What's new

Suppressed Memories

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Right now, I am very confused, extremely confused.

I read something, and it says one thing and yet you can read it again and it can say something completely different. Depending on how you interpret it.

Part of me regrets the day I ever decided this was the right thing to do, speaking out about what happened to me as a child. My conscience says it was exactly the right thing to do. So I am torn between a rock and a hard place.

I don't care what happens to me, but I do care about some people in this world, some of which I have never even met. I cannot quantify this, it is just something that I feel, deep inside of me, like a Mothers love, only it isn't that. I can't put it into words. It's just there, it's probably not justified, its possibly not even wanted, but it is there just the same, whether I like it or not.Whether YOU like it or not, it is there, here in my heart.

When I first embarked on this journey into the past, it nearly killed me, you have no idea how ill it made me. My head kept saying leave it alone, it will destroy you, it nearly did all those years ago, why dredge it up again. My heart, after reading some of the most depressing, sad and horrifying tales from ex scientologists nearly tore me in two. There were so many of them, heart breaking accounts of destroyed lives, they matched my own, or were even worse than my own.

When I started protesting and getting out amongst people, it was even worse than I had thought, so many people and I am sure this just a tip of the ice burg, had gone through similar or worse strife than me. How can this be? How can, when you read all the media coverage of the broken people of this cult, this still all these years on still be happening? How can it? Why Is it?

When I read your story Markus, I thought, even knowing what I know, this has to be some kind of joke, in the most morbid sence of the word joke.

I wondered if it was scientology playing some kind of trick on the mind.They are good at this, and I know this only too well.

If Goran Robertson hanged himself, I want to know why? The first name is correct, I'm not sure about his surname, but I knew him and I was, to use scientology language, handled by him, to make sure I never ever spoke out about what happened on the Apollo.As a naive kid, who was terrified out of her wits I did not even realise at the time that LRH had sent him. Of course LRH sent him. My Father was supposed to go to court and falsely testify for scientology. He never did, because he was supposedfly at sea, destination unknown. My Father swears he knows nothing of this, maybe he does, maybe he really dosen't, I don't know. What I do know is, my Father IS a raving lunatic, and may God if there is one, forgive me for saying this. Part of me thinks he did not know what he was doing, the other part of me thinks he did.

As I said, total confusion.

To top it off the one person in the world, I put total trust in won't even talk to me, not properly at any rate, is this fear? or is this something else?

Is this me still being naive? a fucking idiot, to put so much trust in someone?

There is a tendancy for some on this board to think that being too serious is a god damned crime, scientology, strangely enough IS a serious business, because like it or not, it messes with peoples heads to such an extent that they end up being complete fruit loops. My Dad is one of them.

Some even go as far as to comitt suicide, Quentin Hubbard was my friend, LRHs own son, again you have no idea how upset I was when I learned of this and yet some fucking nut on this board says " I was Quentin Hubbard, in a past life", Have you any idea what this did to me, how it affected me, how it may have affected others, his sisters, his brother,his friends, if they read here?

Have you really any idea of what this batshit crazy cult has done to people?

I am not aiming any of this at YOU Markus, I have read YOUR story and it is heartbreaking and whether or not you believe me, I feel a great deal of love and compassion towards YOU and your family.

I have said things on this board that maybe I should never have said, and I do apolagise especially to Janis and her family, but at the end of the day, LRH used and abused YOUR family probably more than most and I find that really hard to forgive, even if you do. I really looked up to you Janis then, and still do now, know that, feel it, it is heartfelt.

I don't want to let my children down, and I know you don't want to let yours down either, having come thus far, we owe it to everybody to make a stand, for the future of the children on 'Gods' earth. It never belonged to L. Ron Hubbard. He was a liar, a cheat, a fraud, but worse than all of that, he stole YOUR lives, ALL of YOUR lives and David Miscavige took what was left.

I'm sick of reading about Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder, WHAT HAVE THEY REALLY DONE TO HELP MANKIND? They have found out the hard way, that Scientology IS just as bad as they helped make it. If they really want to make a difference, they'll get the hell out there and DO something about it.

I am but a little speck of dust, they are the full blown big bits of dirt.

Sharone, it is because people like you who have experienced the worst now speak out, that others begin to speak as well and also to realise that what Zinj always says is so true "Scientology, it's worse than you think".

