Super Power Ripoff

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
New from Marty Rathbun:

I just read an interesting post on the Leaving Scientology blog, at http://leavingscientology.wordpress.com/

More than $142,760,000 dollars has been raised for the Superpower building. One public recently learned that one reason the Church keeps crush reging for Superpower – even though an official Church spokesperson told the media recently it would cost no more than $90,000,000 grand total in costs to complete – is that Superpower donations have been siphoned off for projects other than Superpower. The Church spokesman
also said that $40,000,000 has been spent so far on the empty shell.

You ever wonder why the Church has let that $40,000,000 building shell languish for close to ten years? There are at least four reasons.

First, they don’t have a clue what Superpower is. See Joe Howard’s piece for details at http://www.scientology-cult.com/super-power.html

Second, it is one more excuse to crush reg huge sums of money that one of their Reges has already admitted is used for other purposes.

Third, there is no OT IX and X on the horizon. And DM needs some carrot to keep the OT VIII’s on the reservation. He falsely leads them on as if Superpower is some next step on the Bridge for them. Future posts will detail how OT IX and X are not even over the horizon.

Fourth, the elaborate groundbreaking and immediate heavy construction activity to build the shell was not done for purposes of getting Superpower delivered in the first place. I participated in the planning of that 1998 groundbreaking event with Tom Devocht, Mike Rinder and DM. The groundbreaking show – with bleachers brought in and packed with Scientologists, fireworks, and other bells and whistles- was put on within a couple short weeks after the Church was indicted for its involvement in the death of Lisa McPherson. It was ordered by DM at great expense for the sole purpose of diverting the public’s, the media’s and the Tampa Bay area population’s attention off of McPherson.

Once the last civil case connected with McPherson was settled in early 2004, the Church really put the brakes on the building, racking up nearly $250,000 in building department fines for not completing the building in a timely fashion.

But the reg machine never slowed down one iota. Already, it has created a $50,000,000 slush fund of DM funny money.

Rae

Patron with Honors
I was wondering if Marty would respond to that blog post by Rebel008..it all makes sense about the diversion tactic..but what's REALLY interesting is his statement about there being more details coming up about the NON-release of OTlX and X. I expect that what he has to say about the upper OT levels will shake the rafters across the universe. I'll lay bets that there are no such levels..at least not in any form that can be delivered or accepted by the public. :wink2:

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was wondering if Marty would respond to that blog post by Rebel008..it all makes sense about the diversion tactic..but what's REALLY interesting is his statement about there being more details coming up about the NON-release of OTlX and X. I expect that what he has to say about the upper OT levels will shake the rafters across the universe. I'll lay bets that there are no such levels..at least not in any form that can be delivered or accepted by the public. :wink2:

I hope it shakes the rafters. But look at how many are already ignoring that elephant in the living room known as the SP building. The only real super power of a well behaved scilon is that of non-observation.

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
NO SURPRISE

I knew all of the main reges for this and used to like them but no more.

A class action suit should occur on this insanity and I want my money back

in total.

Also the building is ugly. The old Grey Moss Inn was more aesthetic ! :grouch:

DM keeps going because government is of the same ethics level. Tone = 1.4 :angry:

lkwdblds

Crusader
The biggest obvious outpoint in Scio Management.

I hope it shakes the rafters. But look at how many are already ignoring that elephant in the living room known as the SP building. The only real super power of a well behaved scilon is that of non-observation.

Well stated! There are so many enormous outpoints in C of S, each of which considered all by themselves would warrant one's seriously questioning the sanity of C of S's management and tactics! One could coin a new phrase, "STAND ALONE OUTPOINTS" This term would refer only to enormous outpoints of a major character. For instance, for the U.S.A., prior to the Civil War, a Stand Alone Outpoint would have been that the Declaration of Independence states that "All men are created equal." while in practice, slavery was legal in the United States. Thank God, the U.S.A. corrected this situation. Anyway, it serves to illustrate what I am talking about.

To me, there are at least 25 of these Stand Alone Outpoints in C of S, and I think that the situation regarding the release of Superpower and the related collection of huge donations for the Superpower Building may be the biggest and most obvious of the Stand Alone Outpoints in C of S. This elephant in the room which is being ignored just cries out for "pulling the string" as they say in the Data Evaluator's Course. The string has been pulled on this thread and as expected, a rat's nest of lies, corruption and dirt is revealed.

Part of LRH Policy is "Look, don't listen." For people in C of S to ignore all these elephants in the room, they are acting as if they are blind and deaf!
lkwdblds

Ali.G

Patron

Would be really interesting to know what is to be done and learned on those levels. And if they'll ever be delivered.

Fact is, I don't even know if they are important at all.

There is so many things one has got to do before getting there; and I don't know if you are an OT VIII, but if that is not the case (as it is for me), it would be just good stuff to really understand what is in OT1 through 8, or on the Ls and other confidential processes and tech data.
And even more, have the time and a good auditor to run up the bridge and hopefully become a more happy and powerful being even just by making Grades 0 to 4.

The thing I don't like now about Scientology, apart from the way people are running the business, is that there is too broad of a "knowledge body". The point is that this knowledge body is a mess, and the management has decided what you need to get is "The basics", which means a lot of complex tapes, some brilliant, but some boring too, which many times contradict themselves or leave you with question marks. The best way to get the public to get loaded with MUs and hate the technology, to just spill some other 3-4k dollars of profit.

Scientology has run all these years with the idea that you've got to get the data "as the source actually originally stated it". While I do agree keeping things to source is important, lecture tapes are not always the best way to get people to fully understand working tech and data. You can clear all the words and still some sentences of LRH have obscure meaning in the tapes.
But I guess I'm erring way too much off-topic, we will talk about this stuff somewhere else ;)

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Would be really interesting to know what is to be done and learned on those levels. And if they'll ever be delivered.

Fact is, I don't even know if they are important at all.

There is so many things one has got to do before getting there; and I don't know if you are an OT VIII, but if that is not the case (as it is for me), it would be just good stuff to really understand what is in OT1 through 8, or on the Ls and other confidential processes and tech data.
And even more, have the time and a good auditor to run up the bridge and hopefully become a more happy and powerful being even just by making Grades 0 to 4.

The thing I don't like now about Scientology, apart from the way people are running the business, is that there is too broad of a "knowledge body". The point is that this knowledge body is a mess, and the management has decided what you need to get is "The basics", which means a lot of complex tapes, some brilliant, but some boring too, which many times contradict themselves or leave you with question marks. The best way to get the public to get loaded with MUs and hate the technology, to just spill some other 3-4k dollars of profit.

Scientology has run all these years with the idea that you've got to get the data "as the source actually originally stated it". While I do agree keeping things to source is important, lecture tapes are not always the best way to get people to fully understand working tech and data. You can clear all the words and still some sentences of LRH have obscure meaning in the tapes.
But I guess I'm erring way too much off-topic, we will talk about this stuff somewhere else ;)

It's easier if you just say Hubbard steps all over his own toes.