What's new

Submission to Marty

Krautfag

Patron Meritorious
wow, he really is a cocky arrogant asshole...

In response to a very wellspoken and extremely polite anon explaining the anon stance

martyrathbun09 // May 25, 2010 at 8:03 pm

Thanks. Your view, as a spectator, is completely understandable. Perhaps you should continue to spectate here and let us get on with the eradication of evil in the fashion we see fit from our perspectives and experiences, while you all do the same in your chosen way.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/20...ilation-of-tom-cruise-part-one/#comment-27280

Spectator, huh?

AnonKat

Crusader
I am really trying to find ill will with your posts onthere . They were well written and funny in a non degrading manner.

Krautfag

Patron Meritorious
I am really trying to find ill will with your posts onthere . They were well written and funny in a non degrading manner.

Kat, don't bother. I guess it was mentioning the Larry Brennan declaration at all that got me kicked.

Too "enturbulating".

I pity the poor souls there who already cringe at two lame bikes bought from their cash, they have no clue of how bad it is going to be when the real stuff comes up.

AnonKat

Crusader
Kat, don't bother. I guess it was mentioning the Larry Brennan declaration at all that got me kicked.

Too "enturbulating".

I pity the poor souls there who already cringe at two lame bikes bought from their cash, they have no clue of how bad it is going to be when the real stuff comes up.

Larry actually gets long pieces posted on there. But Okay I won'tstress myself

byte301

Crusader
When Heber was spinning his yarn about CAN in that video I was nodding my head.

Yes, that's exactly what COS does to it's members, Heber. It's what dm is doing to you right now, Heber.:yes:

RebtGenius

Patron with Honors
Greetings,

I read that post too and was impressed by the writer's tactful and considerate presentation of the anon vantage point. Unfortunately, it appears that Marty isn't too fond of outsiders. It seems that he wants to service the 'independent scientologist' community, with a few exceptions.

About a month ago I created a post articulating a viewpoint that would seemingly be approved given its non-controversial content. You would think that he would be interested in displaying the post or directing me to a proper resource. My post basically stated that I was a non-scientologist who had very limited past experience w/ Scientology via the CCHR and conversations with a local org. I went on to explain that I had read a few of Hubbard's books and was interested in taking some introductory courses, however, I was distrustful of the COS and its leader. Lastly, I lauded some of his efforts and wished him success.

I was somewhat taken aback when it wasn't posted. However, I didn't hold it against him or harbor any resentment. I was curious why it was rejected. My only guess is that he prefers posts from those with past negative experiences at the hands of David Miscavige. It is somewhat strange that all his energy is focused on one man, as though he's the one true culprit.

Marty and his cohorts have one central argument: removing David Miscavige is not only a necessary condition for reigning in abuses, it would be sufficient in and of itself. With this backdrop, it's not surprising that David Miscavige's crimes are highlighted and obsessed about to the exclusion of almost anything else. My own view is that blaming Miscavige is a convenient means for deflecting personal responsibility away from self and onto the notorious COB. Unfortunately, it distorts reality and encourages self-defeating strategies for reigning in Scientology's abuses.

It's somewhat amusing, but also sad, to watch intelligent adults engaging in such tomfoolery. There is a lot of historical revisionism, black and white dichotomous thinking, elitism, and group think on that board. There is also a lot of intelligent, engaging, and compelling discussion. I hope for more of the latter, but expect the former behaviors. He censors those who deviate from his carefully crafted, self-serving script.

Marty's biggest struggle is not restoring the Church of Scientology to its former glory by removing the suppressive COB. Rather, it's moving beyond a superficial consideration of his past (and current) behaviors and accepting true responsibility. Marty's certainly intelligent enough to minimize or rationalize away his past wrongs against others (e.g. Gerry Armstrong). He's also intelligent enough to see through convoluted arguments that amount to bullshit. Up to this point, his conduct seems to mirror that of his rival on various levels. Sadly, this has become increasingly apparent based on his haughty, intolerant, selfish, dismissive, and dishonest conduct.

Jeffrey

wow, he really is a cocky arrogant asshole...

In response to a very wellspoken and extremely polite anon explaining the anon stance

martyrathbun09 // May 25, 2010 at 8:03 pm

Thanks. Your view, as a spectator, is completely understandable. Perhaps you should continue to spectate here and let us get on with the eradication of evil in the fashion we see fit from our perspectives and experiences, while you all do the same in your chosen way.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/20...ilation-of-tom-cruise-part-one/#comment-27280

Spectator, huh?

Last edited:

Krautfag

Patron Meritorious
The baseline IMHO is: DM bad, LRH good. This is the song the choir has to sing.
And nothing must disturb it.

As for what his motives are?
Maybe salvaging at least some respect for the valueable "tech" once the crimes of the Co$ will finally be dragged through the media?
Maybe get out as many fencesitters as possible?
Maybe replace DM?

Who knows..for now I am happy when he gets out as many sheeple from DMs reign as possible, even if they end up under his reign.

byte301

Crusader
"It is somewhat strange that all his energy is focused on one man, as though he's the one true culprit."

Yeah. Almost like he's on a mission or something.:coolwink:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I've been sitting here all day, with my hair up in curlers, waiting for Marty to post my comment on his blog.

But he hasn't. He hasn't written, he hasn't called.

Nothing.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I've been sitting here all day, with my hair up in curlers, waiting for Marty to post my comment on his blog.
But he hasn't. He hasn't written, he hasn't called.Nothing.

THE WHY YOU DIDN'T GET INVITED TO THE INDEPENDENT PROM: Marty only pays attention to people wearing sleeveless t-shirts, Zo. Not sleeveless dresses. :)

TEoS

Patron with Honors
(I posted this on Rathbun's Blog, in reply to a post by "Quicksilver" on Marty's "Black Designer T-shirts, for crying out loud!"):

"Calling DM a dope, or some such, really feeds their hand. We have the high ground, let’s maintain it."

ORLY?! You are openly supporting Rathbun, a man who by his own admission, beat people, and took part in very unsavoury (and almost certainly criminal) acts on behalf of Scientology NOT just Miscavige. You're supporting a man who, in the blink of an eye, could bring down the house of Miscavige if he just grew some balls and spilled his guts to the FBI. Marty refuses to do that. You should ask yourself why. Let me give you some clues; Marty doesn't want to end up in jail. Marty loves the adoration he receives, by drip feeding the tiniest snippets of information about his nemesis, DM, to rapturous applause by his sycophantic flock, as though the words he writes were carved on stone tablets and brought down from Marty Mountain, created by some omnipotent force.

Marty doesn't give a crap about all the damaged lives and families. Marty doesn't give a crap about his "buddy" Mike Rinder. If he did, he would forget about his doomed-to-failure attempts to revitalise a dead "religion" and speak to the authorities, NOW. But Marty has already told his loyal flock that he won't cooperate with the law, hasn't he?

Marty is a coward. Marty is a liar. Marty is a criminal. All Marty is interested in is Marty.

And before you call me a DM supporter or OSA, let me add that Miscavige is bullying dickhead of monumental proportions. At the very least that inch-high-cult-guy should spend the rest of his scummy little life behind bars. The fact that Marty is being a pain in the arse of the cult is commendable, but don't you dare forget the type of guy Marty IS. I shall await the inevitable roll out of the "You're a DMbot" type deflection fluff. Because nobody on the planet can dislike Marty The Messiah unless they are DM supporters, right?

I won't spend too much more time on this post as I know free speech doesn't exist in the Scientology and Rathbun world, so this post will be deleted the moment it is spotted I'm sure.

Krautfag

Patron Meritorious
I suspect not, but at least Marty gets to see it :)

Not sure about that. As far as I can see there are at least 4 Persons moderating, Marty, his wife, Mike and some other person for the euro time zone it appears.

TEoS

Patron with Honors
Not sure about that. As far as I can see there are at least 4 Persons moderating, Marty, his wife, Mike and some other person for the euro time zone it appears.

Well, I'm sure "The Ego" will see it here. Nice to see the rampant paranoia in Marty's Love Shack has set in so early though. I'm sure if he ever gets his magical empire of independents off the ground, he will continue the suppression of free speech and critical thinking, just as LRH would have wanted.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow

(snip)

Marty and his cohorts have one central argument: removing David Miscavige is not only a necessary condition for reigning in abuses, it would be sufficient in and of itself. With this backdrop, it's not surprising that David Miscavige's crimes are highlighted and obsessed about to the exclusion of almost anything else. My own view is that blaming Miscavige is a convenient means for deflecting personal responsibility away from self and onto the notorious COB. Unfortunately, it distorts reality and encourages self-defeating strategies for reigning in Scientology's abuses.

It's somewhat amusing, but also sad, to watch intelligent adults engaging in such tomfoolery. There is a lot of historical revisionism, black and white dichotomous thinking, elitism, and group think on that board. There is also a lot of intelligent, engaging, and compelling discussion. I hope for more of the latter, but expect the former behaviors. He censors those who deviate from his carefully crafted, self-serving script.

Marty's biggest struggle is not restoring the Church of Scientology to its former glory by removing the suppressive COB. Rather, it's moving beyond a superficial consideration of his past (and current) behaviors and accepting true responsibility. Marty's certainly intelligent enough to minimize or rationalize away his past wrongs against others (e.g. Gerry Armstrong). He's also intelligent enough to see through convoluted arguments that amount to bullshit. Up to this point, his conduct seems to mirror that of his rival on various levels. Sadly, this has become increasingly apparent based on his haughty, intolerant, selfish, dismissive, and dishonest conduct.

Jeffrey

:thumbsup: This is outstanding.