Yet as I said above, we need balance. Normal everday life still goes on, the wonder and joys and hardships of it and that also deserves attention. So a little bit of this and a little bit of that, keep the balance. Follow your gut instincts. I understand, others understand. You have done tremendously and you have opened a lot of eyes. And here's a hug <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< :)

Markus

Silver Meritorious Patron

I read something, and it says one thing and yet you can read it again and it can say something completely different. Depending on how you interpret it.

Part of me regrets the day I ever decided this was the right thing to do, speaking out about what happened to me as a child. My conscience says it was exactly the right thing to do. So I am torn between a rock and a hard place.

I don't care what happens to me, but I do care about some people in this world, some of which I have never even met. I cannot quantify this, it is just something that I feel, deep inside of me, like a Mothers love, only it isn't that. I can't put it into words. It's just there, it's probably not justified, its possibly not even wanted, but it is there just the same, whether I like it or not.Whether YOU like it or not, it is there, here in my heart.

When I first embarked on this journey into the past, it nearly killed me, you have no idea how ill it made me. My head kept saying leave it alone, it will destroy you, it nearly did all those years ago, why dredge it up again. My heart, after reading some of the most depressing, sad and horrifying tales from ex scientologists nearly tore me in two. There were so many of them, heart breaking accounts of destroyed lives, they matched my own, or were even worse than my own.

When I started protesting and getting out amongst people, it was even worse than I had thought, so many people and I am sure this just a tip of the ice burg, had gone through similar or worse strife than me. How can this be? How can, when you read all the media coverage of the broken people of this cult, this still all these years on still be happening? How can it? Why Is it?

When I read your story Markus, I thought, even knowing what I know, this has to be some kind of joke, in the most morbid sence of the word joke.

I wondered if it was scientology playing some kind of trick on the mind.They are good at this, and I know this only too well.

If Goran Robertson hanged himself, I want to know why? The first name is correct, I'm not sure about his surname, but I knew him and I was, to use scientology language, handled by him, to make sure I never ever spoke out about what happened on the Apollo.As a naive kid, who was terrified out of her wits I did not even realise at the time that LRH had sent him. Of course LRH sent him. My Father was supposed to go to court and falsely testify for scientology. He never did, because he was supposedfly at sea, destination unknown. My Father swears he knows nothing of this, maybe he does, maybe he really dosen't, I don't know. What I do know is, my Father IS a raving lunatic, and may God if there is one, forgive me for saying this. Part of me thinks he did not know what he was doing, the other part of me thinks he did.

As I said, total confusion.

To top it off the one person in the world, I put total trust in won't even talk to me, not properly at any rate, is this fear? or is this something else?

Is this me still being naive? a fucking idiot, to put so much trust in someone?

There is a tendancy for some on this board to think that being too serious is a god damned crime, scientology, strangely enough IS a serious business, because like it or not, it messes with peoples heads to such an extent that they end up being complete fruit loops. My Dad is one of them.

Some even go as far as to comitt suicide, Quentin Hubbard was my friend, LRHs own son, again you have no idea how upset I was when I learned of this and yet some fucking nut on this board says " I was Quentin Hubbard, in a past life", Have you any idea what this did to me, how it affected me, how it may have affected others, his sisters, his brother,his friends, if they read here?

Have you really any idea of what this batshit crazy cult has done to people?

I am not aiming any of this at YOU Markus, I have read YOUR story and it is heartbreaking and whether or not you believe me, I feel a great deal of love and compassion towards YOU and your family.

I have said things on this board that maybe I should never have said, and I do apolagise especially to Janis and her family, but at the end of the day, LRH used and abused YOUR family probably more than most and I find that really hard to forgive, even if you do. I really looked up to you Janis then, and still do now, know that, feel it, it is heartfelt.

I don't want to let my children down, and I know you don't want to let yours down either, having come thus far, we owe it to everybody to make a stand, for the future of the children on 'Gods' earth. It never belonged to L. Ron Hubbard. He was a liar, a cheat, a fraud, but worse than all of that, he stole YOUR lives, ALL of YOUR lives and David Miscavige took what was left.

