What's new

Sydney Morning Herald -inquiry

Carmel

Crusader
She actually didn't lie there. She told "a truth" in that the question asked something like "spend 100s of thousands on training courses?" Her answer was correct, you'd have to put together a pretty extensive array of *training courses* to get anywhere close to that amount and probably still wouldn't get anything like "100s of thousands". She (cleverly or inadvertently) answered the question accurately. The language of the question allowed her to do that. If Nick had asked "spend 100s of thousands on training and processing?" her answer *may* have been different.

I'm not defending her, I'm just pointing out that loose language leaves lots of wriggle room.

Good point, PT. I would have to agree now that you point out the wording.

I'm just wondering how much a person could spend doing all those re-treads because of GAT?

I always wondered why SO freeloader debts were so huge considering they don't get much auditing. I suppose being sent to Flag for training would rachet up the bill considerably.
Correct, she didn't actually "lie" on that point, but she did "mislead", and misleading is also "contempt".

While many OSA people have had much practice at wiggling their way out of things, the deception during the hearing is something to call them out on, I believe.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Correct, she didn't actually "lie" on that point, but she did "mislead", and misleading is also "contempt".

While many OSA people have had much practice at wiggling their way out of things, the deception during the hearing is something to call them out on, I believe.
Sure thing, calling it is fair enough but only call them on the actual (provable) lies.
My view is that right at this moment we really just need to cross the tees and dot the eyes and it'll all fall into place.

I seem to be sensitive to mistakes made in reporting, statements and questions at the moment. I spotted the error in the Today Tonight program on COSRECI and, sure enough, the CofS pounced on it as a "falsehood" and used it in an attempt to discredit TT.

They seem to be very good at spotting any untruths/ lies/misinformation, it probably stems from their own expertise in utilising these things.

byte301

Crusader

Yeah Carmel. It was the way the question was asked that allowed her to give her bogus answer. It was obvious Kevin talked about courses AND auditing. Maybe he could send a copy of his receipts to them to prove how much he spent.

I'm sure someone could send them a copy of the price rates if they don't have one. That should tell the whole story easily.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
LOL, right Bytie, and even the price lists only tell a fraction of the story.
The Solo NOTs Course costs a pittance compared to the cost of 15 years worth of "6 month checks".
You'll never see "Warning: Auditing on this Level could end up costing you $30 - 50,000/year" on any price list. :D

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Sure thing, calling it is fair enough but only call them on the actual (provable) lies.
My view is that right at this moment we really just need to cross the tees and dot the eyes and it'll all fall into place.

I seem to be sensitive to mistakes made in reporting, statements and questions at the moment. I spotted the error in the Today Tonight program on COSRECI and, sure enough, the CofS pounced on it as a "falsehood" and used it in an attempt to discredit TT.

They seem to be very good at spotting any untruths/ lies/misinformation, it probably stems from their own expertise in utilising these things.

^^^

That.

:eyeroll:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Scientology's *default* tactic is to lie. Even when they don't need to.

As long as the committee and then the Senate are aware of this, everything should be OK.

If they're *not*, then they need to be made aware. That's one mighty big dot and a very important 'T'.

Zinj

Carmel

Crusader
It would seem that the committee in attendance were well aware of the deceit. I couldn't say that though, for the rest of the committee and the senate, so we won't leave it there.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Right. That's exactly what I mean by "dot the i's and cross the t's".
(To take care of every detail, even minor ones; To be meticulous or thorough.)

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.

I have to admit that COSRECI story was like fishing with dynamite! I wonder what else will float to the surface?