What's new

Sydney May 14 2011 Protest - OPERATION DOWNSTAT (take two)

Re: Sydney May 14 2011 Protest - OPERATION DOWNSTAT

Going to be any lit up signs for night?
How 'bout some simple Mandarin ones for the Taiwan scilons? (I suppose they are going to show up?)

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

This was a problem last time. Perhaps people can bring some torches?

Good idea. I remember the Post Office had a range of small battery lanterns a while back, I meant to get some. Something like that could be put in front of static signs.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

Hi Zhent,

I will be there early and will text you. There should be plenty of cars.

Zhent

Leakus Maximus

Hi Zhent,

I will be there early and will text you. There should be plenty of cars.

I will be there either early or late due to train timetabling - leaning towards early atm (before 5pm)

Do you have a torch you can bring?

Also what about a sound system and megaphone, has fatman organised this?

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

I will be there either early or late due to train timetabling - leaning towards early atm (before 5pm)

Do you have a torch you can bring?

Also what about a sound system and megaphone, has fatman organised this?
Fatman is bringing megaphone, Kooka SHOULD be bringing the sound system but not confirmed yet. This is going to be epic. Also cold.

<edit>I will bring a few torches.</edit>

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron

Can you imagine a few short years ago having to CHASE an event???
Them being so scared of NORMAL people?
It's rather hilarious.

Pretty crazy, isn't it?

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Fatman is bringing megaphone, Kooka SHOULD be bringing the sound system but not confirmed yet. This is going to be epic. Also cold.

<edit>I will bring a few torches.</edit>

Temperature will be 13 to 15 degrees around that time. A bit windy but no rain.

I have the Beringer in my possession and the megaphone, but not the microphone. Fatman needs to bring that.

I am charging up my Ipod, per your PM. It is very brave of Anonymous to let someone 2 generations removed pick the music. :D :whistling:

Zhent

Leakus Maximus

I am charging up my Ipod, per your PM. It is very brave of Anonymous to let someone 2 generations removed pick the music. :D :whistling:

LOL. I will charge my Zune just in case :eyeroll:

Also, has anyone invited Tamphex to come? Would great to see him again.

Purple Rain

Crusader

Oh, thinking it must be cold even in Sydney! Can't wait to hear what happens. Thinking of you out there in between essay writing and being huddled over my little oil heater. I trust your music, Kooka! Lol! You should hear mine ... :p

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron

Zhent and I did a brief sweep by Hercules St to see what was going on before the raid. Zhent noticed a new camera installed near a window we sometimes can see through. The front of Hercules St had a sign which basically had all of these ideal orgs where construction was going to start by the Maiden Voyage date. Inglewood and Tel Aviv were among them. Sydney was on the list as a fail.

We knew that the ideal org was going to be a sore point and we hammered it, as well as the stats leaked, and Rex Fowler's conviction (we did that one for anonSparrow). We did a quick sweep past the ANZO org where the protest was about to happen and we saw no red carpet and no one much there. We weren't able to confirm the event so we weren't sure til we got there if it was on or not.

Then 6 of us met up at the park and headed down to the org. We had 2 exes among us, Ian and Jen, which I am glad made it as there input was important. I'm not sure if we stepped into a spacetime fluctuation but when we got to the org, it was like we were in 2008, although Fatman said it was worse than 2008.

We had to explain to the new cops why we wear masks and they finally let Barbie put her mask back on. And the bullbaiting from OSA and even the publics was like these people were possessed by Jesse Prince.

We had lots of speeches, mostly Carla and I had both doors covered, they had 5 OSA guys on the doors. That's more than the 2 or 3 they normally have. Zhent managed to get a Xenuroll on them. We got that on video too. Lulz.

When I first took the megaphone, they started to heckle me. When I ignored them, they crossed the road to heckle me. When I still ignored them, they started grabbing the mike, pushing and shoving and all that. So I made a new rule: you cross the street, I cross the street and start protesting at your front door. They pushed and shoved me a bit at first, but they quickly learned. I can make more noise through your front door.

There were no cops there and the Scis were behaving very strangely. It was not looking good, but we just behaved, protested and had our video cameras rolling.

It didn't end there. We had publics crossing the street to grab cameras and shove people. There were numerous instances, and like good anons, we videod much of it from multiple angles. Fatman seemed to be the target of a lot of unprovoked stuff and he counted at least 10 minor assaults to him and others. We have footage from 2 angles of a crazy scilon trying to grab Fatman's camera. They were bullbaiting Carla and I because we were on the mike, but with Fatman, it was totally unprovoked. We were very well behaved and very civil, particularly Fatman, so they have no excuse.

It reminded me of that line from the Blues Brothers:

"Unnecesary Violence in the apprehension of the Blues Brothers...

... has been approved."

When the cops showed up, all of us made it clear that there was a very violent atmosphere. Even before the "West Side Story" bit, we all felt we needed a police presence there permanently from now on. I cannot say for certain, but there was a feeling among all of us, that the intimidation was endorsed by Scientology management. Particularly because management, including Cyrus Brooks were participating. The cops left after this. Must have been a busy night.

