What's new

suppressiveperson.org "Internal Server Error"

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
For several weeks suppressiveperson.org has been down due to "Internal Server Error". This is an excellent site for referencing actual ethics policies that make up the abusive nature of Scientology. I was hoping they were down just because of an internal configuration problem but now I am wondering if the Church shut them down over copyright issues?
_____
http://www.suppressiveperson.org

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
For several weeks suppressiveperson.org has been down due to "Internal Server Error". This is an excellent site for referencing actual ethics policies that make up the abusive nature of Scientology. I was hoping they were down just because of an internal configuration problem but now I am wondering if the Church shut them down over copyright issues?
_____
http://www.suppressiveperson.org

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I've often seen that notice, even when I'm messing around with my LAN here at home and I misconfigure something like a perl script sent to Apache (my pet web server). I don't think that message is what you're likely to see if they'd been legally 'shut down', but that's just my opinion for what it's worth.

Last edited:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
I've often seen that notice, even when I'm messing around with my LAN here at home and I misconfigure something like a perl script sent to Apache (my pet web server). I don't think that message is what you're likely to see if they'd been legally 'shut down', but that's just my opinion for what it's worth.

It's not just a configuration error, that site is definitely down.

http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/suppressiveperson.org.html

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
I'm sorry mate but I beg to differ. If I write a perl script and mistakenly put a comma where a full stop should be and try and run it on my server, that message is EXACTLY what I'll get back from Apache.

There's no question that the site is 'down' though.

When not even a simple ping command gets through, it's more than a configuration error.

ping suppressiveperson.org
<snip>
Antwort von 217.160.231.110: Bytes=32 Zeit=33ms TTL=58
Antwort von 217.160.231.110: Zielport nicht erreichbar.

EDIT:
The site is not "officially" closed, the DNS entry still exists , although a traceroute comes back empty-handed too.

tracert suppressiveperson.org

Routenverfolgung zu suppressiveperson.org [217.160.231.110]
über maximal 30 Hops:
<snip>
8 32 ms 96 ms 36 ms ae-11.bb-c.bs.kae.de.oneandone.net [212.227.120.18]
9 33 ms 32 ms kundenserver.de [217.160.231.110] meldet: Zielprotokoll nicht erreichbar.

Last edited:

strativarius

When not even a simple ping command gets through, it's more than a configuration error.

efSWqgL.jpg

strativarius

Yeah, "some" response comes back, but then it tells me "target port unreachable".

Fuck me MrN, what do you want it to do, whistle fucking Dixie? It responded in the way it normally responds, no more no less.

With tracert it gives me the route and then says "target protocol unreachable."

Not for me it doesn't.

One would have to contact the site admin offsite to find out more.

If I could really give a fuck I would.

Last edited:

strativarius

Thanks guys. Seems it's down and short of someone with inside skinny telling us why - is doomed to be a mystery.

You're welcome TOBB. I'll go with my initial thoughts. The server (which somebody is evidently still paying for) is alive and kicking, so the site is 'down', but it's not 'out' (at least not at present).

That message is issued when some software glich appears and the server can't understand what it's supposed to do. It really could be as 'minor' as a comma in place of a full stop as I posited earlier. That's all it takes, believe me. The fact that nobody has fixed it is what is puzzling. (I charge $150 ph :biggrin:)

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I get that "Internal Server Error" every day on ESMB.

It occurs at 8:15am GMT, which apparently is when site maintenance is taking place.

I have to wait a few minutes for something to happen then it kicks me out and I have to re-load the site.

I know this doesn't help much but I just thought I'd mention it.

strativarius

I get that "Internal Server Error" every day on ESMB.

It occurs at 8:15am GMT, which apparently is when site maintenance is taking place.

I have to wait a few minutes for something to happen then it kicks me out and I have to re-load the site.

I know this doesn't help much but I just thought I'd mention it.

Well, if you insist upon being up and about at that unearthly hour you've only got yourself to blame IMO. :biggrin:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, if you insist upon being up and about at that unearthly hour you've only got yourself to blame IMO. :biggrin:

The crew at Saint Hill would be mustering in 15 minutes.

It is soooo nice to be able to sleep in, not that I'd want our OSA monitors to feel like they were missing anything.

15.jpg