What's new

Sydney Ideal Org

Carmel

Crusader
I just heard on the grape vine, that the Sydney "Ideal Org", which they've been getting donos for, for a few years now, will now be a reno job of the existing building in Castlereagh St.

Some months ago, we heard that a new building was being purchased in Camperdown, near the city. It was going to cost, $7m, that went up to around 11m, then up to 17m. Photos of this building were being shown around apparently, and it was all set.

Prior to this, renos were set for Castlereagh St, but they couldn't get Council approval.

Does anyone know the scoop on this, and what figure they are looking at now?

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Given the current worldwide situation and scientology losing popularity at a rapid rate may I suggest they consider buying a simple 4-berth caravan!

Feral

Rogue male
SNC, It went up a further $5mil to $22 mil, NO BULL, but I did hear just the other day it is now back down to $8mil and there is a new building chosen, but don't know any details. Hard to keep up really.

My friends in Sydney told me back in Nov 2004 a meeting of the field was called by CLO, They were going to raise $3mil get council approval and renovate the exsisting building by March 13. adding two more floors, and it was going to be a heritage job and involed the National Trust. :happydance:

It gave them 134 days to do the lot.:thumbsup:

Then at the LRH birthday event we would give this gift to Ron:clap: :clap:

My friends came to me in shock, apparently they had said at the meeting it was impossible to do in that time frame:ohmy:They got kind of shouted down:nervous: I helped them try to handle their obvious counter intention:angry: Alas, they did not "get it" and as a result of their CI you can see the job is not done. and nearly four years later there is still no concrete plan.:yes: :yes:

If only the wogs could learn the proper way of doing things from us Scilons this whole planet would run properly :bigcry:

randomx

Patron with Honors
Scientologists hit out at criticism

Jano Gibson Urban Affairs Reporter
January 21, 2009

THE Church of Scientology has appealed for religious tolerance after its $12 million bid to redevelop its Sydney headquarters sparked fears from neighbours of an increase in "menacing" and "aggressive" recruitment tactics.

The church has sought approval from the City of Sydney to add two floors to its five-storey building, Scientology House, on Castlereagh Street. The increased floor space would help turn the building into an "Ideal Org", the name Scientologists give to their most significant churches.

But almost 150 people in the neighbouring Victoria Towers complex have signed a petition warning of an increase in on-the-street recruitment drives using the "infamous IQ and personality tests".

"The street activity often results in menacing interaction with members of the public and has been known to be aggressive and persistent at times," the petition states.

More than 30 individual objections have also been lodged, including one from the owners of a neighbouring building occupied by the Department of Defence, which cites the security risk posed by a recent spate of anti-Scientology protests.

"Increased activity at 201 Castlereagh Street will encourage increased public protest in the area, which already occurs regularly and again presents a serious security concern for the occupiers of Defence Plaza," the Industry Superannuation Property Trust said.

Other submissions raised concerns about the potential loss of views, "toxic emissions" from air conditioning units and the heritage impact the proposed development would have on the neighbouring historic St George's Presbyterian Church.

The president of the church, Vicki Dunstan, said the residents' claims were "extremely vindictive and untrue".

About 20 church supporters have already sent in submissions, pleading to be treated by the council without prejudice. Ms Dunstan said 600 people had also signed a petition in support of the proposal.

In one of the submissions, the executive director of the church, Caroline Collen, wrote: "We pride ourselves on being responsible neighbours and friends to the local community and want to be given the same rights to expand and use our air space as any other property owner in your precinct."

Another parishioner wrote: "There have been other upgrades carried out by other religious organisations such as St Mary's Cathedral and St Andrew's Cathedral and I feel that we should also be granted the right to upgrade our building so that we can make a more aesthetic location for our parishioners to come to."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...ut-at-criticism/2009/01/20/1232213646771.html

randomx

Patron with Honors
Religious tolerance

I guess even their own members are
running out of "religious tolerance".

What about you ?

Can you stand by and watch human rights abuses ?

Can you allow a destructive mind control cult extort
money from vulnerable people without speaking out ?

Can you just watch while people`s lives are destroyed ?

Can you stay silent while the biggest intelligence gathering
project in history gets the dirt on otherwise good people.?

Are you comfortable seeing slave labour in the 21 st century?

Are you able to sit back and see child neglect and abuse ?

Do you remain silent as a Nazi organization infiltrates the media,
government, religion, mental health, education and the judiciary
with plans of world domination ?

If yes to the above. You are practicing "religious tolerance"
as defined by the "Church of Scientology."

My question is ...who made Scientology any sort of an authority
on "Religious tolerance ?"

My religious conviction is that Scientology is an evil con
that the world needs to be warned about.....

Tolerate that Scientology.!!!!

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's like their answer to reduced income is to burn every dollar they can get their hands on. Like a rocket using up it's last fuel and is about to nose over towards the ground at mach 3. Put your ear plugs in.

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
It is desperation at its highest level. They demand religious tolerance but they have a policy on 'mixing practices'.

Religious tolerance my arse.

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Scn tries to intimidate opponents of the Ideal Org

This is a document sent to all of the people who signed a petition opposing the redelvelopment of 210 Castelreagh St. It was given to SydAnons by a person who lives or rents the rooms above the Catholic Centre which is right next door to the cofs.

It is pure intimidation. It is pure fairgaming.

It is sick.

DSC04610.jpg

Human Again

Silver Meritorious Patron
I like the idea of a letter being sent to the counsil disclosing the "donnation gathering" techniques used previously and currently, detailing actual experiences and urging the council to ask the church to do it without the donnation scheme that is such pressure on their parishoners.

lol

Carmel

Crusader
Agreed, the CofS is stupid sometimes but not THAT stupid.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing - it reminded me of the time when that liberal party member tried to pull that stunt on the labour party member, and it back fired, oh so badly.

I wonder if whoever did it, is watching their back. Whatever/whichever, a dangerous play for sure.

Ananon

Patron
Agreed, the CofS is stupid sometimes but not THAT stupid.

I don't agree. I wouldn't fit in with the Anonymous culture to do something like this. In my view, anons display either rage or a prankish attitude ('lulz') when their negative side shows. A smear campaign a la Scientology, just isn't Anons style. Also, look at the remark 'Do you know who you are?'. I don't think Anon would be capable of including a Scientology reference like that. They know Scientologese, but not that well.

Also, does this means that you and Iktm think less of Anon than they do about the Church of Scientology?

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
For what it's worth, I know several Sydney scilons who would do something like that without a second thought.

And they'd include it in their Liability formulas as a Blow to the Enemy :D

It's not that long ago that writing "Psychiatry Kills" on the Devonshire Street tunnel was an accepted part of a liability formula now is it? And there've been some incredibly stupid things reported on this board that have been done by some of the Sydneyites.

It's almost certainly NOT OSA, but other scilons?????

I doubt any Anon would bother - too much lulz and caek. :coolwink:

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't agree. I wouldn't fit in with the Anonymous culture to do something like this. In my view, anons display either rage or a prankish attitude ('lulz') when their negative side shows. A smear campaign a la Scientology, just isn't Anons style. Also, look at the remark 'Do you know who you are?'. I don't think Anon would be capable of including a Scientology reference like that. They know Scientologese, but not that well.

Also, does this means that you and Iktm think less of Anon than they do about the Church of Scientology?

It was a first impression is all. Is it possible, absolutely.

And hell no. Anon has much of my respect.

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
I don't reckon Anon would bither

For what it's worth, I know several Sydney scilons who would do something like that without a second thought.

And they'd include it in their Liability formulas as a Blow to the Enemy :D

It's not that long ago that writing "Psychiatry Kills" on the Devonshire Street tunnel was an accepted part of a liability formula now is it? And there've been some incredibly stupid things reported on this board that have been done by some of the Sydneyites.

It's almost certainly NOT OSA, but other scilons?????

I doubt any Anon would bother - too much lulz and caek. :coolwink:

I agree with you Scooter. Every single person on the petition was contacted. Aletter written and stamped and mailed to the person. In the video you can see a tenant of the Catholic Club soming up to the Anons and giving him the letter. You can hear him talking about it.

Anonymous did not do this. They couldn't be bothered. They would not send it to all of the people. They do crazy lulzy stuff - this just isn't their style. I was there and I saw.

Maybe OSA, maybe not. But definitely the work of Scientologists.

If Anonymous had done it they would have put an A on it. :duh:

DCAnon

Silver Meritorious Patron
I agree with you Scooter. Every single person on the petition was contacted. Aletter written and stamped and mailed to the person. In the video you can see a tenant of the Catholic Club soming up to the Anons and giving him the letter. You can hear him talking about it.

Anonymous did not do this. They couldn't be bothered. They would not send it to all of the people. They do crazy lulzy stuff - this just isn't their style. I was there and I saw.

Maybe OSA, maybe not. But definitely the work of Scientologists.

If Anonymous had done it they would have put an A on it. :duh:

Or goatse. Yeah, probably goatse.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Well, I probably shouldn't have intimated that I agreed "Anon probably did it", there's no evidence to support that. What I meant to agree to is that it's highly unlikely the CofS or any semi-sentient scn'ist did it. It's just too stupid, points directly at the CofS and the fact that it's so easily outed and guaranteed to cause more bad publicity and ill will just doesn't fit with the operating basis of OSA.
This is just my opinion, I'm sure the actual source will be revealed in time.

Div6

Crusader
Well, I probably shouldn't have intimated that I agreed "Anon probably did it", there's no evidence to support that. What I meant to agree to is that it's highly unlikely the CofS or any semi-sentient scn'ist did it. It's just too stupid, points directly at the CofS and the fact that it's so easily outed and guaranteed to cause more bad publicity and ill will just doesn't fit with the operating basis of OSA.
This is just my opinion, I'm sure the actual source will be revealed in time.

My first impression was a "false flag" incident. Either OSA or some scilon in lower conditions did it to "manufacture crimes" and try to blame it on Anons.

Remember, they are scripturaly bound to "manufacture crimes" when none can be found...