozzie last posted in Mar 2013 in this thread... He may not have setting set to receiving notifications of this and that thread. Finding My Bro
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?6996-Finding-my-bro

I would PM him but as I understand it, the forum is no longer forwarding notices to members of new PMs.. ethercat told me it has something about some previous issues with the format program used here and there needing to be an upgrade of that program first. Unfortunately there is no email address for him either.
I guess we just have to hope he drops by to see the requests for more details and what DeAnna posted about how to research people in Australia

I'll let her know. :)

ozzie

Patron with Honors
Thank you everyone. I still have no new information on my brother. Most avenues have been taken by my family to find him and we still can't.

I guess when he is ready he will make himself known.

Thanks for the concern I appreciate it very much.

By the way I am a girl - just thought I'd let ya all know. LOL

Ozzie :biggrin:

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Hey Ozzie,

I recommend contacting the Mission to Seafarers. They're a good organisation, promoting welfare among seafarers. They might be able to get a message to Andrew... I don't know for sure, but I think it's worth a try.

http://www.missiontoseafarers.org/about-us

Either contact them formally, or perhaps try a "Hail Mary pass" in the form of a postcard, sent to one or more of the missions. Heck, let's have a writing campaign, and we could have a postcard waiting for him at every one of 260 missions, worldwide. I think that might make the news, too.

It sounds crazy, I know... but miracles happen. Remember the woman who sent a post card to the hostage Terry Waite, "C/O Hezbollah, Beirut." It reached him.

God damn this cult for what it does to families. Let's undo a piece of the damage that L Ron Hubbard did to the world.

pebbles

Patron with Honors
Bumping for newbies.

Had some spare time to look for information. Spent a lot of time looking through scilon groups on fb.
Found nothing.

Any updates or info would be appreciated.

ozzie

Patron with Honors
Thank you for bumping this thread.

My brother still remains unfound. My family have done all they can in finding him. Now it is up to him to come to his senses.
I appreciate all the kind thoughts and comments.

Ozzie:)

If you go on Facebook and search, there are many "Andrew Barton" accounts. Many are in Australia too..... just type Andrew Barton Australia to see them all.

BeenLiedTo

Last edited:

ndp

Patron
A precise birthdate would be helpful, as it would make searching databases more effective.
For instance . . . the Australian Electoral Commission (rolls are public documents), if he lived in Australia at any time after he left the Freewinds.