What's new

Super Power pushed back indefinitely!

MostlyLurker

Patron Meritorious
An important aspect of this embarrassing postponement is that a lot of average Scientologists are bound to hear about it.

Disconnection is an inherently fragile tactic. It only works as long as there's enough ordinary Scientologists willing to disconnect when told. And that's actually a pretty high standard of indoctrination and discipline to maintain. People must have to really believe in the church, to drop a close friend or family member just on someone's say-so. There must be a pretty large range of levels of belief in which people are really quite keen on Scientology, but wouldn't go so far as to cut ties with a parent or spouse just because a church official said.

[...]

The cult is very black or white. Either you are full in (and follow the rules, incl. disconnection) or you are out. Only with newbies they may close an eye during initial indoctrination.
For public on services it is almost impossible to hide the fact to be in comm with SPs as the cult uses the e-meter as a lie detector and metered checks or interviews are frequent. So Scientologists believe they can't keep secrets and thus are unwilling to break cult rules as that would be certaintly found out with the e-meter and would mean problems and more money needed for sec checks.

Many scientologist quietly fade away but failure to be present at an event or to donate or to be on services is enough to be put on a list of disaffected and called for interviews by ethics.

Its 1984.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
OMG! That really happened? Let me see if I understand it. . .
Scientology customers pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy freedom.

But if they try to use any of the freedom they paid for, they get declared to be an anti-social personality and permanently banned from buying any more.

Yeah, that makes sense. I can see how that would build a strong expanding customer base. LOLOL

Yep, it happened. But my brother was kinda a dick about no-showing, and emailed the MAA of the local morgue his vacation photos of the Virgin Islands that he took while he was supposed to be at the reg-fest.

:hysterical:

TG1

Angelic Poster
Maybe Dave should quit declaring people who no-show for reg-fests like Portland.

BTW, thanks for declaring my brother over that one, Davey. We're reconnected and he's doing just fine.

Brilliant! Really brilliant!

Congratulations to everyone!

AnonKat

Crusader
1subgenius on Tony Ortega's news site:

"Schadenfreude is not always a bad thing. Certainly not, when it's well-deserved."

[video=youtube;vhSh9yNnmgc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhSh9yNnmgc[/video]

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
In 1991, I think DM was at a make-or-break moment vis-a-vis his ability to remain in power. I always saw that amnesty as a bribe. Stalin did the smae thing several times during his career when he felt vulnerable.

Mao's "Let a Thousand Flowers Bloom" program was a way to flush capitalist-types out into the open, where they and their connections could be seen. DM's 1991 gambit may have had a similar objective: find out the connections of those given amnesty.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was a white mouse for a lot of stuff during my SO Tenure. Some of the stuff was named after I was one of the "research" animals....Like Super Power, LOC was another one but KTL was not.

The "Be, Do, Have" is, IMO, Marketing spin that was "thunked up" when the three actions were packaged up to be sold.

Face:)

"Be, Do, Have" was also successfully used for the "L" Rundowns Spin. Naturally, one "had" to do all three of the VERY expensive "L's" (preferably before Clear-OT 3, to get the "Full Benefits"), along with 3 to 5 intensives of "Set-ups" which could only be done at Flag, at Flag Price Rates. The Set-ups were assessing and FNing various standard prepared lists (especially a CS Series 53) and repair of anything found in a requisite Flag Only FES' also at Flag Price Rates.

Income from he "L"s is what made the Flag Service Org in the latter '70's. The "Big Ticket", "Whistles and Bells", "OT Maker" actions were what fueled Scn and filled El Ron's personal accounts from the mid '60's to mid '80's or so....Clear/OT Sections (old version), L's and, later, KNOT's and KNOT's FES and Set-ups (which were similar to L's Set-ups).

After El Ron gunned down the likes of MacMaster, Roos, Mayo, etc, and Hisself's faculties deteriorated, Hisself came up with new "Big Ticket", "Whistles and Bells", "OT Maker" stuff that could be...and "needed" to be...done pretty much anywhere on the "Bridge" and, as with the other previous stuff, was a "'Tech' Breakthrough" and "The Answer". DM put his own "twist" on it and used this stuff to raise money and build special facilities without ever delivering anything but the hype and spin. It is noteworthy IMO that El Ron never came up with any Upper Level stuff after Hisself wiped out the last of the "Tech" Heavy Hitters and went into hiding.

