What's new

Sweeney on marty's Blog

Terril park

Sponsor
I don't think he will support anybody per se. A bad thing for the cult is that it has become profitable to do stories about scientology. People are eating it up. Sweeney had huge ratings from the last show, but still has some egg on his face. He his been right on the middle of a couple of the more bizarre incidents in the last few weeks. He's probably mostly in it for ratings but is seeing first hand how psychotic this cult is and is in a great position to get even more penetration into the general society.

But as far as support, those PIs make Marty look like George Washington or somebody. I mean it's just amazing that they would send guys to do that shit and allow themselves to be videoed.

Couple of Bizzare incidents? What have I missed?

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
People may or may not know that i am a huge fan of the SCi-FI TV series "Babylon 5" which came out in the 90's and attracted (dare I say it?) a "cult" following.

Anyway it was written by a very talented sci-Fi writer named J. Michael Straczynski, some episodes were written by others (including one excellent episode writen by Neil Gaiman) but the overall story arc and most of the eps were written by JMS (note the initials as well...).

Babylon 5 has many spiritual and religious references in it. JMS had no problem conjuring imaginary religions out of his imagination at will. The references were cogent, reasoned and impressive and just a part of the story.

Here is a small sequence from the series where one of my favorite characters makes a great speech http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPjmxIWLEaU&feature=related

Imagine how easy it was for a sci-fi writer to just create a religion out of whole cloth.

Terril park

Sponsor
what utter bullshit Terrill.

I know that you all but worship this person but puleeze.

WHAT DAMAGE?? Apart from your general impression - what actual damage has this person done compared to, for example Larry Wollersheim who actually sued the CofS and won? Or compared to Feral and Carm and the people in oz and the raft of refunds?

Do you have anything other than PR BS to put forth? I know that Marty has spoken a lot and writes a blog.

I know that you are fully a "Martian" (a Marty acolyte) but could you reign in your hyperbole for a moment ?

I don't worship Marty, he dosn't even often reply to my occasional
e- mails. I do like the effects he's created.

Started with the truth rundown, which was picked up by the world including OZ.

His actions re PR have been greater than anyones. In very large part due to his previous high position in COS.

He's just captured on camera, one of the top reporters for the BBC flagship programme Panorama making comments on the religious bigotry of
COS.

PR wise this blows them out of the water and negates any further
PR impact they can ever make. Well in theory.

Looks like BBC, Panorama, Sweeney will hammer that home to the world, and not just some internet fora.

Perhaps a good leverage for dismissing special tax excemptions, maybe
prosecutions re religious hate speech and so on.

Its also clear that Marty has not finished whatever his game plan is.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

His actions re PR have been greater than anyones. In very large part due to his previous high position in COS.

He's just captured on camera, one of the top reporters for the BBC flagship programme Panorama making comments on the religious bigotry of
COS.

Looks like BBC, Panorama, Sweeney will hammer that home to the world, and not just some internet fora.

Bully for Marty...He's one of the "Players" that helped Da Monster make the "Church" what it is today. What a neat game, huh? And, El Ron's S**t don't stink either...Real "heroes" one and all.

Face

Last edited:

Smilla

Ordinary Human

COS.

You massively overestimate Marty's place and significance in all this. A little bird told me about some other people who will be featured in the program. Be prepared for a surprise.

TG1

Angelic Poster
You massively overestimate Marty's place and significance in all this. A little bird told me about some other people who will be featured in the program. Be prepared for a surprise.

Smilla, did the little bird tell you when the BBC program is likely to air?

TG1

G

Gottabrain

Terril,

The most damage being done to the C of S in the US was done by others. In other countries, there has been far, far more damage than in the US.

But Marty has gotten some out. For that, he's done alright.

The BBC has used many ex's for their interviews. Marty did not spearhead that. He holds back on the really damaging evidence and instead generalises, whereas others with more courage and integrity have not.

What will close the C of S in Britain is when Australia closes it down - and the recipricol church laws will no longer apply to the C of S there.

What is needed - and what is missing - is the US media to do some stories. If Marty can crack that open, then we'd all be very pleased.

Doom

Lurking.
Going legal on COS has always been a very tough proposition.
Others have and they won.

Not an endeavor to be lightly entered into.
No Shit, but the same could be said if you sued McDonalds.

So far Marty has damaged COS and DM more than any single individual.
I don't agree mate.