Still haven't reviewed all the footage yet, but Fatman got footage of Cyrus Brooks crossing the street to bullbait Carla Jesse Prince style. He has gotten close to her to bullbait before, but Fatman's footage is at a good angle, and it makes it clear he is the aggressor.

Michael Gordon still looks ready to blow to me. At first, he was laughing, secondly he was stern, third he was angry, and last he turned his back on me. The story of Colin Gao, seemed to really bug him.

I'm not sure when this happened, but there was an incident with a Scientologist by the name of Jo Kingi who parked near us, opened his car door and nearly hit Xenu, came out of his car, went to the org, ordering people out of his way in a very menacing manner. He then came back to his car, directly at our line of protestors. He told Barbie to get out of the way in an agressive manner and made a fist at her. Fatman got that on camera as well. There were too many of these incidents to name. We will put up video of as much of it as we can.

OK, so here is where it gets weird. One of the people who came to intimidate Fatman called him a paedophile and said he ran a paedophile website. She then said that she was going to get photos of him to put up on a website. Fatman was very well behaved, waited til she left and called the cops. The amount of intimidation going on and no cops there was feeling dangerous. It felt like at any time, there was going to be a full-on brawl. With 5 OSA guys and a number of heavy set Scis out the front, it could have been pretty nasty.

So a few minutes later, a bus full of kids turn up. Dozens of them. Out of nowhere. Then they stand out the front of the org in a line and start staring at us like out of "West Side Story". Fatman wisely did not take any photos. Nor did I. We think this was the last attempt to bullbait us. That's why we didn't take photos. It would have been like picking up the gun that Jack Palance through at your feet. It would have given the 5 OSA guys and the other publics, like Jo Kingi an excuse to come over and beat us up.

We will probably post most of the video on WWP the thread is here

<Edit>Kookaburra has rightly pointed out that since Jesse Prince is out and doing good work, he no longer does this. For clarification: This is what Jesse Prince did in the early days with the critics.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron

Oh, thinking it must be cold even in Sydney! Can't wait to hear what happens. Thinking of you out there in between essay writing and being huddled over my little oil heater. I trust your music, Kooka! Lol! You should hear mine ... :p

Well the threat of Bing Crosby was just too much for the Scilons. They put on the music. For once it was quite decent music. Loud but not to the point of distortion. So we just went with that. Saved our batteries for the speeches. :whistling:

Well, to sum up this demonstration, the TA is moving. Excuse the Scilonese, please.

Scilons are becoming more and more agitated. There were several instances of aggression from them. The first one was some man who was shouting at us (at close range) to go away. Two OSA staff physically pulled him back as it looked like he was about to attack. Then there was a lady and her teenage daughter who got out of a car and the lady came flying up to me and screamed at me to not talk to her daughter, that it was illegal. I was addressing all arriving Scilons on the PA system, telling them about Rex Fowler. And I told her I'd talk to whoever I pleased. She went absolutely ballistic and stood in the middle of the street screaming and swearing. I called for cameras, so most of this is on film, which you will get to see. Then she went running up the street still in a rage, pointing her finger at us and saying we were pedophiles. A couple of minutes later, Cyrus came over to me and gets right in my face (like 2 inches from the end of my nose) with his bad breath and starts demanding that I get anons to erase photos they took of children. I just tell him to back off, repeatedly, which he doesn't, so I pushed him back to arms length. Then he accuses me of hitting him. :eyeroll: Then he again demands that I get Anonymous to delete their photos of children. I told him Anonymous didn't take any photos of children. Later on, when the police came, they checked everyone's cameras for these lewd child photos we supposedly had and surprise, surprise, there weren't any. :confused2:

But I'm getting ahead of myself here.

We have another Joe Klingi incident. For those of you who have been paying close attention to Anon Sydney's adventures, you will remember that Joe Klingi is the pro boxer who assaulted the smallest protester in the crowd last year and ruptured his eardrum. Well this time he picked on Anon Barbie. She's not very big either. Anyway, he parked his van, then got out and told her to move. She said he needed to say please if he wanted her to do something. Then he said if she didn't move he would punch her out. She stood her ground. Finally, he asked her to please move so she did. Fortunately, cameras were rolling and we have this recorded. There is a beautiful shot of Joe's fist drawn back ready to belt her. Anon Barbie did a beautiful job of staying cool and keeping control of the situation.

Then about 20 or 30 Scilons came out and lined up on their side of the street. This unnerved a couple of the Anons, who felt threatened by it as several of these people were the same ones that were involved in last years brawl. Personally, I think they were just attempting to handle by confronting the protesters.

So this time it was Anonymous who called the police. They have requested that police attend the demonstrations due to the aggressive behavior of the Scientologists. Poor cops. This is the first demonstration the Glebe police have stayed away from. Looks like they will not get much of a break. :eyeroll:

All in all, a great demonstration. :yes:

tl:dr We are making an impact and the Scilons are getting really upset about it. Anon photographers will be burning the midnight oil to bring you coverage of the highlights.