I'm sick of reading about Marty Rathbun and Mike Rinder, WHAT HAVE THEY REALLY DONE TO HELP MANKIND? They have found out the hard way, that Scientology IS just as bad as they helped make it. If they really want to make a difference, they'll get the hell out there and DO something about it.

I am but a little speck of dust, they are the full blown big bits of dirt.

Sharone here just :bighug:
I sent you a PM

Love
Markus

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

If you would be more comfortable not having this thread hanging around the Internet to be seen by whoever, I'm sure Emma would delete it for you if you asked.

Just finished reading this thread.

I had no idea!

Fills me with righteous indignation and resolve to quietly go about my own little attempt to help those still trapped inside.

Sharone Stainforth

Anonophunkik said;

I had no idea!

No, alot of people don't.

I never did find out how you started protesting, but whatever it is you do, it was good to meet you and I say keep at it.

I have printed cards with 'You found the card.com' written on it and I have been known to deposit them in phone booths, library books, on busses and trains. I don't know how successful this is,but I do know alot more people are aware of scientology and what it does now, than ever before.

Once upon a time, I was afraid to tell people I grew up in a cult. The truth be known, I was afraid of ever having being a child, because you were not allowed to be one.I am not afraid anymore, but I don't want to lose my children.

As long as Emma is happy about this thread being here,I have no intention of deleting it.

No, alot of people don't.

Somehow, having met you it makes all the stories I have read more personal.
I never did find out how you started protesting, but whatever it is you do, it was good to meet you and I say keep at it.
To be honest I guess I started out on this path from a slightly militant atheist background. But lets be honest, most christians are fairly harmless, the same cannot be said about scientology. My parents had 'a book of beliefs' at home which had a section called 'cults' and guess who appeared besides The Peoples Temple and the Moonies etc... I guess I always had an interest, but I really did not get indignant enough to do anything but laugh when I saw a stress test cart. A couple of years back I started looking at stories on ex scientology kids, and looking up videos on youtube etc... I think that was probably around the same time as the BBC documentary with John Sweeney and the start of anonymous and chanology. Still being a lazy bum with a family it took me a while to really get off my arse.

Now I think there must be something that can be done to help some of those poor bastards escape, nobody should have to put up with the kind of abuse I hear about on the RPF.

I have printed cards with 'You found the card.com' written on it and I have been known to deposit them in phone booths, library books, on busses and trains. I don't know how successful this is,but I do know alot more people are aware of scientology and what it does now, than ever before.

Once upon a time, I was afraid to tell people I grew up in a cult. The truth be known, I was afraid of ever having being a child, because you were not allowed to be one.I am not afraid anymore, but I don't want to lose my children.

As long as Emma is happy about this thread being here,I have no intention of deleting it.
Look after your family, they are my priority but there are some fairly quite and not overtly confrontational things that I could perhaps do.

Would it be OK to pm you?

Markus

:bump2: for newbies to read.

Thank you for bumping this story - it is so important for people who just left this cult to see that it was not only their own life that was ruined by Hubbards crazy ideas. It can help them to get free from his "Soul Hacking" much sooner.

To the newbies I recommend the essay by Caroline Letkeman about Hubbards "Soul Hacking" : http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source...w7k2LIKgaNGwYA

Love
Markus

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Apollophoto.jpg

This photo taken on the Apollo New year 1968/1969. When I first saw this, I got the shock of my life. It is one thing to remember things from your childhood, it is quite another to see yourself in black and white. What to me was extremely shocking,even though I knew this, I saw this photo and thought "my god, this looks like the Hitler youth".

How scary is that?

QFT

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
The thing with a thetan going into another person's dead/dying body is called, in some venues, a "walk in."

Although I think that sometimes when people think they or others are a "walk in" that it can be their imagination, I also believe this does happen.

Just my opinion, nuttin' more.

I read a cool book about a lady who had an operation and, I think, was in a coma a while. When she came out, her personality was quite different. In fact, she'd been rather unpleasant before and was a lot nicer now.

Yes, there are scientific we-are-our-brains explanations for that. But there also are "Theta" or spiritual explanations for it and who's to say it's always gotta be one type or the other?

I once read something by a Scn'ist who said that she'd been a walk in. Was a last life Scn'ist and didn't feel like waiting from age 0 onward to get into Scn again. So found a dying body which was an older child.