And so far he has not had to face legal attack. This is a VERY positive
plus point.
They Don't want him in a court room under oath, he could say something that they would regret.

The world's most litigious organisation has not been able to use its top weapon. Because Marty has been smart.
I would say that the most litigious would be a litigation law firm and I refer to the answer above.

You know the policy of using the law to Harrass. Marty has managed to side step this while giving out much damaging info. Re Lisa McPherson, physical attacks by DM, and so on. Not to mention getting Monique Yingling and Bert Fields to respond.
That info didn't just come from him, Yingling and Fields aren't a real factor.

My thought is if he makes a mistake he could have lots of lawyers on his ass.
They don't want him in court IMO.

Don't know his strategy, not a part of his circle.
Keep it that way.

He is though winning. Maybe he's not doing what you want.
My motives are very transparent.

That may be a yet.
We shall see.

Maybe he has his reasons.
I'm sure he does.

He has though it seems done what I tried many times to do. He
has the BBC via John Sweeney comment that COS is harrassing non
COS scientologists.
Thats a good start.

And they position that they are the sole protectors of religious freedom.
Yeah they do and they are not.

This is shown as complete bullshit, and may have legal implications.
But IANAL.
OK.

It is though a devastating PR blow. And parishioners will have been
told by the BBC that they CAN do scientology outside COS.
We will see what the BBC has to say first.

This has been done so far only by Marty's Blog.
What all of that done by one blog.
My guess is that
Panorama and Sweeney are going to go postal on COS.
Yeah that sounds good.

Then their subsequent footbullets will be the final blow of any note
before they fade away. Hopefully with deserving people jailed.
Bring on the footbullets and those who are guilty should go to gaol.

Marty is NOT the be all and end all of the FZ and Indie community,
you guys were there before he was, so don't be lead down the garden path.
Poacher turned game keeper?

Doom

Lurking.
Terril,

The most damage being done to the C of S in the US was done by others. In other countries, there has been far, far more damage than in the US.

The BBC has used many ex's for their interviews. Marty did not spearhead that. He holds back on the really damaging evidence and instead generalises, whereas others with more courage and integrity have not.

What will close the C of S in Britain is when Australia closes it down - and the recipricol church laws will no longer apply to the C of S there.

What is needed - and what is missing - is the US media to do some stories. If Marty can crack that open, then we'd all be very pleased.
Agreed.:thumbsup:

Veda

Sponsor
I find the war between the rival Hubbardites (Marty vs DM) entertaining, and do think some good has come of it, and Marty's blog has brought out some useful information from former members, although usually encased in toadyism to Marty or Hubbard or both.

The foundations for Scientology's exposure as a criminal mind-control cult were laid by people such as Paulette Cooper and Gerry Armstrong for whom Marty has expressed contempt, and one of Marty's complaints against Miscavige is that Miscavige did not succeed in stopping the publication of such (pre-Internet) books as 'Messiah or Madman?', 'Barefaced Messiah', and 'Piece of Blue Sky'. And Marty's contempt for the "punks" in the USA FBI is well known - the FBI responsible for unearthing a wealth of secret Scientology tech and documentation in 1977, which placed L. Ron Hubbard in jeopardy. And there is little doubt that Marty would have preferred that this part of LRH tech, and the paperwork associated with its application, would have remained secret.

As for the Freezoners who've appeared at Marty's door, propitiatingly offering bowls of fruit (figuratively speaking), my guess is that Marty tolerates them as they serve his purpose in his war against Miscavige. (Which is an odd kind of war, since there seems to be a condition of mutual-blackmail which retrains both from saying or doing certain things, although there is a lot of noise and display.)

IMO, Marty regards many in the Freezone as flakes.

However, the Freezone shares Marty's disdain for "Natter Boards," "natterers," "bashers," "anti-religious bigots," "anti-Scientologists," and for those who don't show proper respect to their mutual guru and spiritual leader, L. Ron Hubbard, so, as the old saying goes, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

In any event, these developments are interesting, and time will tell where they lead.

Doom

Lurking.
I find the war between the rival Hubbardites (Marty vs DM) entertaining, and do think some good has come of it, and Marty's blog has brought out some useful information from former members, although usually encased in toadyism to Marty or Hubbard or both.

