Study Up For ‘Think’: Scientology's Promise Of 'Total Freedom' (L. Wright)

Anonycat

Crusader
Pulitzer Prize-winning writer Lawrence Wright of the New Yorker walks us past the tabloid racks and through the actual, mysterious Church of Scientology as a guest of Think. He’ll talk to host Krys Boyd at noon about his book Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief.

Listen to Think from noon to 2 p.m., Monday through Thursday, on KERA 90.1 or stream live at kera.org. For enlightened moments on the go, subscribe to our Twitter list of thinkers and changemakers who've appeared on the show.

Article & links - KERA news for north Texas - part of the NPR digital network: http://keranews.org/post/study-think-scientologys-promise-total-freedom

Anonycat

Crusader
CNN - Interview with Lawrence Wright by CNN's Christiane Amanpour

The church claims millions of members here in the United States and around the world. Scientology is famously litigious, with a phalanx of lawyers keeping an eye on journalists, writers and media companies who set out to cover the church.

But now that a number of high-profile members have left and are beginning to tell their stories, we're getting rare insight into the inner workings of the church, from Pulitzer Prize-winning author Lawrence Wright. His new book is called, "Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood and the Prison of Belief."

The Church of Scientology says, "Lawrence Wright's book is so ludicrous it belongs in a supermarket tabloid. The book is an error-filled, unsubstantiated, bigoted anti-Scientology book."

In the video above you can watch CNN's Christiane Amanpour discuss the book with Wright.

Article and video:

http://amanpour.blogs.cnn.com/2013/03/05/investigating-the-church-of-scientology/

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think the "gag orders" are going to make our es pee journalist's and authors telling the truth about what Scientology really is ... lots and lots of money! Funny how the universe works!

Come on Magoo - get your book out! $$$ you deserve to get paid for what you know!! Will you dedicate it to me - Idle Morgue - cuz I am rooting for you and flowing theta and good luck your way?? xoxoxo