What's new

Submissions for the Inquiry are now being accepted (May 2010)

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Mine is finally in too!

I hope it gets published. I went for full disclosure of my identity. I want them to know. :D

He-man

Hero extraordinary
My submission vent trough as far as it can for us Jooripaeans.

THE SENATE

ECONOMICS LEGISLATION COMMITTEE

Inquiry into the Tax Laws Amendment (Public Benefit Test) Bill 2010

We write to thank you for your recent correspondence to the Senate Economics Legislation Committee's inquiry into the Tax Laws Amendment (Public Benefit Test) Bill 2010 which proposes the introduction of a 'public benefit test' for religious and charitable organisations seeking tax exempt status.

This inquiry examines the operation of the tax laws in Australia. Submissions that are accepted by the Committee attract Parliamentary Privilege. However privilege does not extend to jurisdictions outside of Australia. Given this, your correspondence will not be included in the Committee's inquiry as a formal submission but it will be made available to the Committee members.

Kind regards,

John Hawkins

Secretary

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Messenger

Hey, Messenger, if you are not an Aussie, google what time it is in Sydney. You may have sent it in the middle of the night. It is just getting to dawn there about now. The Inquiry is going to be on banker/business hours, I'd guess.

Lurker5

I sent it during business hours yesterday. So I guess it takes a bit of time for a response. No worries, as long as it's in. :thumbsup:

I AM A SCIENTOLOGIST

Patron with Honors
Mine's in

I sent my submission in and it has been accepted and will be circulated to the
committee members.

I kept it relevant to the matters at hand and why Scientology should not be put on trial through a back-door quasi inquiry.

May the best team win.

IAAS

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
What you meant to say is that you objected to a criminal conspiracy being required to demonstrate social benefit when making charitable contributions to its own anti-social front organizations :)

Zinj

I AM A SCIENTOLOGIST

Patron with Honors
Mmmmmm

Nice try Zinj, only the only proven criminal conspiracy is that of Anonymous attacking the Church. Two of them are in prison for their efforts.

That makes it 2 - nil to the Scientologists.

So far all of the Anon and ex-member claims about the Church have resulted in no charges of a criminal nature. They have resulted in an outspoken raver in the Australian parliament who has been joined by a couple of mad psychiatrists.

IAAS

Megalomaniac

Silver Meritorious Patron
I sent my submission in and it has been accepted and will be circulated to the
committee members.
I think this is good. Did you encourage other Scientologists to also make submissions? I think it's good because I feel if each stakeholder has a chance to present what they consider relevant, the committee will make the right decision. From all the data I have, the Church of Scientology is, on balance, a corrupt criminal organization. I'm totally willing to change my mind about that, if someone can contradict the facts I am aware of. I welcome the debate.

I kept it relevant to the matters at hand and why Scientology should not be put on trial through a back-door quasi inquiry.
Did you use those words "back-door quasi inquiry" in your submission? Or is that just the wording you give to us here on ESMB? I'm sort of on a kick lately, pointing out how people posting here seem to be oblivious to the fact that this forum is also quite public. If you truly feel this inquiry is invalid, you'll want to be sure the senators know that and know which submission is yours.

May the best team win.

IAAS
I hope Australia makes a law that suits their needs. I'm curious what "teams" you are referring to. Am I on a team? If so, which one?

Mac

He-man

Hero extraordinary
Nice try Zinj, only the only proven criminal conspiracy is that of Anonymous attacking the Church. Two of them are in prison for their efforts.

So far all of the Anon and ex-member claims about the Church have resulted in no charges of a criminal nature. They have resulted in an outspoken raver in the Australian parliament who has been joined by a couple of mad psychiatrists.

IAAS

So Mary Sue Hubbard and her gang never got to jail? Riiiiite....

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

You don't recall Scientologists going to prison? Let me refresh your memory:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Snow_White

Also, many current staff at the Int Base are imprisoned by the CoS:

spikes.jpg

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor

IAAS

heh. Can you say 'snow white'? 'Operation Freakout?' Did you know that the *Church* itself was convicted in Canada for subversion?

I'm not surprised that you don't know about the criminal aspects of your 'Church', but, I suspect you're even lying about the ones you *do* know about.

After all, you're a Scientologist. It's the 'gradient'. It's 'Acceptable Truth'. It's the 'Shore Story'.

Zinj

freethinker

Sponsor
Get a life.

The only one you are convincing is yourself.

IAAS

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Originally posted by I AM A SCIENTOLOGIST

I sent my submission in and it has been accepted and will be circulated to the committee members.

I believe you ... (thousands wouldn't).

:coolwink:

May the best team win.

IAAS

IAAS, do stop being such a silly arse ... Lol, we have already won.

We are free.

:happydance: