Structures and payrolls of orgs

lexmark

Patron with Honors
I would like to post a new article concerning the pay structure and organizational structure of scientology.

The organizations were a type of pyramid where the lower orgs would feed the higher orgs and ultimately the Flag Ship. I am not 100% sure today but probably the same or similar structure still applies. Class 4 orgs would recruit, train and process individuals and send them to AOs or Flag where the paid much more in order to go up the bridge.

When I was the CO of Johannesburg org we had around 60 staff members on staff. Then we had the Guardian office and the Continental Liaison Office each with similar numbers of staff. All these staff members were paid by the training and processing done by the Johannesburg Org. Also the rent for the Guardian Office and Liaison office plus payroll and food for the liaison office. There was never, never, never enough pay to go around for all the persons in these different organizations.

When I was on the station ship in Denmark the AO had to support us and most of the time we received no pay and often had to eat fried bread as there was just no money. But when I later transferred to Flag the food was fabulous and we always got paid. This because at that time the Flag Ship was at the top of the pyramid. This applied to the organizations in Europe and Africa but not sure of the other countries.

As far as I was concerned there was no need for AOs but this was set up to support the ships and keep them operating in order to control the AOs and keep the money flowing to Flag who stuck it away in offshore bank accounts. A class 4 organization could have run all the courses and processes up to the top of the bridge eliminating the need for AOs and eliminating the cost of extra staff and buildings and payrolls and ships. Another sticky point for the lower orgs was that they employed staff to sell books and which proceeds all went to Publications organizations which was another Sea Org institution. When we did not get paid which was nearly always LRH would say "If you don't get paid you can blame the person you see in the mirror", thus not taking any responsibility for the way he set up the orgs around the world. The Liaisons Organization also had a registrar who made tens of thousands of of dollars every week which was sent to the AOs but the office received nothing for the work done.

LRH set up the AOs due to the so called confidential nature of the materials but this was nonsense according to some of my friends OT3 was basically stuff on LRHs case and should not be run on everyone. These friends were class 8s. I have manged to read all the confidential materials such as NOTS, the L rundowns and OT8 which I downloaded from the internet and I was not impressed in the least. Also the E-meter which sells for around $4,000 cost about $10 to manufacture.

I think there is some good stuff at the lower levels of scientology and those orgs should continue but the rest including the Sea Org should be abolished

Travers Harris :grouch:

HCObringOrder?

Silver Meritorious Patron
I would like to post a new article concerning the pay structure and organizational structure of scientology.

The organizations were a type of pyramid where the lower orgs would feed the higher orgs and ultimately the Flag Ship. I am not 100% sure today but probably the same or similar structure still applies. Class 4 orgs would recruit, train and process individuals and send them to AOs or Flag where the paid much more in order to go up the bridge.

When I was the CO of Johannesburg org we had around 60 staff members on staff. Then we had the Guardian office and the Continental Liaison Office each with similar numbers of staff. All these staff members were paid by the training and processing done by the Johannesburg Org. Also the rent for the Guardian Office and Liaison office plus payroll and food for the liaison office. There was never, never, never enough pay to go around for all the persons in these different organizations.

When I was on the station ship in Denmark the AO had to support us and most of the time we received no pay and often had to eat fried bread as there was just no money. But when I later transferred to Flag the food was fabulous and we always got paid. This because at that time the Flag Ship was at the top of the pyramid. This applied to the organizations in Europe and Africa but not sure of the other countries.

As far as I was concerned there was no need for AOs but this was set up to support the ships and keep them operating in order to control the AOs and keep the money flowing to Flag who stuck it away in offshore bank accounts. A class 4 organization could have run all the courses and processes up to the top of the bridge eliminating the need for AOs and eliminating the cost of extra staff and buildings and payrolls and ships. Another sticky point for the lower orgs was that they employed staff to sell books and which proceeds all went to Publications organizations which was another Sea Org institution. When we did not get paid which was nearly always LRH would say "If you don't get paid you can blame the person you see in the mirror", thus not taking any responsibility for the way he set up the orgs around the world. The Liaisons Organization also had a registrar who made tens of thousands of of dollars every week which was sent to the AOs but the office received nothing for the work done.

LRH set up the AOs due to the so called confidential nature of the materials but this was nonsense according to some of my friends OT3 was basically stuff on LRHs case and should not be run on everyone. These friends were class 8s. I have manged to read all the confidential materials such as NOTS, the L rundowns and OT8 which I downloaded from the internet and I was not impressed in the least. Also the E-meter which sells for around $4,000 cost about $10 to manufacture.

I think there is some good stuff at the lower levels of scientology and those orgs should continue but the rest including the Sea Org should be abolished

Travers Harris :grouch:

Welcome.
Please write stories about Joberg.
I remember hearing many things about Joberg when I was at Flag.
It would be wonderful to hear more from your time.

Your notes above seem accurate, with the exception of the Flag finances.
The FSO was the primary money maker for FLB when I was there.
I would think that the top of the money chain was the LO/Gold Base, as those Sea Org entities never seemed to make money.
Perhaps now OSA and RTC are the money pits, besides of course David Miscaviage who is the biggest money pit in the the entire cult.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good to see your name again, Travers. I was in Cape Town Org for many years and I remember you well. In fact you CommEv'd me once! What fun we had.

Leon Swart

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
Excellent post

The pay structure was unworkable--Except for a few mission holders, a few FSM's and LRH.

You've made some insightful and clear observations that have helped my comprehension of the Scio pay experience. Truth be told, if I had made enough money to cover my basic expenses, I'd probably still be in. I'm really glad I'm not in, but the lack of income pushed me out. Once out, all the other stupidity became a lot more obvious. Lack of dough broke the spell.

OldAuditor

Patron with Honors
Designed to fail

Travers, your post strikes right to the root of the financial problems in the CofS.

The top-heavy structure of SCN ensures that there are several people supervising everyone who is actually producing. In addition, there is so much bypassing of the chain of command that the Execs on the bottom were being given cross orders even before Miscavige turned the management structure into a dog's breakfast.

There is so much pressure on auditors and course supervisors to produce rising stats that most of their effort goes into dodgy stat pushes instead of actual valuable production.

As a mission holder with 10 years of experience, I was well genned in on what worked and what didn't in terms of bringing public through the doors and getting them to sign up but I had at least one new program a month thrown in on top of everything else that had to be done now, now, now without dropping anything that was currently being done.

In corporate life I would have avoided such a poorly run company like the plague. It took me ten years to realize that LRH and his executives did not have a clue about running an organization with distributed levels of responsibility.

The only purpose of the Sea Org was to enforce cult behavior on the formerly free-wheeling churches and missions. The SO has no place in the future of a cult-free Scientology. If the CofS actually embraces reform, you will know it by the dissolution of the Sea Org.