The primary reason the FLB was created was to create a tightly controlled environment to deliver all of the "Bridge" and, especially, high ticket "Super Duper Wowie" stuff to provide enough dough at an insanely high profit margin to salt away HUGE chunks of cash in SO Reserves, Hisself's pocket and operate Scn even if most of the Orgs failed or were barely surviving. The concept was these "Feeder Units", large to tiny, all ultimately fed into one Unit at the top...the Flag Service Org.

Last edited:

Orglodyte

Patron with Honors

I always wonder just how many times a Scientologist has to be tricked into going to a reg event before they figure out that every event is a reg event where they get financially slaughtered.

5TH DYNAMIC SCIENTOLOGISTS
BEING ROUTED TO A VERY SPECIAL VIP "BRIEFING"

live_export_sheep.jpg

LAMB #1
Does anyone know why all the lambs that
went to the previous "Very Special VIP Briefings"
never ever came back?

LAMB #2
Oh yeah, I got briefed on that.
It's because they "made it" to Total Freedom.

LAMB #1
Wow, that indicates!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9t5ZqeHcYk

Farewell, my friends, I go on to a better place!

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Marc Headley raised a very good point in his comments on Tony O’s blog. The IAS event was always held in October. But, it was moved to Nov 8 – 9 to accommodate the great opening of the SP building. Do they combine the 2 events now? If they miss the IAS event out, this will be a catastrophe and there will be nowhere to hide. That cannot happen.

But will the SP building be ready in time? The last thing they want is for a load of the top IAS rubes to turn up and ask for a tour, only to be confronted by an unfinished and empty white elephant.

This is a very sorry mess. Of course, there will be no apology to all the cultists who bought non-refundable plane tickets to get to the big opening. And then they will still expect everyone to come to the IAS shindig. It has already been said, but methinks erecting a large tent in hurricane country isn’t a terribly good idea. Can’t you imagine trying to explain that one?

I had a delicious thought. What if the real reason behind the postponement is that Davey pushed a lackey too far and he got his just desserts? Could it be that he needs the extra time for his broken nose and two shiners to heal?

[Disclaimer - this post in no way promotes violence against cult leaders or any other lower form of life]

Axiom142

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
"

As requested . . .

LRHLpromofullyexterior_zps2f0cb26e.jpg

What I found fascinating about this "Hidden Standard" that El Ron gave every "L's" PC was reading David Mayo's stuff re: El Ron wanting to be exterior and how important it was to Hisself to achieve that...nearly a decade after Hisself made the above statement.

I can assure you, there was well more than one person I knew personally that didn't achieve this on the "L's".

Talk about living a lie...

Last edited:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
It appears the original story posted in the Tampa Bay Times now has additional information. Here's the link: http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...ilding-dedication-scheduled-for-oct-6/2142574

Excerpts:

Clearwater Mayor George Cretekos said he had heard several possible dates Wednesday.
"It's a moving target. Stay tuned," he said.

But [City Manager Bill] Horne said late Wednesday that he now understands that the tent, which borders Court Street, the main thoroughfare to Clearwater Beach, will remain in place through the end of the year.

It will be used for the Flag Building dedication, the International Association of Scientologists gathering, and a New Year's Eve event that the church usually holds in California.

The tent hasn't been a bone of contention for Clearwater residents so far and doesn't worry Cretekos.
"You say 'tent' and I think of an old revival-style tent. This is more like a building. I don't see it falling down in bad weather," Cretekos said, adding that he's not concerned about the tent staying up for the balance of 2013.

He said he hasn't heard from any residents upset about the tent.

The Mayor of Clearwater publicly endorsed the structural integrity of an enormous tent*.
That very quote will appear in Paragraph #1 of the first lawsuit filed if he's wrong.

JB (*Or portable hangar for an incoming DC-8, ymmv.)

guanoloco

As-Wased
What I found fascinating about this "Hidden Standard" that El Ron gave every "L's" PC was reading David Mayo's stuff re: El Ron wanting to be exterior and how important it was to Hisself to achieve that...nearly a decade after Hisself made the above statement.

I can assure you, there was well more than one person I knew personally that didn't achieve this on the "L's".

Talk about living a lie...

Face,

Can you post a link to Mr Mayo's comments? That's one I haven't read yet.

Thanks, guano

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
A crack team of undercover investigative reporters from the WTF Times has discovered the real reason for the indefinite delay of the scheduled release of the Church of Scilontologys' [STRIKE]long overdue[/STRIKE] much awaited release of their sekrit rundown Supah Powah.

A pair of copper rods was seen being driven into the ground from inside the luxurious accomodations of the diminutive fuhrer of the cult, Dorky MissCabage.

Having no Clearwater Utilities blueprints of the area and having not obtained the necessary permits, the rods accidentally penetrated the main underground electric power trunk line into the Fort Harrison Hotel.