The foundations for Scientology's exposure as a criminal mind-control cult were laid by people such as Paulette Cooper and Gerry Armstrong for whom Marty has expressed contempt, and one of Marty's complaints against Miscavige is that Miscavige did not succeed in stopping the publication of such (pre-Internet) books as 'Messiah or Madman?', 'Barefaced Messiah', and 'Piece of Blue Sky'. And Marty's contempt for the "punks" in the USA FBI is well known - the FBI responsible for unearthing a wealth of secret Scientology tech and documentation in 1977, which placed L. Ron Hubbard in jeopardy. And there is little doubt that Marty would have preferred that this part of LRH tech, and the paperwork associated with its application, would have remained secret.

As for the Freezoners who've appeared at Marty's door, propitiatingly offering bowls of fruit (figuratively speaking), my guess is that Marty tolerates them as they serve his purpose in his war against Miscavige. (Which is an odd kind of war, since there seems to be a condition of mutual-blackmail which retrains both from saying or doing certain things, although there is a lot of noise and display.)

IMO, Marty regards many in the Freezone as flakes.

However, the Freezone shares Marty's disdain for "Natter Boards," "natterers," "bashers," "anti-religious bigots," "anti-Scientologists," and for those who don't show proper respect to their mutual guru and spiritual leader, L. Ron Hubbard, so, as the old saying goes, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

In any event, these developments are interesting, and time will tell where it leads.
Very eloquent, Veda.:thumbsup:

Terril park

Sponsor
Terril,

IMO the greatest damage to COS has been done by some awfull policies,
and the command intention from a psychopath at the top, which reaches to everyone still in COS. Even the relatively sensible matter of updating some books [ I believe the juries still out on if that was done well] was accompanied by enormous crush sell which has caused people to leave,
also by ripping up the org board so that programs chiefs spend more time
selling books than wearing there hat, and behind it was that age old evil
of book burning. In fact anything inherently good in the subject has been perverted and twisted and people are just not happy being associated with
COS and are leaving in droves.

When Panorama did their last program on COS IIRC I believe Marty had left,
and hadn't spoken publically anywhere, and Mike Rinder blew shortly after when he was in the UK doing a radio show phone in whose purpose was attcking the BBC and Sweeney.

The next BBC program will it seems heavily feature Mike and Marty.
Its interesting that they were in the UK Many months ago and there seems little doubt that they were visiting with the BBC. Its thus interesting to note that John Sweeney visited very recently, and may still be there even. Looks
like BBC is looking to do a thorough job. Since Marty and Mikes visit to the UK
there has been many PR disasters to catch up with.

Marty has in fact been very successful with US media. The Truth Rundown
from the St Petes times was massive, and had I believe 17 top int base execs telling about physical violence from DM, and was commented on by several major US papers. The CNN Anderson Cooper and the square inch wives was major.

Then there is the attack on Mike Rinder, apparently caught on the phone by John Sweeney.

The news that DM is making fun off TCs sec checks at cocktail parties
is spreading everywhere. See Marty's latest blog post below.

The BBC is really something better than I believe any US news service
and is available there. John Sweeney seems to have gotten lots of interesting data. Its looking to me that this is going to be the greatest PR blow the COS has had.

Many don't like Marty, don't think he's done enough and so on. But
he's doing something.

"The post of two nights ago regarding Miscavige betraying Tom Cruise’s confessions has gone viral. News media have contacted me from several countries asking for interviews. I will tell you what I told them. I am doing no interviews on the subject until the BBC Panorama investigation has aired. It is BBC’s exclusive as far as I am concerned. The reason is that Panorama’s John Sweeney actually connected the dots on all this. Sweeney can investigate, folks. Why do you think DM worked so hard utilizing reverse Scientology tactics to make him snap? Do you realize the crux of Sweeney’s 2007 investigation was evidence that Miscavige beat people on a regular basis? The effort and money that Miscavige devotes to discrediting Sweeney is directly proportional to the investigative skills and persistence of Sweeney. Stayed tuned."

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Hi Terrill

For some reason you seem to bring out the worst in me - I have no idea why I seem to lose my manners whenever I get to respond to your posts, but I do.

Like most Scientologists and Proto-Scientologists and Wannabe-Scientologists you are prone to mistaking words for action. You are also prone to mistaking "having spoken" to "having done something."