I believe this person.

But, again, that's the realm of opinion.

Many things are possible. Sometimes the odd really happens- sometimes we only think it happens.

Either way, you can love the one you're with.

I know someone who is totally convinced that she is a 'walk-in' and at around age 16 she just bumped somebody out of the body she wanted and just took over it.

Her auditing goes back to that age and then she goes track as if there was never anything before 16.

She believes it. Can't name her, she is still in ( God only knows why ) and I'd not want to cause her trouble.

Oh, for any interested, the above is from kinda 'pillow talk' she was never my PC, didn't ever CS her, or FES her folders.

And she is still a friend.

exseaorgclocmoflagetc

Patron with Honors
By this time,after reading the newspaper,conversations i over heard and observing things going on, on board the ship,young as i was i knew something was deffinately not right.
Because of the newspaper i found myself flicking through the Mail for LRH,mainly trying to find any news with regards my Father.One day i found the very thing i had been dreading,an ethics chit with my name on it,asking permission to throw me over board.I was terrified,no way was that going to happen if i had any say in it,which of course i didn't.I stuffed the chit in my pocket,went to the toilets,tore the chit into tiny pieces and flushed it away.I was worried it wouldn't flush,fortunately it did.
By now i knew i would be leaving in a few days to be with my Dad.I was worried sick that i would get found out and not be allowed to go,i din't know what would happen to me if i was found out but i feel sure it would not have been good.
Full of guilt about what i had done and the prospect of getting caught,i avoided the MAA as best i could,if i saw him coming my way i headed off in the opposite direction.I was a nervous wreck.If i could just get off the ship.
The day finally came for me to go,saying goodbye to my friend and cabinmate was difficult,i felt bad because i couldn't risk telling her things i normally would have,i just couldn't.So far all was going to plan.
As i headed towards the gangplank i saw the MAA staring at me.I expected him to call out'STOP that girl' or something,but he didn't.I could barely breathe properly through fear of being stopped.Finally we were in the taxi and away,it was such a relief.My travelling companions were two men and two young children,whom i was expected to care for on the journey.We were heading for Denmark(the 1st AODK)It was a long journey by train and ferry.I remember the ferry in particular as there was a buffet on a large table.I had never seen so much food and when i found out we could eat as much as we wanted,i went back again and again for more.At some point we split up and one man went off with the children,i never knew whose children they were or what became of them,i have often wondered.
We finally arrived at Abellund,a farm outside of Copenhagen.I knew something was wrong the minute i arrived as i was whisked away in a car for a drive.I was told my Dad was not there.He had been put in a condition of 'Treason' and declared an 'SP'.I was devastated.I didn't understand,i didn't know what to think.It was a cruel blow.All of the journey i had been getting excited at the prospect of being reunited with my father.Now nothingness.
It really hurt alot,like being kicked in the gut.the pain was unbearable and to this day all these years later it still hurts.No one has the right to part a child from their family unless there is a damn good reason.It is a childs 'RIGHT' to be with their parents.I was never given a good reason,i was was only told 'hes' in a condition of Treason,hes' Suppresive.Well i say to any CofS members either 'in' or 'thinking of coming out',or any one who is reading this:What HUMAN RIGHT is it that deprives a child of their family members.A group who promote 'Happy Families'.It was certainly not the case for my family and i know it was not the case for many families.Disconnection from family in my eyes is one of the worst 'abuses' of 'HUMAN RIGHTS' anyone can inflict on another human being.It has to 'STOP'.bump:
Sharon: I can relate as im sure many abandoned SO kids could. Just a side note..i would always relate to movies with stories about lost children..here is a good one that relates to all those feelings https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Princess_(1939_film)

what everyone must know is that it happened on board the apollo to sharon and others...and then very simlar to myself in the 80's and then I can see stories of children in the SO from the 90's..next the millenium generation will be posting....my heart breaks...it breaks to think this hasnt been stopped and they seem too powerful to be stopped and there are children enduring this right now....away from parents.. slave laboring..mind games and no nurturing or education ...causing endless damage......when will it stop?? when will chrildren no longer be subject to this ) '= thank you sharon and everyone else for speaking out..it needs to be done...or it will continue. Thank you all!

Last edited: