ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Sydney New Year's Event Raid

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand Pickets and Protests' started by Kookaburra, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Yep, that's Vicki Dunstan (aka Vicki Hannah to older scios).
    Looks like a few old friends are still "serving the cause".

2. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

I don't really know but I would guess something lke:
    Fully hatted OT or Fully hatted OT ambassador. Just a guess. But their promo is simple minded like that. It seems to make him feel real important.

3. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

OT Doctorate Course?
    "I survived graduating from the Freewinds and all I got was this lousy shirt"

4. Gottabrain

Gottabrain Guest

:roflmao:

AWESOME shots!!! GREAT work!

5. Happy Aberree

Happy Aberree Patron with Honors

Great Job Guys!!

Really excellent work guys -you do yourselves proud. As soon as my m%$#er-f**king broadband decides to speed up... I will be able to watch the video!

Awesome pics and yeah, that's Vicki alright (great shot of her giving you the bird!!! WOW)

Keep up the good work.

HAB

6. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

7. Zhent

Zhent Leakus Maximus

lol damn your quick Kookaburra, beat me to the punch on my own videos!

I had just uploaded part 3, but Vimeo has failed on me again so its going to be another 2 hours uploading again. I'm uploading the vid with OSA now, funny stuff!

btw, have you managed to get your footage off your camera?

8. Cherished

Cherished Silver Meritorious Patron

I'm an Aussie and pretty much the only thing I understood over the traffic noises was the bird calls. (Interjection: How awesome were the bird calls in inner Sydney?)

Transcript anyone?

PS. That photo of Vicki is already in the inboxes of several journos. :D

9. Zhent

Zhent Leakus Maximus

Sadly the audio on my video camera is quite terrible (I could make out most of what tamphex said though). I'll talk to tamphex about doing a transcript/subtitling job.

Nice work! I could provide an un-watermarked higher-res or unaltered if necessary.

10. Happy Aberree

Happy Aberree Patron with Honors

Excellent!!!

It should be interesting watching the comedy of explanations/justifications for that one from OSA -the kings of PR!

HAB

11. Miss Pert

Miss Pert Silver Meritorious Patron

Great pics, recognised lots of faces there, SO & public, shame about the sound on the vids though.

BTW, the bird calls, if you're interested, are from the Indian Mynah, an introduced species that has become a pest in just about all cities in Oz, rather fitting they are featured in the vids then really.

12. Kookaburra

Yes, I saw them there and thought you might be still editing the next part. The sound in part 1 and 2 is much better than in the interview with Vicky. I got the idea you were backed off a ways and that was probably why the background noise was so loud.

Mine is still on my camera. I don't know that I'd have anything better than yours. Holding the camera still was secondary importance to what I was saying, so it's gonna be pretty erratic. I may look it over to see if we can get any other faces that are not on what you shot.

I'd like to get a list of who was at that event, so we know who is still in. And an accurate headcount. Both SO and public. It looked like a pretty good turnout. Are you guys that recognized people game for this?

13. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Ones that I know

There are some here I've named.

14. minnie

minnie Patron with Honors

Peter Mousiol is behind Debbie Champion and next to Steve Keegan. Also that's him in the Just chillin' photo.

Derek (White?)- black hair, black glasses - is next to Ken Nitsche.

Lady with long brown hair holding plastic cup in same photo with Saul Hildebrand and Stuart Heggie is Gay Morrow.

Full name for Bevan is Bevan Berry.

Dennis Martin is guy with glasses on far right in same photo as Alex Kutuzov.

Lots of S.O members here and there including Mike Gordon, Helen Weis (IAS), Sue McClintock's daughter, Pat Molloy, Loueen Bayly, Virginia Stewart, Edward Dickey, Matt Reeve, Stuart Heggie, and Cyrus Brooks. Also the guy with grey hair and glasses on far right near the girl in blue and white summer dress is the NOTS Folder Page guy or something similar - can't recall his name.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  15. Zhent

Zhent Leakus Maximus

Wow, Nice work already Scooter and Minnie!

All my videos are now online

Part 1: http://vimeo.com/8479397
    Part 2: http://vimeo.com/8480662
    Part 3: http://vimeo.com/8482194
    Chat with Vicki Dunstan: http://vimeo.com/8478519
    Some fun with OSA and Vicki : http://vimeo.com/8481823

Part 1 and 2 are mostly footage of the sci's arriving + protesting
    Part 3 is mostly anonymous shenanigans + some scilon footage
    The stuff with OSA is pretty funny, I especially lol'd when OSA Mike comes around the corner and he points to our chalk signs and hes like 'oh whats this?'

Audio is pretty terrible throughout though.

BTW: Has anyone spotted Wendy Honnor in the pics or vids? I think she was suppose to be at the Sydney event.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  16. Kookaburra

17. supafreak

supafreak Patron Meritorious

Wonderful photos and videos, Zhent! Pyro and I wish we could've been there.

18. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Looks like they had more fun outside the event than inside. Great pics and vids. Thanks for the report.

And I had the same thought Panda had....OT Doctorate Course grad.

19. israeli

israeli New Member

20. Kookaburra