Personally I dislike someone who in the guise of "helping" is just bent on continuing the same exploitation that the person already went through. I mean take a look at Logan on that blog. there's a guy who has suffered in the SO and now Rathbun is still keeping the whole mindfuck going for the guy. I mean - just look at the hateful drivel that Logan posts - I doubt that he even has enough self awareness to realize.

Marty seems to know - and I am surprised that you do not - that words in TV documentaries do not make that much difference to the CofS, Scientologists are not going to "know" anything based on what Sweeney might say.

So Marty makes his vague accusations without actually saying anything and he and Rinder score some points regarding disconnection. IN the meantime where is the support for criminal indictments? THOSE MATTER, not the fucking PR.

They have both gone out of their way to avoid this.

And THAT speaks volumes Terill.

Open your ears. This guys is not your friend.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Once again terrill your "proof" of something being done is someone TALKING. Just because Marty blogs something - doesn't mean it actually IS.

Perhaps you could post on the Blog of Truth and ask why Marty tried to derail the inquiry in Australia? Now THERE"S something he actually DID. Ain't talking much about it though.

AS for the St Pete Times where did you get the info that it was Marty's idea?

IMO the greatest damage to COS has been done by some awfull policies,
and the command intention from a psychopath at the top, which reaches to everyone still in COS. Even the relatively sensible matter of updating some books [ I believe the juries still out on if that was done well] was accompanied by enormous crush sell which has caused people to leave,
also by ripping up the org board so that programs chiefs spend more time
selling books than wearing there hat, and behind it was that age old evil
of book burning. In fact anything inherently good in the subject has been perverted and twisted and people are just not happy being associated with
COS and are leaving in droves.

When Panorama did their last program on COS IIRC I believe Marty had left,
and hadn't spoken publically anywhere, and Mike Rinder blew shortly after when he was in the UK doing a radio show phone in whose purpose was attcking the BBC and Sweeney.

The next BBC program will it seems heavily feature Mike and Marty.
Its interesting that they were in the UK Many months ago and there seems little doubt that they were visiting with the BBC. Its thus interesting to note that John Sweeney visited very recently, and may still be there even. Looks
like BBC is looking to do a thorough job. Since Marty and Mikes visit to the UK
there has been many PR disasters to catch up with.

Marty has in fact been very successful with US media. The Truth Rundown
from the St Petes times was massive, and had I believe 17 top int base execs telling about physical violence from DM, and was commented on by several major US papers. The CNN Anderson Cooper and the square inch wives was major.

Then there is the attack on Mike Rinder, apparently caught on the phone by John Sweeney.

The news that DM is making fun off TCs sec checks at cocktail parties
is spreading everywhere. See Marty's latest blog post below.

The BBC is really something better than I believe any US news service
and is available there. John Sweeney seems to have gotten lots of interesting data. Its looking to me that this is going to be the greatest PR blow the COS has had.

Many don't like Marty, don't think he's done enough and so on. But
he's doing something.

"The post of two nights ago regarding Miscavige betraying Tom Cruise’s confessions has gone viral. News media have contacted me from several countries asking for interviews. I will tell you what I told them. I am doing no interviews on the subject until the BBC Panorama investigation has aired. It is BBC’s exclusive as far as I am concerned. The reason is that Panorama’s John Sweeney actually connected the dots on all this. Sweeney can investigate, folks. Why do you think DM worked so hard utilizing reverse Scientology tactics to make him snap? Do you realize the crux of Sweeney’s 2007 investigation was evidence that Miscavige beat people on a regular basis? The effort and money that Miscavige devotes to discrediting Sweeney is directly proportional to the investigative skills and persistence of Sweeney. Stayed tuned."

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Okay as long as you don't say it is not *confirmable*.

Rd00

Oh, it would be confirmable; just, not by us. The cops identified the guy and, if a PI, it's not impossible to 'discover' who hired him. Just, *we* can't. Which is why we need police and prosecutor involvement in dealing with the criminal conspiracy that is scientology. Private citizens can raise the alarm and public awareness, but, we do *not* have the tools necessary to 'follow the money' or rip the corporate veil or even question people under penalty of perjury. (Not that a little perjury would bother the 'Church')

But, back to the 'unthinkable' aspect. Marty is an old hand at manipulating the press/media and I don't put it past him to arrange a little 'drama' for a visitor. Could be dangerous, since it could get out, which is why I consider it unlikely, but, stranger things have happened. And Marty has 'happened' them.

Zinj