Witnesses said they overheard a lot of 'Holy Shit' and 'Jeezuz Gawd' uttered by the various True [STRIKE]Apostates[/STRIKE] Believers on scene and the [STRIKE]RPF slave[/STRIKE] injured workman wielding the hammer driving in the rods was having an apparent PTSD flashback due to the hellacious shock he received and was heard muttering something about 'hill ten', 'comm ev' and 'sec check' as his eyes rolled up in his head.

Church spokeshole Karim Pow (rhymes with OW!) said the Church was unaffected by the incident as it actually did not occur. She was at a loss however to explain the huge electrical surge and resultant electromagnetic field which permeated the Fort Harrison. Also unexplained was the large percentage of parishioners found to be R/Sing while on the meter during the shocking event. She did, in view of the additional income from C/S orders for additional intensives of Confessionals to be purchased by the parishioners, state that anything that boosts income is a good thing and that it was too bad a workman for the Church apparently passed away of natural causes.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Can you post a link to Mr Mayo's comments?

Let me chime in here . . . it's hard to locate that link.

Maybe this is it. Eh, Face? :confused2:

From Mayo Audio
"I audited L. Ron Hubbard probably for the longest period of time that anybody has ever audited him. He had a goal to go exterior. After one session he thought that he might have gone exterior and he told me and described what he saw outside the room; which was a moonlit night with the trees and stars and so on. He wanted to go outside, wanted me to come with him go outside and see if that's what he saw, if it was there. We went outside -- it was pitch black and [we] couldn't see anything. So, the result was we're still going to work on him going exterior. I'm not telling you this to say that nobody else has gone exterior because I know people have. But if you haven't gone exterior or if you haven't gone exterior with full perception I want you to know that you're not the only one."

Partial transcript of talk: http://www.skeptictank.org/otpowers.htm

You are so right. It is not a game. People die. Families are destroyed. It is evil.

The cult of greed and power has left a tragic, heartbreaking, and often times criminal swath of destruction in its wake over the years. I guess those trees they chopped down to make way for their big old supah powah party are just the latest casualties of their arrogant bullshit game.

Except it is not a game.
People die in $cientology.
Reason # 1 why I protest.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Let me chime in here . . . it's hard to locate that link. Maybe this is it:

From Mayo Audio
"I audited L. Ron Hubbard probably for the longest period of time that anybody has ever audited him. He had a goal to go exterior. After one session he thought that he might have gone exterior and he told me and described what he saw outside the room; which was a moonlit night with the trees and stars and so on. He wanted to go outside, wanted me to come with him go outside and see if that's what he saw, if it was there. We went outside -- it was pitch black and [we] couldn't see anything. So, the result was we're still going to work on him going exterior. I'm not telling you this to say that nobody else has gone exterior because I know people have. But if you haven't gone exterior or if you haven't gone exterior with full perception I want you to know that you're not the only one."

Partial transcript of talk
http://www.skeptictank.org/otpowers.htm

That's it! :yes:

I KNEW you'd come through for ole 'puter numb nuts sloppy Joe here. :coolwink:

If I was still a Scn I'd think it was because I'm exterior and pervading your space but, alas, the fact is I know you're a super cyber savvy swami of everything an Ex should know and an Scn needs to know. :clap:

Once again, thanks a bunch IL2K. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
Thank you, IL2L.

And I might add, here is the person that audited hubbturd the most, was deemed Senior C/S World Wide,

gets shitted on by DM,

And what does he advise:

"I also realized that three of the factors to a good life are: exercise, a healthy diet and reduction of stress".

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...-SOLO-NOT-S-is&p=674586&viewfull=1#post674586

He doesn't advise doing more scientology.

Why isn't David Mayo doing scientology in PT if it was so great? Yah think all ex's would be doing scientology. Afterall it is 100% workable.

Scientology is the only religion I know that creates untold amount of stress. :angry:

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
And I might add, here is the person that audited hubbturd the most, was deemed Senior C/S World Wide,

gets shitted on by DM,

And what does he advise:

"I also realized that three of the factors to a good life are: exercise, a healthy diet and reduction of stress".

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...-SOLO-NOT-S-is&p=674586&viewfull=1#post674586

He doesn't advise doing more scientology.

Why isn't David Mayo doing scientology in PT if it was so great? Yah think all ex's would be doing scientology. Afterall it is 100% workable.

Scientology is the only religion I know that creates untold amount of stress. :angry:

But he was an SP. It was his fault, not Ron's that the tech didn't work. :duh: