What's new

STOP CALLING

Cowsmu?

Patron
I left the Sea Org in 1982. I STILL get hand-written letters and phone calls! I have blocked some 20+ numbers on my home phone but they keep calling from different numbers. Some letters they even have the gall to to ask me if I handled the ARC break with my sister - disclosed in an auditing session 37 years ago!!

I switched cell phones and "David Wilson" from the local Continental Liason Office called me today, wanting to "help" me.

I threatened legal action and he hung up.

I called the number back and the receptionist identified me by caller ID. I said if I got any more calls I was getting a lawyer.

I get calls and letters from LA, FL, NY, and the midwest.

What does it take to stop the calls and letters???

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
They will not stop, except in the face of legal threats.

In which case they will declare you a "suppressive person".

Steven

My name is Chris, and I was a Scientologist
I've been writing "REJECTED: RETURN TO SENDER" on everything they send me. Is that a viable strategy? I assume there's some policy dealing with rejected mail.

Edit: The other benefit I forgot to mention is that the rejected mail sticking out of my mailbox may serve as a warning to Scientologists stalking me at home. It's like the proverbial head on a pike at the gate!

The postman takes everything, so I assume it's getting back to the myriad of orgs sending me crap. My next step is to buy a big red stamp so I don't have to handwrite half a dozen of their mailings every day.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have 37 blocked numbers - but it's not a competition.

I get a kick out of how they spoof numbers from all over the country but in their desperately Tone 40 anonymous messages they leave an obviously Scientology (323) area code call back number.

We can put an end to this anytime we want as long as we are willing to stop toying around with the SP declare but I'm still enjoying some dark amusement out of being one of the remaining 10 million Scientologists that never takes their calls.

Steven

I have 37 blocked numbers - but it's not a competition.

I get a kick out of how they spoof numbers from all over the country but in their desperately Tone 40 anonymous messages they leave an obviously Scientology (323) area code call back number.

We can put an end to this anytime we want as long as we are willing to stop toying around with the SP declare but I'm still enjoying some dark amusement out of being one of the remaining 10 million Scientologists that never takes their calls.
I wrote a KR on an SO from out West who spoofed a local area code when I wouldn't answer his calls. (I'm in the Midwest.) Looking back, I made some bold moves in my year in Scientology based on taking them at their word.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I wrote a KR on an SO from out West who spoofed a local area code when I wouldn't answer his calls. (I'm in the Midwest.) Looking back, I made some bold moves in my year in Scientology based on taking them at their word.
Apparently there is easily available software that makes spoofing extremely easy now and I would be surprised if this wasn't standard in all of their call centers. They use paid services which are very effective at obtaining address and hard line or cell phone information wherever you live or work so I would expect that they simply spoof area codes at any of these locales. I'm not sure if it is illegal but it certainly is calculating, manipulative and deceptive.

I doubt a Knowledge Report would have any effect but as I think you are saying, you were still trying to cooperate on the misguided basis that Church policy was sensible and fair. I can see how a lot of public out on the fringe might continue to adhere to that notion. Being ex-SO losing faith and trust in policy was the first to go for me, losing faith in the tech to follow. From their perspective a Scientologist in good standing should accept spoofing as being for the greatest good for the greater number of dynamics (read: Scientology) and a complaint would constitute deviant behavior that would put you on their Ethics radar.

LRH said morals are relative, ie. a thief would feel guilty if he didn't steal something when he could. A Scientologist would feel guilty if they didn't spoof when they thought it might result in someone answering the call. They must vet call center people to be heavily indoctrinated as they will be exposed to righteous indignation and bubble bursting truth. If I were them I'd use 2nd gens who just didn't know any other reality or old veteran staff who weren't good for anything else.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good replies above.

Calls made, items mailed off etc. all count as "outflow" when you're on staff, and the one thing the people making these calls, sending off the mailings etc. fear is their stats dropping and them being placed in "lowers", i.e. a bad ethics condition, as a result.

Getting yourself declared, or getting the lawyers involved, is the best plan for dealing with this that I know of.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
About 6 years ago I asked for the caller and their supervisors name and positions in the org. I then told them that I didn't want any more mail or phone calls and thank you very much and that all that information of their names and posts would be included in a police report that I was working on. About 9 months later I received only one bulk mailing piece from them and zero phone calls since I started the police report draft. I still have the pending police report and will add any mail or calls that I receive from them.

So unfortunately they are downstat and not helping with my police report by calling or mailing me at all.

Slackers.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I haven't had any contact from them since I was declared many years ago. Being declared seems to be the best way to get rid of them but it obviously would be a problem if you still have family in the cult.

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
I took Ron's advice and mocked up my own universe where they don't exist.

7bba0d16f6a68d8d1e26dd0d8db34672.jpg

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
I left the Sea Org in 1982. I STILL get hand-written letters and phone calls! I have blocked some 20+ numbers on my home phone but they keep calling from different numbers. Some letters they even have the gall to to ask me if I handled the ARC break with my sister - disclosed in an auditing session 37 years ago!!

I switched cell phones and "David Wilson" from the local Continental Liason Office called me today, wanting to "help" me.

I called the number back and the receptionist identified me by caller ID. I said if I got any more calls I was getting a lawyer.

I've heard a rumor that you can forward select callers to any number of your choice, such as the number of the main reg who keeps calling. Then populate the forward callers list with all the other reg's who also keep calling so that it ends up with reg's calling other reg's asking each other for you. Then for some reason they all quit calling...
Then I've heard of people sticking unwanted letters from them on boxes of junk, nothing illegal though. Then writing return to sender on it and having them get billed for the excess postage due on the return. Sending them back their books to make it more realistic is one version I'd heard of. Never tried either though...

Steven

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Hell yeah!!! I had no idea this exists.

Instructions for At&t:

Exclusive Call Forwarding Forwards select calls to another number, and all other calls to voicemail. Choose up to 20 numbers in your online AT&T account. Activate: Press *63#. Deactivate: Press *83# (All stored numbers are lost when you deactivate.)

So glad to help out!
You can even put the reg's on to people who've fucked you over so that they end up with reg's calling them, initially for you, but then seeing their different names on caller ID the reg's get REAL INTERESTED IN THEM as potential public and once they get them in their caller index the calls become more or less routine! Or so I've heard and would imagine...
A real estate agent that fucked me over on a house purchase started getting "wheel barrows", as he put it, full of Scientology promo delivered to his porch each day and blamed me for it as he had heard I'd been a Scientologist. More to the story on that bit of deviousness than I'd care to get into with OSA watching though. God knows they've fucked me over big time after I got out when they were still the GO ...

Steven

So glad to help out!
You can even put the reg's on to people who've fucked you over so that they end up with reg's calling them, initially for you, but then seeing their different names on caller ID the reg's get REAL INTERESTED IN THEM as potential public and once they get them in their caller index the calls become more or less routine! Or so I've heard and would imagine...
A real estate agent that fucked me over on a house purchase started getting "wheel barrows", as he put it, full of Scientology promo delivered to his porch each day and blamed me for it as he had heard I'd been a Scientologist. More to the story on that bit of deviousness than I'd care to get into with OSA watching though. God knows they've fucked me over big time after I got out when they were still the GO ...
Wow! So brutal! I hate Scientology so much right now I hadn't thought of the possibility of using Scientology as a weapon against others. lol Fortunately, I hate next to no one enough to wish Scientology upon them. Although there is one staff member from the Org that I hope joins the SO. Is that evil???

This is the steroid pumped version of what we did in high school, sending in a card from every magazine in the mall bookstore with a hated teacher's name and address. The initial deluge of magazines probably sucked at first, but at least the free trial stops after a couple months. Not so with Scientology! It's eternal M-Fer.

Steven

Imagine setting up a script online that puts someone’s name, number and email on EVERY Scientology mailing list. Lord god.

Wilbur

Patron Meritorious
"75 million years ago the head of the galactic confederation, name of Xenu, wanted to handle an overpopulation problem in the 76 planets of the confederation..."

That should stop the phone calls at least.

You could print out the first page of OTIII, in Hubbard's own scrawl, and enclose a copy of it in each letter you send back to them. That might get you off the mailing lists.

Last edited:

Out Effix

Out Ethics Ex Ethics Officer

Tell them you are doing another practice and you realized "I am mocking up my own reactive mind but can stop it" and that you also felt a bunch of Bee Tee's all over you and you prayed for them to leave you - you got in comm with them and told them to go - get out - and they blew.

You love this new practice that you have no more interest in Scientology.

You are going to share your "wins" from the new practice with everyone that calls or writes.

That will do it! :gotcha: