What's new

Super Power Opens October 6, 2013 per the Tampa Bay Times

AnonKat

Crusader
Scientology representative talks to Clearwater residents, says little

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...s-to-clearwater-residents-says-little/2146112

CLEARWATER — A Scientology official didn't have much to say about recent church activities, but she told a gathering of Clearwater neighborhood activists Monday that answers would be coming soon.

A new date for the dedication of the massive Flag Building downtown, which the church had originally tentatively planned for Oct. 6, will be made public "very shortly," said church spokeswoman Pat Harney.

"It's going to happen soon. It's something we're all looking forward to. I assure you that it's a bright future, not just for Scientology, but for all of us here," Harney said.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...s-to-clearwater-residents-says-little/2146112

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
It's going to happen soon. It's something we're all looking forward to. I assure you that it's a bright future, not just for Scientology, but for all of us here," Harney said.

I assure you that it's a bright future, not just for Scientology, but for all of us here.
(cough, cough)

I'm sure the residents of Clearwater will beg to differ on that point. And bright future for Scientology? What is their definition of bright? A sparkly brainwashed mind?

Anonycat

Crusader

I assure you that it's a bright future, not just for Scientology, but for all of us here.
(cough, cough)

I'm sure the residents of Clearwater will beg to differ on that point. And bright future for Scientology? What is their definition of bright? A sparkly brainwashed mind?

Maybe it means they'll open it when the future of scientology is bright. Sort of like releasing OT 9 and 10. You have to wait until things are just right.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
I assure you that it's a bright future, not just for Scientology, but for all of us here," Harney said.

Silly woman.

Older retired Clearwater residents probably
haven't gotten over this one yet, I suspect. :no: :biggrin:

AnonKat

Crusader
Maybe it means they'll open it when the future of scientology is bright. Sort of like releasing OT 9 and 10. You have to wait until things are just right.

There is a lot more to read if you use the link

The church could open the building without city approval, but it wouldn't have police protection, street closures and other measures designed to make large events go smoothly.

Church officials have estimated that up to 10,000 Scientologists will attend the event. On Monday, Harney said the church has 10,000 members in the greater Clearwater area, including 2,400 religious workers.

Harney said the seven-story structure also known as the "Super Power" building is to Scientologists what the Vatican represents for Catholics or the Mormon Tabernacle to Mormons. The building, which she said will be used for "Scientology counseling and studies," has spiritual significance for church members.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Re: Scientology: Possible Date for Super Power Building Opening - October 27, 2013?

Possible dates for 'super power' opening from the article link above and a scio-school tie-in, too.

Excerpt:

City officials were scheduled to meet with church representatives on Tuesday, but no final decision will be made at the meeting, said Christopher Hubbard, chairman of the city's special events committee.

The church and city agree that shutting down streets and closing sidewalks will only work on a Sunday.

Only three Sundays remain open during the city's busy festival season — Oct. 27, Nov. 17 and Nov. 24.

Other weekends have events drawing people downtown. In fact, the city's first "World Rescue Challenge," an international competition for firefighters and other rescue workers, will begin on Oct. 27.

But World Rescue officials told the city that they wouldn't mind having a major Scientology celebration on the same day, Hubbard said. On Tuesday, a Scientology-affiliated charter school, the Clearwater Academy International, announced that it was assembling a team of current and former students to participate in the rescue event.

If Co$ actually hosts the building dedication on October 27...

Clearwater street interviewer: "Hey there, what are you going to be for Halloween this year?"

Every scientologist: "Poor."

:scnsucks:

JB